cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Someone else is listening" Message

AlyssaPandora

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.01.21 AM.png

"Someone Else is Listening" Message:

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unauthorized User on my account:

If you believe this error message is popping up due to an unauthorized user accessing your account, and would like help with disassociating or removing any devices that are logged into your account, please contact our support team for further assistance.

At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

In the meantime, you can upvote this idea by liking this request if you want to see this as a feature offered on Pandora. 

Hope this information is helpful!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (1)
478 Replies

Hamund_Fuyati
Local Performer
I also have Pandora Premium and it keeps telling me someone is listening and it gets pretty irritating when I pay $12 a month and they don’t.. is there anyway to log out of my accounts like on Netflix? Someone please help

AdamPandora

@Hamund_Fuyati @AlyssaPandora has provided some helpful information on why that message might be popping up here

Hope we continue to see you around the community!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

jadule21
Local Performer

Can You Turn OFF The Blocker? 

@el49 wrote:

@AlyssaPandora Thank you!

Hamund_Fuyati
Local Performer

So basically you’re saying I can’t do **ahem**? If I cannot get a solution to this I will go to Spotify or Apple Music!! This is ridiculous 

TannerPandora

Hi @Hamund_Fuyati Sounds like you may have an unauthorized user on your account. 

I've notified our user support team to reach out to you via the email associated with your Pandora account. Please be on the look out for an email from them. 

In the meantime, since device management is currently not a feature, I would suggest visiting our Feature Request Board to 'Like' this request. 

Thanks again for posting on community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

stephanie
Local Performer

I agree with you!  This has started happening to me in the last few weeks.  I originally thought it was my daughter.  It happened today and we were both in the house.  She was not using pandora!  Someone ELSE has hacked the account!  I changed the password but it doesn't require all devices to log back on, so whoever has the account is STILL USING IT!    Pandora!  fix this problem!    Netflix has figured it out.  When you change your password on Netflix it prompts you:  "would you like all devices to be logged off and require them to log back on?" 

AdamPandora

@stephanie Our support team can help with this - I have confirmed with them that they will be contacting you via email at the email address your Pandora account is registered under.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

Jenjen06
Underground
Hi good night, i upgrade my Pandora Radio and since then I’m starting receiving messages like is someone listen my radio and no one else is listen, how can I check who is , I really need help , thanks in advance

ardenkid
Local Performer

I keep getting a more then one person is listening and I cannot listen at this time. I am the account holder , I pay for this service. I have changed the password and my family is not listening at that time. I thought changing the password would fix the problem but I think it is on Pandoras side. PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM!

AdamPandora

@Jenjen06 @ardenkid If you have further questions as to why this error message is popping up, @AlyssaPandora has provided a useful link in her message above:

If you need assistance with removing devices from your account, or would like more info about this error message, please check out this helpful article.

azeroth2b
Underground

Listing attached devices and removing their access shouldn't require customer support intervention.  I support the notion that this should be added as a feature.

Worth noting, this seems to be happening frequently as of late.  Without being able to check who's accessing my account, I don't know the level of severity in play.  Am I hacked? The account is never "taken back", so odds are it's not that.  

AdamPandora

@azeroth2b Thank you for your feedback.

In the meantime, you can upvote this idea by liking this request if you want to see this as a feature offered on Pandora. 

CAReno
Local Performer

I have to agree. I can listen on Google Home and my Apple products, but I cannot listen on my PC. I have pop-ups blocked and I never see the message. On the rare cases where I do see the popup and answer let me listen, it still will not play on PC. So, I have to listen on my phone and not my great PC stereo system. I want to cancel, but trying to avoid the hassle.

0 Kudos

Renosome
Local Performer

Why would I receive a voice message while playing a song that someone else is listening to Pandora on my account.  The only other person is my wife who is in the vehicle and does not have Pandora.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

TmacPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hey @Renosome, a question for you on this.  Do you ever play Pandora on Alexa, Chromecast or a Google Home/Mini? I'm wondering if we have a stream issue there we need to fix.  There has to be an open stream elsewhere on a device you used, we just need to find out what that is and fix it.

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

Jenjen06
Underground

Before being a Pandora plus I was regular, this is so annoying stop what I’m doing to click “ let me listen “ is not fair pay 5 dollar every month at year is 60 and every minute appear this message, and now you recommend me to upgrade to premium, do you know if have 10 dollar every month no ,? So I’m gonna be very polite with you guys, I’m not the only person with issue is preferred you fix this because you provably gonna lose a lot customers ! Thanks

MitziTorres
Local Performer

Please help! I have a really old email address on my account and I want to update it! Many people have my account information logged into their devices and I am unable to log them out! I have tried everything and cannot seem to find an answer. The reason for me updating my account is because I have pandora premium! I already tried making a new account with my new emaill address but it does not have pandora premium and it is not the same! I've had my account since I was in middle school! I really want to keep it!! Thanks for any advice!

AdamPandora

@Jenjen06 I moved your post to this thread as @AlyssaPandora provided some helpful information on why that error message is popping up. 

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎧

AdamPandora

@MitziTorres  Our support team has confirmed with me that they will be reaching out to you via email at the email address your Pandora account is registered under.

Please keep an eye out for their message, and they will be happy to further assist you with this.

LloydT
Local Performer

How do I sign out of Pandora (and other Users) on all devices? Thanks in advance!