cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community forum counts as "someone else is listening"

amoebob
Opening Act

The Pandora Community forum should not count as a listener to the service. If I am listening to Pandora on my Android device and open community.pandora.com on my desktop browser, the Android device stops playing and displays a dialog indicating that "someone else is listening". Even if I am past any redirects that might happen and am already sitting in https://community.pandora.com, opening Pandora on Android is blocked with a "someone else is listening" dialog.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

amoebob
Opening Act
I haven't been able to reliably reproduce this since the day I originally wrote. Consider it resolved for now and I'll let you know if I see it again. Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amoebob That shouldn't actually happen.

Someone from our support team will be contacting you via email to see if they can help get this resolved.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

0 Kudos

amoebob
Opening Act

@AdamPandora My original message states that I was able to access my account just fine until opening the Pandora Community site. Support didn't understand that I was reporting a potential bug that they should try to reproduce. Instead, they sent me a form email that assumed my account had been stolen, reset my password, and removed all associated devices from my account. That was frustrating and doesn't address the potential bug, that I was just trying to help by reporting.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amoebob I do see you have been in contact with our support team.

If you are still experiencing issues with this, you can reply back directly to the email thread you have going with them, and they will be happy to look into this further with you. 

0 Kudos

amoebob
Opening Act
I haven't been able to reliably reproduce this since the day I originally wrote. Consider it resolved for now and I'll let you know if I see it again. Thank you.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @amoebob.

Thanks for reporting this.

Please let us know if anything else pops up! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos