cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when accessing Playback 2021

delirium
Underground

Just wondering if Playback 2021 might not be working for some people yet. I get an error ("Oops! Something went wrong.") on the website, and the Your Personal Playback 2021 under For You in the iOS app doesn't do anything when I tap it. More to Love 2021 works. But I'm seeing people post their summaries so I'm wondering if it's my account or...?

I listened way more than 3 hours, and I'm a Plus subscriber, but not Premium.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@delirium Our engineering team took a look at your account, and have confirmed that your account unfortunately isn't eligible for Playback 2021.

To be eligible for Playback 2021, you must have listened to at least three songs (with five spins/plays or more) or three stations, either adding up to one hour of listening on Pandora in 2021.

Hope this helps explain!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@delirium You should have access to your Playback 2021.

Please check out this thread to ensure you are accessing it correctly: Playback 2021 FAQ

It also may help to try viewing your Playback 2021 on a computer to verify if this issue is specific to your phone.

If none of the above works for you, please send me a screenshot of the error message you are seeing.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

delirium
Underground

Unfortunately, same problem in the web browser. Screenshot below. There are some JavaScript errors in the console that I'm including below as well. I'm running some extensions, but disabling them all doesn't seem to make a difference, nor does trying a different browser (I normally use Safari, but I've tried Chrome). And given that the Playback button can't be tapped in the iOS app either it seems like it's something bigger than a client-specific issue. Any suggestions you can provide would be appreciated!

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 8.31.26 AM.png

[Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: topData
	Global Code (eoy-2021.js:262)
[Error] Failed to load resource: You do not have permission to access the requested resource.
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (bootstrap-reboot.min.css.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (bootstrap.min.css.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (scrolloverflow.min.js.map, line 0)
0 Kudos

delirium
Underground

I had initially created this topic because I thought maybe it wasn't an account-specific issue since the feature is so new, but if it's account-specific, I can just file a support ticket if you think that's best. Thank you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries, @delirium - this Community thread works just fine.

I went ahead and created a ticket with our engineering team and passed along your report so they can further investigate.

I'll give you a reply on this thread when I hear back from them.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@delirium Our engineering team took a look at your account, and have confirmed that your account unfortunately isn't eligible for Playback 2021.

To be eligible for Playback 2021, you must have listened to at least three songs (with five spins/plays or more) or three stations, either adding up to one hour of listening on Pandora in 2021.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

delirium
Underground

Can you clarify these rules for me then? I know I've listened to many hours, but yes, I do primarily listen to just the one custom station I have. Does that mean I need to have repeated at least three songs on that station with the replay option, and at least five times each? I thought I would have met that criteria, but maybe not quite–the station is very tuned to my taste and while I repeat occasionally, I may not do it as much as that.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@delirium In order to be eligible, you would have needed to consistently stream at least three stations.

From what our engineers could see, only two stations were listened to throughout the year on your account.

Hope this helps explain.

delirium
Underground

Well, it doesn't really explain what is meant by "at least three songs (with five spins/plays or more)," but if 3 stations are required, that's fine. Disappointing though–for me, the whole point of Pandora is that everything I love is in one station, and there should be plenty of ways to pull data/favorite bands from that. Thanks for your help!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@delirium That is specific for Pandora Premium users who listen to music on demand.

Since you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus, the only way you'd be able to become eligible for Playback 2021 would be if you listened to three stations.

We appreciate your feedback around this though, as it is helpful as we work to improve our services for everyone.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos