cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Someone else is listening" Message

AdamPandora

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.01.21 AM.png

"Someone Else is Listening" Message:

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unauthorized User on my account:

If you believe this error message is popping up due to an unauthorized user accessing your account, and would like help with disassociating or removing any devices that are logged into your account, please contact our support team for further assistance.

At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

In the meantime, you can upvote this idea by liking this request if you want to see this as a feature offered on Pandora. 

Hope this information is helpful!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

@Plogsdon @Jxv4047 I moved your posts over to this existing thread: "Someone else is listening" Message

At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

I recommend upvoting this feature request with a ❤️if you want to see this offered on Pandora: Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

If you haven't already, I would also recommend changing your password.

Click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access.

• Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process.
  • If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

If you continue to have trouble, let me know.

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Plogsdon
Local Performer

my husband recently passed and I’m trying to remove all other devices from his account. I changed the password thinking it would prompt the other person to have to put in the new password but it hasn’t worked. How can I get the other device off?

0 Kudos

Jxv4047
Local Performer

Need help removing everyone from my account.i can't listen to music in peace without getting the message 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Plogsdon @Jxv4047 I moved your posts over to this existing thread: "Someone else is listening" Message

I recommend upvoting this feature request with a ❤️if you want to see this offered on Pandora: Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access.

• Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process.
  • If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

View solution in original post

slainek0
Local Performer

Hi, I started getting this error message randomly over the last month. I drive an hour to/from work, and usually have Pandora playing. There doesn't seem to be any reason for this to be happening - I am the only person using the account. I thought it may have been caused because I use bluetooth to connect to my car stereo, and that maybe someone else's bluetooth was interfereing, until tonight when it happened on my PC.

Why is this happening? There is NO ONE ELSE with access to the account and every time I get the message, I just press pause/play and it goes right back on. I did not have this problem when I had a free account. I currently have the military discounted $7.99/mo plan and if this keeps happening then I'm 1) not going to keep paying for the service, and 1a) going to switch to Youtube, neither of which I really want to do.

Thanks.

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @slainek0. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Someone else is listening" Message

I would recommend checking out @AdamPandora's post about this error message here. In the meantime, someone from our User Support team will reach out to you via email to offer further assistance with this error message and your Pandora account. 

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

dewdewmommy0815
Local Performer

Pandora keeps telling me that there is some one else is listening to my pandora. I have changed my password several times. It still says someone is using my pandora. How do I get that to stop.

0 Kudos

MOHLovesAlaska
Gold Certified

@dewdewmommy0815 are you listening from your desktop app, then listening online, if so you have to either pause one or the other or stop one or the other. If you have more than one device you need to be signed off on one of them, or you will receive this message. If you are sharing an account with someone else, you both cannot listen at the same time on the same account using the same e-mail and password. You can share the same account with the family plan, but you still need your own e-mail and password so you do not run into the problem that someone else is listening. I hope this helps, take care and stay safe. 

P.S No I'm not with Pandora IT, but I have experienced this issue with the following that I have just explained. Be safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

dewdewmommy0815
Local Performer

How do I kick devices off of my pandora?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @dewdewmommy0815. 👋

I can help out with this. 

At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually. In the meantime, I recommend upvoting this feature request with a 💙if you want to see this offered on Pandora: Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

Per your request, I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your individual Pandora accounts. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously. 

Since you recently changed your password, you should be secure from this end.

I hope this helps. If you continue to have trouble, please don't hesitate to let me know. 🎧

Duniaw18
Local Performer

Hello I need help removing all devices associated to my account. I can’t listen to anything. Keeps saying someone else is listening. Please assist. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Duniaw18 I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Someone else is listening" Message

I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

Hoshino
Local Performer

I am having this same problem.

I am on a Mac, using your website, and Firefox.

Only the image of a disc spinning.

I just tried Safari, and got the message that someone else is listening--I have it on a Kindle elsewhere in the house, but never have had a problem playing Pandora on my computer (It's paused on my Kindle).

So I can get it using Safari but not Firefox,because Safari gives me the option to listen or let the other "user" listen.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Hoshino I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Someone else is listening" Message

To resolve this, I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

0 Kudos

Timmykarabb
Local Performer

I've tried to have you guys reset my account and log me out of other devices and no one will so can I please get it reset?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Timmykarabb. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. I do see that you've been in touch with our User Support team. I have reached out to you via email to assist with your account. If you don't see my message yet, please be sure to check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

artemis20
Local Performer

This feature should not have to get X-number of rankings to get prioritized in your development process lifecycle. This feature should have been standard for users - I have gotten this error back-to-back 5-6 times, and I know for certain no other devices are logged in and that no one else is listening.

Come on guys-product managers, executives - there are too many other listening platforms available to have to deal having to get what should be a standard feature ranked so it gets in to development.

Please don't tell me to change my password - been there done that more than once; that's what you tell users when you know what is causing it but keep directing users to a dead end. Fix it. 

AdamPandora

@artemis20 I definitely understand your frustration and we appreciate your feedback around this.

If you need assistance with removing any unauthorized users from your devices in the meantime, please let me know and I'll be happy to assist with that.

0 Kudos

Golffreak107
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. It only happens while in my car and sometimes every song that plays and every time I change my station.  This is clearly a bug and I am about to cancel pandora because of it. Like you said way too many streaming options. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Golffreak107 To rule out any possibility of an unauthorized user, let's run through some steps to secure your account.

To begin,  I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

0 Kudos