cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else is listening on my account

Local Performer
I have Pandora Premium. All of a sudden I keep getting timed out and then I hear that someone else is listening to my Pandora account. How can I see who is on my account and how can I remove them?

Re: Someone else is listening on my account

@CAshley I moved your message to this thread to keep the community organized.

Our support team will be sending you a message to the email address your Pandora account is registered under.

Keep an eye out for their message and they'll be happy to look into this further. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

Device management

Local Performer

How can I sign out of a device that was stolen? It keeps kicking me off my Pandora because it says someone else is listening to your pandora and only 1 can use it at a time.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Re: Device management

@Hi @Melissa - Thanks for posting to community!

I see that you've emailed our support team and have an exisiting case. I've reached out to them and have confirmed that they will be following up soon. 

Device management by our listeners is currently not a feature. I recommend upvoting this feature on our Feature Request board

Tanner | Community Moderator

Re: Someone else listening message

Local Performer

I just started getting the "Someone else listening" message, there is no one else, there are no other devices. This is an error on Pandora's end. If it does not stop, I will find another service.

Thanks for your post, @lamentcfg.

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

++

Someone from our User Support team will reach out shortly to offer further assistance with this issue.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Local Performer

Thanks for the "Cut & Paste" crap answer.

I have done some internet searching and it appears that Pandora is giving this same answer to eveyone and not solving anything.

Attention Pandora ..... Your service is being hacked or is having errors that is causing many customers to get the "Someone else is listening," notice. I'm sure some bot you use will write me back with the same useless advice to change my password and that will just confirm that you could care less about your customers.

@lamentcfg Changing your password will only log out any computers signed into your account.

Removing / managing all devices logged in your account (including tablets, TVs, mobile phones, etc.) is not currently a feature of Pandora. If you'd like to have the ability to remove all devices logged into your account, I would recommend liking this feature request here.

A team member has reached to out to you via email to assist. If you didn't receive the email, please try checking your spam / junk folder.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Local Performer

I have to agree. I can listen on Google Home and my Apple products, but I cannot listen on my PC. I have pop-ups blocked and I never see the message. On the rare cases where I do see the popup and answer let me listen, it still will not play on PC. So, I have to listen on my phone and not my great PC stereo system. I want to cancel, but trying to avoid the hassle.

0 Kudos

Local Performer

I agree with you!  This has started happening to me in the last few weeks.  I originally thought it was my daughter.  It happened today and we were both in the house.  She was not using pandora!  Someone ELSE has hacked the account!  I changed the password but it doesn't require all devices to log back on, so whoever has the account is STILL USING IT!    Pandora!  fix this problem!    Netflix has figured it out.  When you change your password on Netflix it prompts you:  "would you like all devices to be logged off and require them to log back on?" 

@stephanie Our support team can help with this - I have confirmed with them that they will be contacting you via email at the email address your Pandora account is registered under.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

Adam | Community Moderator

Local Performer
I also have Pandora Premium and it keeps telling me someone is listening and it gets pretty irritating when I pay $12 a month and they don’t.. is there anyway to log out of my accounts like on Netflix? Someone please help