cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Someone else is listening" Message

AlyssaPandora

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.01.21 AM.png

"Someone Else is Listening" Message:

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unauthorized User on my account:

If you believe this error message is popping up due to an unauthorized user accessing your account, and would like help with disassociating or removing any devices that are logged into your account, please contact our support team for further assistance.

At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

In the meantime, you can upvote this idea by liking this request if you want to see this as a feature offered on Pandora. 

Hope this information is helpful!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (1)
478 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @only1roy. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space tidy.

Please check out my post about this error message here.

A team member from User Support will reach out to you via email to offer further assistance with your account.

Appreciate your patience! 🎼

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

jsmithret
Local Performer

I'm not Adam, but have same problem.  We have 2 acounts to that we can use Pandora on separate computers at the same time, but we continue to get the pop up message asking which one should be allowed to use Pandora - ie. on one computer can use Pandora a any point in time. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@jsmithret I moved your post to this thread, as @AlyssaPandora provided some information on why the "Someone else is listening" message is popping up on your account.

It sounds like you are probably signed into the same Pandora account on both of your computers.

I recommend signing out of Pandora on both of those devices, and then signing back in using the two different email addresses your accounts are registered under.

Hope this helps! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

le3bl
Local Performer

Adam, how is this an acceptable resolution? Not only does it not solve the problem in the long run it is just lazy on your part. Do you expect us to constantly log out of Pandora after every listening session and then login with a different email each time?

This is happening to me too. I've tried everything suggested in this article. It happens after every song that plays. I'm ready to cancel 😞

AdamPandora

@le3bl That was my solution for the particular scenario I replied to with that user.

Since they were receiving that message when attempting to stream Pandora on two of their computers at the same time, then that means they were logged into the same account.

Only one device can be streamed at a time with an upgraded account, so my solution was to have them ensure they were logged into one upgraded account on one computer, while logged into their second upgraded account on the other computer since they mentioned they had two different accounts.

With this being said, our support team did mention that you currently have an open case with them regarding this issue - please keep an eye out for their email reply and they will be happy to look into this further for you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Additional comments in case anyone else reading this post is confused on how to proceed with removing the error message:

If you have already reviewed the suggestions @AlyssaPandora provided in her post to resolve this, then I recommend focusing on this section of her message:

If you need assistance with removing devices from your account, or would like more info about this error message, please check out this helpful article.

In this linked article, you should see a section for:

I'm the only listener on my account, and keep getting this message! What do I do?

In that section, you can find a link to contact our support teamContacting our support team is currently the only way to remove unauthorized users from your account since listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts.

If you'd like to see this option available to you, you can upvote this idea by liking this request.

Hope this helps! 

gl72
Local Performer

I am home. Working on my garden with my earbuds playing pandora. In my house, my son is playing his hearing pandora music. I was able to do this when I had a free account. Now with Pandora Plus I get an error that "someone else is listening to Pandora", what gives? I feel like I should simply cancel the account if this feature is not allowed at the $4.99 plan. Please advise. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@gl72 I moved your post to this thread as @AlyssaPandora provided some helpful information on why that error message is popping up when you and your son attempt to stream Pandora at the same time. 

You might consider checking out the Family Plan, which would allow you to create a separate account for your son, and add him to the subscription so that the two of you can enjoy Pandora on your separate devices simultaneously.

Hope this helps!

DoJo77
Local Performer

Other listeners I am not aware of are on my account how do I see who and how to stop

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting to community @DoJo77! I've moved your message to an exiting thread: "Someone Else is Listening Message

I would check out @AlyssaPandora post for more info on this, you can click here to view the post.

In the meantime, I've asked our User Support team to remove all the devices on your account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

If you're still having trouble, I'd recommend changing your password as well. If you need help with this, feel free to let me know and I can send over some steps for your device. 

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

RODDA-t
Local Performer

My previous employer is still using my account. I want to log-out of all devices so I can log back in with my new password. It's annoying me!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @RODDA-t - I've moved your message to an existing thread - "Someone Else is Listening" Message - to keep things organized.

As @AlyssaPandora mentions in her post herelisteners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts. However, I've sent this request to our User Support team, they should be taking care of this for you shortly. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

In the meantime, I'd recommend to upvote this idea by liking this request if you want to see this as a feature offered on Pandora. 

Thanks again for posting on community! 🎧

Katieguy
Local Performer

What do I do if Pandora keeps saying someone else is listening to my account?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Katieguy I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

Check out the information @AlyssaPandora provided on why that error message is popping up.

Hope this helps! 

Spacecowboy123d
Local Performer

p getting someone else is listening. not sure what device i might have left loggged in or if somebody elese has a device logged in. how do i kick alldevices off ?   I cant believe they make this so hard.   there should be a list of devices someplace and you can confirm or kick off etc. 

pisss poor customer service and app design  

I have spent an hour looking for an answer on here. lots of people have this issue and no solid response or solution

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Spacecowboy123d I moved your post to this thread as @AlyssaPandora provided some information around why that error message might be popping up, along with what actions you would need to take if you believe an unauthorized user is accessing your account.

If you are having trouble contacting our support team through the link she provided, let me know and I will be happy to help escalate you over to them for further assistance. 

Daykd90
Local Performer

Could you do this for me too?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Daykd90 Check out this post for more information on why this error message may be popping up for you.

You will also find instructions on what steps to take to prevent that message from popping up on your account again.

Hope this helps!

Dakini3
Local Performer

I’m quite sure there is unauthorized user on my account as they have also been removed charging PayPal through Apple for things I never ordered. My phone is the ONLY device with Pandora App on it. Please help.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Sorry to hear that @Dakini3!

I've asked our User Support team to remove all of the device associations from your account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

I suggest that you sign into Pandora and change your password to something entirely new.

Visit our website by using this link. Then, click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page and select Settings. From there, you can change all your registration information including your password. Make sure to save your changes when you're done. 

Hope this helps. Thanks for being part of community!

Dakini3
Local Performer

Can you help me?