cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Someone else is listening" Message

AlyssaPandora

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.01.21 AM.png

"Someone Else is Listening" Message:

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unauthorized User on my account:

If you believe this error message is popping up due to an unauthorized user accessing your account, and would like help with disassociating or removing any devices that are logged into your account, please contact our support team for further assistance.

At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

In the meantime, you can upvote this idea by liking this request if you want to see this as a feature offered on Pandora. 

Hope this information is helpful!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (1)
478 Replies

Dizzy49
Underground

Yes!  I've had two messages today, but no one is at home, so no one should be on my account!  I'm very concerned and have no insight into what's going on!

If nothing else this should be implemented as a CYA for Pandora.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Dizzy49 At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

If you'd like to see the option to remove devices on your end added to the service, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

In the meantime, someone from our support team will be reaching out to you privately via email to help secure your account.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

april4964
Local Performer

Hi, yesterday I kept getting a message that somebody else was listening to my account. I looked at my recently played songs and none of them are mine. I changed my password today what else can I do to protect myself?

AdamPandora

@april4964 I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately to help secure your account.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 🤝

0 Kudos

Alexisng96
Local Performer

I have an unauthorized user on my account that was streaming at the same time as I was. Reset password but they are still on. Please sign me out of all my devices.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Alexisng96 It looks like you've already been in contact with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, make sure to reply back directly to the email thread you have open with them.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 😁

0 Kudos

dschulfer7
Local Performer

I'm not sure why this message pops up a lot. I am the only one that uses my pandora and it is only on my phone. Why would it keep doing this? And am I able to see if someone else is using my account?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @dschulfer7. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

I would recommend checking out my post about this error message here.

Unfortunately, viewing / removing the devices logged into your account isn't a feature of Pandora at this time. I would recommend upvoting this existing feature request if you'd like to have this ability: Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

In the meantime, someone from our User Support team will reach out to you via email to ensure the security of your Pandora account. Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks so much for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

wlevand
Local Performer

Someone keeps listening to my account. I just changed password

I literally just changed my password and it said there is someone else on again!!  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@wlevand It looks like you already have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you are still having trouble with an unauthorized user accessing your account, please make sure to reply back directly to that email thread you have open with our support team, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 

0 Kudos

Eshine9
Local Performer

I keep getting the “someone else is listening” notification and I get bumped off my account. There has also randomly saved artists and music I’ve never heard of. Everyone in my house has their own account so it’s not them and I’m pretty sure my Pandora account has been hacked and someone else is using it. How can I get the password changed to keep whoever it is out of my account?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Eshine9 I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue: "Someone else is listening" Message

I have escalated this to our support team - they will be contacting you privately via email to help secure your account.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Eshine9
Local Performer

I already spoke to support this morning and got it taken care of. Thanks 

AdamPandora

Happy to hear that, @Eshine9.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 😁 

0 Kudos

psychodufus5
Local Performer

I saw there was another thread about this but did not get a resolution.  I received this message for the first time today but it's coming up every 5 minutes. The only other place I login is on my android app.

• I am listening on Brave browser on my PC and after I started getting the message I changed the password, closed the browser, logged in and first thing I get is the message again. 
  • I check the android app and it's still able to play even though I didn't have to enter the new password.
  • Sign out on the desktop and sign back in to confirm the new password took and the old password fails but the new one works.
  • Uninstall the android app, still get the message
  • I am at a loss of what to do.

I can't find where to contact pandora support. Lot of FAQs and community forums but for the life of me can't find anything to contact support or open a ticket.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@psychodufus5 I moved your post over to this thread since you are running into a similar issue: "Someone else is listening" Message

For future reference, check out the accepted solution to this thread to tips on how to get in touch with our support team: How to contact customer service?

This being said, I went ahead and escalated your feedback to them - they will now be contacting you privately via email to assist with this.

0 Kudos

LindyF
Local Performer

I am keep getting the someone else is listening to my account message.  I need to have that other person denied access to my account.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LindyF I have escalated this over to our support team so they can further assist with this.

They will be contacting you privately via email, so please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

Dracoheart1260
Local Performer

Can someone from support please contact me, i am getting this same error and it is annoying. I really wish there was a feature to manage devices.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Dracoheart1260 At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

If you'd like to see the option to remove devices on your end added to the service, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️Someone else listening - Show what other device is being used

In the meantime, I went ahead and escalated your feedback along to our support team - they will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further.

0 Kudos