cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else is listening

Opening Act

I just turned on my Apple MacPro desktop computer and clicked on my Pandora tab to listen to some music early this morning.   A woman's voice proclaimed that someone else was listening to  Pandora on my account. A large window popped up with the same message and to let them listen or let me listen.

I immediately checked my phone but it wasn't turned on yet,  I have Premium so my wife has her own account but she didn't have it turned on.

So why am I getting these alerts,  this is not the first time it has happened.   After reading some of the other posts I'm not the only one with this problem.  

However I don't see any fixes coming from Pandora.

0 Kudos

Re: Someone else is listening

@daleslad I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

Check out @AlyssaPandora 's message for more information on why that error message is popping up, as well as how to prevent it from appearing again. 

Thanks for posting to the community! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

Someone else is listening

Opening Act

This is the second time in 3 days that this has happened, just  few minutes ago as I drove into my driveway and  got the " Someone is listening"  message again.  I immediately went into my house and checked my two other devices that I use Pandora on.   Neither one of those devices were playing anything.    This has to be a Pandora issue,   all you have to do is to read how many others are experiencing the same issue as I am that do not have any other devices playing.

Please fix this problem instead of just replying with that worthless link for checking devices or eliminating them all together.

I find this to be a very difficult  Community Support site to find anything.   My original posts just seem to disappear into thin air.  There doesn't seem to be any index of posts by category at least none I can find. It seem that the only way to find something is  by using a search of the whole communities posts and hope you get close.

It would be nice is you could find a post by category and the date it was posted.

I have to Choose a Label in order to send this post but there are only 3 labels to choose from and none of them is relevant to my issue.

0 Kudos

Re: Someone else is listening

Hi, @daleslad. 👋

I apologize for the continued trouble you've experienced. I completely understand your frustration.

"Someone Else is Listening" Message 📲:

Looks like @AdamPandora has already responded to your original post. As mentioned in the link provided, if you're receiving this error message and none of your other devices are playing, it's best to contact our User Support team for further assistance for this type of issue. This error message is triggered by multiple streams playing on your account simultaneously.

Unfortunately, we do not offer assistance for this issue over the Pandora Community as it relates to your personal account information. Sorry for any confusion that may have caused.

++

Community Posts 🖥:

Thanks so much for your feedback about this. In order to keep the community space organized, we move and merge similar messages and respond to each listener. Your post was moved to this thread as it's similar to what other listeners are having trouble with. 

You can find posts by category, threads, and in specific sections with the dates included. The posts you've created can also be found on your community profile for easy access. We're always looking for ways to improve our service and value your feedback. If you'd like to see more specific updates to the Pandora Community, we field all feature requests here

++

Assistance with your inquiry :

Someone from our User Support team will be in touch via email regarding your issue. Please keep an eye out for their message. If you don't see it soon, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there.

Thanks for your patience during this process! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

Re: Troubleshooting Experience

Local Performer

I am getting tired of every time I go to listen to Pandora it keeps telling me someone else is listening to my account that I want to keep listening to it I click yes it'll play a song or two then I get the same message all over again why

Re: Troubleshooting Experience

Hey, @only1roy. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space tidy.

Please check out my post about this error message here.

A team member from User Support will reach out to you via email to offer further assistance with your account.

Appreciate your patience! 🎼

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Re: Two Pandora accounts sharing subscription through Apple

Local Performer

I'm not Adam, but have same problem.  We have 2 acounts to that we can use Pandora on separate computers at the same time, but we continue to get the pop up message asking which one should be allowed to use Pandora - ie. on one computer can use Pandora a any point in time. 

0 Kudos

@jsmithret I moved your post to this thread, as @AlyssaPandora provided some information on why the "Someone else is listening" message is popping up on your account.

It sounds like you are probably signed into the same Pandora account on both of your computers.

I recommend signing out of Pandora on both of those devices, and then signing back in using the two different email addresses your accounts are registered under.

Hope this helps! 

Local Performer

Adam, how is this an acceptable resolution? Not only does it not solve the problem in the long run it is just lazy on your part. Do you expect us to constantly log out of Pandora after every listening session and then login with a different email each time?

This is happening to me too. I've tried everything suggested in this article. It happens after every song that plays. I'm ready to cancel 😞

@le3bl That was my solution for the particular scenario I replied to with that user.

Since they were receiving that message when attempting to stream Pandora on two of their computers at the same time, then that means they were logged into the same account.

Only one device can be streamed at a time with an upgraded account, so my solution was to have them ensure they were logged into one upgraded account on one computer, while logged into their second upgraded account on the other computer since they mentioned they had two different accounts.

With this being said, our support team did mention that you currently have an open case with them regarding this issue - please keep an eye out for their email reply and they will be happy to look into this further for you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Additional comments in case anyone else reading this post is confused on how to proceed with removing the error message:

If you have already reviewed the suggestions @AlyssaPandora provided in her post to resolve this, then I recommend focusing on this section of her message:

If you need assistance with removing devices from your account, or would like more info about this error message, please check out this helpful article.

In this linked article, you should see a section for:

I'm the only listener on my account, and keep getting this message! What do I do?

In that section, you can find a link to contact our support teamContacting our support team is currently the only way to remove unauthorized users from your account since listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts.

If you'd like to see this option available to you, you can upvote this idea by liking this request.

Hope this helps! 

How many devices can I play Pandora Plus? (Same Wifi)

Local Performer

I am home. Working on my garden with my earbuds playing pandora. In my house, my son is playing his hearing pandora music. I was able to do this when I had a free account. Now with Pandora Plus I get an error that "someone else is listening to Pandora", what gives? I feel like I should simply cancel the account if this feature is not allowed at the $4.99 plan. Please advise. 

0 Kudos

Re: How many devices can I play Pandora Plus? (Same Wifi)

@gl72 I moved your post to this thread as @AlyssaPandora provided some helpful information on why that error message is popping up when you and your son attempt to stream Pandora at the same time. 

You might consider checking out the Family Plan, which would allow you to create a separate account for your son, and add him to the subscription so that the two of you can enjoy Pandora on your separate devices simultaneously.

Hope this helps!