cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Someone else is listening" Message

AlyssaPandora

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.01.21 AM.png

"Someone Else is Listening" Message:

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unauthorized User on my account:

If you believe this error message is popping up due to an unauthorized user accessing your account, and would like help with disassociating or removing any devices that are logged into your account, please contact our support team for further assistance.

At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

In the meantime, you can upvote this idea by liking this request if you want to see this as a feature offered on Pandora. 

Hope this information is helpful!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (1)
478 Replies

IngridVega78
Local Performer

Someone is using my Pandora unauthorized. How can I get them to stop

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Samuel I moved your post to this thread to keep the communtiy tidy.

Our support team has confirmed that you already have an open case with them regarding this issue - keep an eye out for their email reply and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

AdamPandora

@IngridVega78 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Our support team has informed me that they were able to help resolve this over email with you.

If you run into any other issues, you can reply back directly to the email thread you have going with them, and they will be happy to further assist. 

Klove13
Local Performer

Hello! I was wondering if there was any way to log out of your Pandora account on all devices? Or is there a way to see where your account is logged in? 

0 Kudos

TwhataMusPrime
Opening Act
What a copy and past bs reply. No other devices are running it. Yet it continues to happen. The article in the link is totally useless. Y’all might as well just told us to unplug it and plug it back in ffs. I’m about done with this Walmart version of Apple Music.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@TwhataMusPrime Nice to see you around the community.

The help page article that is linked contains a section for: "I'm the only listener on my account, and keep getting this message! What do I do?

Since it sounds like that is what you are experiencing, please contact our support team for further assistance.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Klove13 I moved your message to this thread as @AlyssaPandora provided some helpful information around this in her post

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

TwhataMusPrime
Opening Act
Useful my ginger **ahem**! It’s the same copy and paste bs your tech support provides. It is absolutely impossible for someone else to be listening at the same time after the reset and password change. Impossible unless my login information is being obtained from your system. Period. I plan on reporting this to American Express cardholder security.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@TwhataMusPrime I definitely understand your frustration with this.

Our support team has confirmed they do have an open case with you and are happy to continue helping out until this gets resolved.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply! 

Thanks for all your patience. 

TIMEADS1990
Local Performer

I've changed my password about 10 times, I've tried contacted Pandora and it doesn't work. Seems like we are screwed.

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @TIMEADS1990. 👋

Sorry for any trouble this has caused. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing that you've been in touch with our User Support team to help out with this issue.

I've gone ahead and created a support case for you from my end. Someone from our team will contact you via email to assist with this issue.

Thanks so much for your patience! 

TwhataMusPrime
Opening Act

So if support staff sends you an email saying that no concurrent sessions were logged why then does it continue to happen?  I sent a screen shot of the error code but pretty sure that’s gunna be not super helpful. Guess it s time to wait days for another useless response 🙂

MrNiceGuy42021
Local Performer

How do I stop another person from useing my account I have changed my password multiple times but my account is auto logged in on the other device or should I just allow this account to expire an creat a new account 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MrNiceGuy42021 Thanks for posting to community!

Since you've already changed your password, I've reached out to our User Support team to remove all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

It is not possible to remove devices on your end at this time, but I recommend visiting our Feature Request board with this feedback. You can find the current post here, if you'd like to take a look. Don't forget to vote (❤️) on the ideas you want to see.

Hope this helped. Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

daleslad
Opening Act

I just got the same thing this morning.  I turned on my computer desktop Apple MacPro and opened Pandora.  I got both a voice alert and a message alert saying someone else is listening to your Pandora account, let  them listen or let me listen.   I have the Premium account so that my wife can listen and have her own Playlists but she was talking on her phone and had not been listening to anything.

So why am I getting these messages, this is not  the first time this has happened when I am the only one listening.

0 Kudos

daleslad
Opening Act

I just turned on my Apple MacPro desktop computer and clicked on my Pandora tab to listen to some music early this morning.   A woman's voice proclaimed that someone else was listening to  Pandora on my account. A large window popped up with the same message and to let them listen or let me listen.

I immediately checked my phone but it wasn't turned on yet,  I have Premium so my wife has her own account but she didn't have it turned on.

So why am I getting these alerts,  this is not the first time it has happened.   After reading some of the other posts I'm not the only one with this problem.  

However I don't see any fixes coming from Pandora.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@daleslad I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

Check out @AlyssaPandora 's message for more information on why that error message is popping up, as well as how to prevent it from appearing again. 

Thanks for posting to the community! 

TannerPandora

Hi @daleslad If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time. While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time regardless of your subscription level.

The simultaneous streams warning may have been tripped by accident, which can happen from time to time when switching from one device to another. If that's what happened, you can go ahead and disregard that message.

However, if you're concerned that this message might have been triggered by an unauthorized user, we can take some steps to ensure the protection of your account. Please note, this will require signing you out of all of your devices. It's more effective than simply changing your password, but may mean a brief interruption in your service.

If you'd like to take this step, I can reach out to our User Support team and ask them to remove all the devices associated with your Pandora account. 

Let me know.

++

Device Management Feature Request:

It is not possible to remove devices on your end at this time, but there is a feature request for this currently in our Feature Request board. If you'd like to see this, please feel free to vote for this by clicking here

Thanks again fro being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

daleslad
Opening Act

This is the second time in 3 days that this has happened, just  few minutes ago as I drove into my driveway and  got the " Someone is listening"  message again.  I immediately went into my house and checked my two other devices that I use Pandora on.   Neither one of those devices were playing anything.    This has to be a Pandora issue,   all you have to do is to read how many others are experiencing the same issue as I am that do not have any other devices playing.

Please fix this problem instead of just replying with that worthless link for checking devices or eliminating them all together.

I find this to be a very difficult  Community Support site to find anything.   My original posts just seem to disappear into thin air.  There doesn't seem to be any index of posts by category at least none I can find. It seem that the only way to find something is  by using a search of the whole communities posts and hope you get close.

It would be nice is you could find a post by category and the date it was posted.

I have to Choose a Label in order to send this post but there are only 3 labels to choose from and none of them is relevant to my issue.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @daleslad. 👋

I apologize for the continued trouble you've experienced. I completely understand your frustration.

"Someone Else is Listening" Message 📲:

Looks like @AdamPandora has already responded to your original post. As mentioned in the link provided, if you're receiving this error message and none of your other devices are playing, it's best to contact our User Support team for further assistance for this type of issue. This error message is triggered by multiple streams playing on your account simultaneously.

Unfortunately, we do not offer assistance for this issue over the Pandora Community as it relates to your personal account information. Sorry for any confusion that may have caused.

++

Community Posts 🖥:

Thanks so much for your feedback about this. In order to keep the community space organized, we move and merge similar messages and respond to each listener. Your post was moved to this thread as it's similar to what other listeners are having trouble with. 

You can find posts by category, threads, and in specific sections with the dates included. The posts you've created can also be found on your community profile for easy access. We're always looking for ways to improve our service and value your feedback. If you'd like to see more specific updates to the Pandora Community, we field all feature requests here

++

Assistance with your inquiry :

Someone from our User Support team will be in touch via email regarding your issue. Please keep an eye out for their message. If you don't see it soon, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there.

Thanks for your patience during this process! 🎧

View solution in original post

only1roy
Local Performer

I am getting tired of every time I go to listen to Pandora it keeps telling me someone else is listening to my account that I want to keep listening to it I click yes it'll play a song or two then I get the same message all over again why