cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Someone else is listening" Message

AlyssaPandora

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.01.21 AM.png

"Someone Else is Listening" Message:

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unauthorized User on my account:

If you believe this error message is popping up due to an unauthorized user accessing your account, and would like help with disassociating or removing any devices that are logged into your account, please contact our support team for further assistance.

At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

In the meantime, you can upvote this idea by liking this request if you want to see this as a feature offered on Pandora. 

Hope this information is helpful!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (1)
484 Replies

AdamPandora

@Wrapartists I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

malenyvalo
Local Performer

Need to remove unauthorized users from my account. Password was changed. User keeps messing with my lists /  likes. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@malenyvalo I've removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

mherb
Local Performer

I keep getting this pop-up which pauses my music.  Nobody has my account information and I only listen on my phone.  I need to know how to make this stop.  Already changed password but seems to still be happening.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@mherb At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

I recommend upvoting this feature request with a ❤️if you want to see this offered on Pandora: Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

If you haven't already, I would also recommend changing your password.

Click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access.

• Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process.
  • If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

If you continue to have trouble, let me know.

0 Kudos

jayeshleman
Local Performer

While Driving in my car, I prompted that someone else is listing to my music.  When I choose to "let me listen", Pandora keeps telling me Someone Else is using my account.  Why does Pandora not stop the other stream and "let me listen"?    The other person using my service is my Sonos System at my house and I forgot to shut it off.  Do I really need to pause the first stream before leaving?  I would think "let me listen" would override the stream from the house.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @jayeshleman. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. Someone from our User Support team will reach out to you via email to offer further assistance.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

callmond8
Local Performer

Hi Support,

I keep getting the message that someone is using my account but I have not given out my info to others. I have updated the app on my phone and password but still get message. Can you please log out any devices using account under email XXXX Thanks in advance for your help

Chris

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@callmond8 I've removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access.

• Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process.
  • If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

0 Kudos

Ianwilson749
Local Performer

My ex has my account on her phone and I can not figure out for the life of me how to remove her phone I’ve changed my password and even attached another email thinking it would log all other devices out it hasn’t and I keep geting the someone else is listen to your Pandora ad need help so I can enjoy my music with out interruptions 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Ianwilson749 I've removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

0 Kudos

Fhanyok33
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. Changed password and I still get stations that it says someone else is listening to. No one else has my info. so it shouldn’t be someone logging in that I know. It’s always classic rock and classical music. Please help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Fhanyok33 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Ea5289
Local Performer

Someone has gotten into my acct and is saving music that isnt mine and i often get the someone else is listening to your acct message.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Ea5289 I've removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

0 Kudos

wmill1281
Local Performer

I need all devices removed from my account due to someone else using my account without my knowledge. I have already changed my password 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@wmill1281 I've removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

rsugg12192
Local Performer

Someone else is listening and I have emailed Pandora and no one has answered me

I have been getting interrupted with every song that someone else is listening to my account.  I have 2 small children and the songs that are being listened to are extremely explicit and nothing I would ever listen to.  I have emailed Pandora about the situation over a week ago and have heard nothing back.  I changed my password today to see if this helps.  What else can I do?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@rsugg12192 I've removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

0 Kudos

Michael1975
Local Performer

Why do I keep getting cut off because someone else is listening to my pandora? I have my setting to private but it keeps happening. Any way to keep it from happeneing?

0 Kudos