cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Logging In After Premium Session

Listener001
Not applicable

I have been using Pandora since about 2012.  First I used it through Roku 2 until it wore, then I went directly to the site.  My favorite music would have come out on 78 speed records.  Anyway, after signing out.  I could not sign in again.  After looking up a song by a favorite artist I attempted to start a playlist around it.  Not knowing that I was signing up for a trial of the Premium edition, I switched back to the previous list I was streaming and signed out.  Then, I could not sign in again.  I thought I should start a ticket to make sure I am not billed for the service I did not intend to sign up for, the Premium edition.  Maybe someone understands why I cannot login in again with the former password I had already established to use here.  Now I cannot login to stream, all because the site tried to sign me up for an upgrade I did not want; and I tried to avoid being billed for it.  Now that I notice it, the screen name over this thread pertains to a closed email address.  I thought we fixed that long ago.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Listener001. 👋

I moved your post over to the Account section to keep the community space organized. It sounds like there are a couple of things happening here. I'm happy to explain.

Complimentary Session of Premium:

First, I was able to determine that you initiated a complimentary session of Premium. 

• If you search our library from your computer or mobile device for a song or album, and click play. If you are eligible for a free session of Pandora Premium, clicking play will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy your on-demand content.
  • You won't be charged for this session. Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account will return to your regular service automatically at the end of the session and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

++

Your Account + Password:

Please keep in mind, Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device or phone number. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts. This also means your original password should work. 

I've gone ahead and escalated your issue to our User Support team so that you can get logged back into your account. Please keep an eye out for their email. If you don't see it soon, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Listener001. 👋

I moved your post over to the Account section to keep the community space organized. It sounds like there are a couple of things happening here. I'm happy to explain.

Complimentary Session of Premium:

First, I was able to determine that you initiated a complimentary session of Premium. 

• If you search our library from your computer or mobile device for a song or album, and click play. If you are eligible for a free session of Pandora Premium, clicking play will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy your on-demand content.
  • You won't be charged for this session. Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account will return to your regular service automatically at the end of the session and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

++

Your Account + Password:

Please keep in mind, Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device or phone number. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts. This also means your original password should work. 

I've gone ahead and escalated your issue to our User Support team so that you can get logged back into your account. Please keep an eye out for their email. If you don't see it soon, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Allyssa, last night my email address and password worked with no problem, after that accidentally initiated Premium session, only for Communities.  For streaming it did not work until late, after more attempts than I could count.  This morning I had to request password reset.  They would not work for either Communities or streaming.  When I thought I had logged into Communities, streaming started, which I am not in the mood for.  Reverse all this "monkey business" so I can go back to using the former email address and password.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry for the continued trouble.

For security purposes, we can't share personal information in the community space. Your issue was escalated this morning to help fix this. Please follow up with our User Support agent via the email you were sent earlier today for help with regaining access to your account.

We appreciate your patience during this process!

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Somebody's not getting it because I already changed my email address.  This user ID at the top of my page that indicates its my post should have been changed with it to correspond with my email address.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Listener001 

Updating your Pandora email address not does not update your community profile name. It's not possible to change your Community username. 

I'll send you a private message for more information around this.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Tanner, the email you sent is a "no-reply;" so I can't use it.  I will keep the username as it is.  Nobody has to have anything that current on me anyway.  However, I would like to go back to using my former password.  Nobody had any cause to require me to change it.  Google often pulls this nonsense with its accounts.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @Listener001 I sent you a private message through community, not an email. You should see a little envelope by your profile name on Pandora community.

++

It's often easiest to change your password on a computer. 

Start by visiting pandora.com on your computer and signing in.

Next, click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page and select Settings. Under Account you can make any necessary changes to your registration information, including your email address and password.

When you are updating your password, you will need to enter the old password to confirm the changes. Only then will the new password take effect.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Tanner, I will try that later; but after streaming today since 2:30 I finally understand what is driving this thread.  The site pays no attention to the Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down symbols we check.  So, we don't hear enough of what we want that a song or artist typifies.  Likewise, we hear too much of what we don't want.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Sorry to hear that your stations aren't playing the way you want them to.

Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for you. It does this by using a combination of the detailed information in the Music Genome Project, the station seeds and Thumbs feedback you have given along with feedback given by other listeners under similar conditions.

There are a number of variables that come into play when selecting the next song:

• The complete range of musical attributes for all of the songs we have by the artist you used to create the station. For example, for a station based on Brian Eno, you might hear rock songs and ambient music. You might try creating a station from one of the artist's songs instead (e.g. Lucky Star by Madonna). This should make the station much more specific.

• The type of feedback you've given on the station (all the Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down ratings) and any additional artist or song seeds you've added to the station. Pandora lumps all this together and tries to determine what the best musical match is based on our musical analysis.

To improve your stations, here are a couple of things to try:

1. Continue to Thumb down tracks that do not fit. This will prevent that song from playing again, and Pandora will learn more about what you don't want to hear.
  2. Make sure each of the thumbs-up you've given fits in with the type of station you are trying to create. If not, then remove that thumbs-up rating from the station page.
  3. When listening from a computer, a mobile device or the Sonos app, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

This all being said, I do see one of our Moderators was able to escalate this over to our support team.

If you have any additional questions, make sure to reply back directly to the email your email thread you have open with them, and they will be happy to further assist.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Adam, your suggestions do not work; otherwise I would not have added them to this thread.  Not only does Pandora keep playing the Thumbs Down selections, but also they play them in succession one right after the other, the songs and the artists I gave Thumbs Down to.  I must also add that my stations keep playing the same songs in the same order whether or not I want to hear them.  It is as though Pandora has a limited archive of music, especially from periods.  The same songs, the same order, regardless of Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, they just play on.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Adam and Tanner, we have new problems.  Before even logging in, why does the site begin streaming.  Whether I like that particular track or not, it will switch to another track upon login.  Then, for the umpteenth time today, I got a stream of Begin the Beguine by Artie Shaw.  There were two streams going at once.  My other windows were open for finding this thread.  One of the streams interrupted to play a commercial with Artie playing away on the other one.  After the commercial streamed Moonlight Serenade by Glenn Miller, also for the umpteenth time today.  I had to log out.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Listener001 - I'm catching up on the conversation. Sounds like this is happening on your computer via the web. 

You may need to check the bookmark that you use to access Pandora.

It should only be: https://www.pandora.com

If there is anything added onto to it (e.g., https://www.pandora.com/#/genres/top), then erase that. That is most likely the problem.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

No, I just got an email asking it that solves the problem; and it does not.  I went through the trouble just now of looking up how to remove bookmarks and favorites on Safari.  After removing it, I put the homepage you suggested in the URL; and it went to the station anyway, always playing as it did just now an artist or song that I had already given Thumbs Down.  So, despite what I put into the URL, it goes where it wants to.  Content still is not as good as LiveXLive.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Pandora has a mind of its own!  I cannot login and know it will play the last playlist I selected before logging off.  It jumps to my other playlists whenever it wants to.  Then, with the stream going, I cannot access the Community without starting another stream of the same song, only seconds late.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Nice to hear back from you.

It sounds like you are now running in to a few separate issues.

Getting Pandora to play the last selected station before you logged off:

To begin, there is no way to select a default station to play when logging into your account on our website.

While there is a chance that Pandora will resume on the station you last left off at, that isn't guaranteed.

If you'd like to see this functionality added to Pandora, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️Default station option

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pandora jumping to other playlists:

It looks like you are currently set up with the free service - playlists are only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

I believe you are referring to your regular radio stations - can you please provide a little more information about what is happening?

1. Do you select one station and it begins to play, and then randomly in the middle of the song that is currently playing, it will switch to a different station entirely?
  2. Is there an error message when that happens? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not able to access Community without switching streams:

You should be able to open the Community without having your current stream interrupted.

To do so, click on your avatar in the top right corner to open the drop down menu:

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 10.20.01 AM.png

Next, click on Community, and it should open a new tab or window directing you to the Community website:

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 10.19.20 AM.png

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

That heart symbol is characteristic of LiveXLive.  Whether Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, Pandora does not pay attention to it.  The stream jumps to another one upon login, not in the middle of a stream.  When I give a selection a Thumbs Up, from then on I am lucky if Pandora gets the period right.  When I listen to vintage jazz, swing or dance music, I do not want modern day jazz piano small bands or anything too contemporary.  Another problem occurs while streaming when backtracking to see what you've streamed within the playlist.  Even after expanding the window, between the stations in the leftmost column and the album cover of the track streaming, there is not enough room to click.  So, one is more likely to click by accident the stations on the left that he does not want to play being that the album cover of the track playing is slightly to the left.  In other words, there is not enough room for the cursor.  Another persistent problem, probably somebody from another country uploaded the Casa Loma Orchestra's "Thank you, Father" with "Father" misspelled as "Faber."  While I applaud the person's taste, Helen Kane recorded it with lyrics if you want to confirm.  Please correct the spelling.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Thank you for sharing your additional feedback.

I have escalated your report of the incorrect spelling for that track by Casa Loma Orchestra to our curation team for further review. 

0 Kudos