cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onkyo Devices: Pandora no longer connects to receiver

lmlock
Local Performer

My Onkyo receiver has stopped connecting with Pandora internet radio.  I connected the receiver with a cable to my router and it still will not connect.  The error message is “The server connection could not be established “.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
179 Replies

sw_smith
Local Performer

Cool!

I have an ONKYO TX-8050 that has stopped connecting to Pandora; however, my other devices still connect. I'm thinking that, if I could reset the connection, I could come back in with the auth code. Can you reset from your end? I see no way from mine.

Pandora user: [   email   ]

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @sw_smith! Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to help but the email address associated with your community profile doesn't have a Pandora account connected. Did you recently change your email to something new?

I'll send you a private message here on community to follow up. Please avoid posting personal information, such as email address or phone numbers to community since this is a public forum. Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mizzouvette1
Local Performer

My receiver was not allowing me to play some stations so I logged out and now it tells me "Sign in Error Please check your account information" but there is no way to do that on the receiver.  My account works on everything else.  I am currently playing Pandora through a connected PC but would rather not have to do that.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mizzouvette1! Welcome to community - sorry to hear about the trouble with your Onkyo.

I checked the email associated with your community profile and while I do see a Pandora account. I don't see an Onkyo device. Is it possible that you have another Pandora account under a different email address?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mizzouvette1
Local Performer

Tanner, Thanks.  The device shows the email as you have it.  It never lets me put in the password and just gives the stated message.  I am listening through a PC on that account right now.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@mizzouvette1 I just checked your account again and now I see a new device connection from today. Were you able to log into your Onkyo or did it give you the same error message?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mizzouvette1
Local Performer

Tanner, thanks again.  I finally got the receiver to allow me to delete and re-add Pandora and it now works.  That being said, curated stations will not play and just keep "connecting"  That is what I was trying to fix in the first place.  It may be this receiver will not work on the curated stations.  It is old enough it does not have anymore firmware updates but it works very well otherwise.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos

GeneLowy
Underground

I have the same issue with thwe curated stations 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Glad to hear you were able to log back in @mizzouvette1! Let me know if you have trouble again.

Hi @GeneLowy 👋

I've passed along your experiences with curated stations to the appropriate parties. We'll follow up if we need any additional details.

I would also recommend reaching out to Onkyo support since individual manufacturers are responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application on their device. 

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mizzouvette1
Local Performer
Thanks, Tanner.  I will try to get in contact with Onkyo as well.
0 Kudos

tomnoto
Local Performer

Hi, my Onkyo receiver is stuck on "connecting" to Pandora and no longer can connect. Can you please remove the association for me. Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tomnoto I've gone ahead and removed your Onkyo connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you should be automatically logged out. Please be patient as this may not happen immediately.

If this does not resolve the issue, can you please send me a picture of the error message you're seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

bbarnouw
Underground

Still not working. Rebooted internet/wifi/ logged out of Pandora on the receiver, still kicking me off WIFI.  When I put a station on, the receiver will jump to BUFFERING, and never get back on again, I have to unplug the receiver plug it in again, and then listen to the only station that works. 

0 Kudos

tomnoto
Local Performer

Hi, my receiver seems to be working now, thanks for your help. 

LaLawyer
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue I had previously.  My Onkyo TX-NR727 can't connect to Yacht Rock. Other stations work fine.   Yacht Rock just hangs up on connecting.  I had this problem before and it wound up getting resolved.  I see no way to log out of Pandora on the Onkyo and log back in.  Any help with this??

0 Kudos

GeneLowy
Underground

Has there been any methods used to correct the problems with the "Curated" stations hanging the network connections. Is there a way to remove the "Curated" portion of the station?

0 Kudos

Jeff15
Local Performer

Hi Tanner can you remove my Onkyo

receiver from my account. I am having the same buffering and delays as others on this thread. Thanks

0 Kudos

bbarnouw
Underground

correction, not buffering but initializing and never connects.  this has been happening a lot with no resolution.  very upset.

agreed! "curated stations" seem to be the problem

Moderator Edit: Format and merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jeff15! Sorry for any trouble.

I've removed the Onkyo connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect you'll automatically be logged out. When you've logged back in let me know if you continue to have trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Dporchia4116
Local Performer

Hello,

My Onkyo receiver has stopped connecting with Pandora internet radio. Under the Onkyo settings it says that the device is connected but Pandora won't connect. I don't have the ability to connect a hard wire from the router but I don't think that is the issue. I have read that my account could be reset or dissociated from my stereo on your end so that I can redo an initial setup again. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thank you,

Dom

0 Kudos