cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Someone else is listening" Message

AlyssaPandora

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.01.21 AM.png

"Someone Else is Listening" Message:

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unauthorized User on my account:

If you believe this error message is popping up due to an unauthorized user accessing your account, and would like help with disassociating or removing any devices that are logged into your account, please contact our support team for further assistance.

At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

In the meantime, you can upvote this idea by liking this request if you want to see this as a feature offered on Pandora. 

Hope this information is helpful!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (1)
478 Replies

RebelRose1
Local Performer

Ive had my iphone for about a month now after being hacked on my android systems. I finally felt safe enough to download pandora back on my phone. Ive never ever had an issue with pandora for as long as tje have been streaming.. to hell with Apple!! Anyways on my trip north this evening my phone was streaming as an ipad not an iphone. I dont think anything of it until my friend tells me shes recieveing emails and texts of what im texting. I back outta the app and go back in. Back to normal. On my way home i get a msg in the app that someone is listening to my music??? Wth!!! That my Soul!!! No one else’s , so eats up with that? Im concerned. This is my music. Can ya tell me wats up? Ive had this acct forever🌹

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@RebelRose1 I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

Since it sounds like this error message is popping up due to an unauthorized user accessing your account, I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help resolve this.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

mmoser83
Local Performer

I have not received an email 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@mmoser83 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

It doesn't look like you've contacted our support team for assistance yet. To clarify, if you are ever looking to receive email support, you will need to submit a message through our help page

That being said, I have escalated this over to our support team on your behalf, and they mentioned they will be contacting you via email to further assist.

Thanks for your patience! 🤝

wileykm
Local Performer

it ridiculous i can't already do this, especially when people are hacking accounts.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@wileykm If you believe this error message is popping up due to an unauthorized user accessing your account, and would like help with disassociating or removing any devices that are logged into your account, please contact our support team for further assistance.

If you run into any trouble with this, please let me know and I can help escalate you over to them as well.

vioia61855
Local Performer

I have been a "victim" of this issue but I realized what is happening, at least in my case.  Maybe this reply will not fall on deaf ears and something can be done about it on Pandora's side. Please read this...

I am the only account owner in my home using Pandora but I have been receiving this message about someone else being logged in and only one can listen...  Turns out that I have a SONOS system with over 5 pairs of stereo speakers running.  I was playing different Pandora stations on at least 3 of the speaker sets. When I switched these to playing music from another source, the issue with Pandora telling me someone else was logged on went away.  Then it dawned on me what's happened...  Could it be that the Pandora system is not seeing "me" as the logged on user on my SONOS system and instead is seeing some other credential and it mistakes it and so I get that message?  This is extremely annoying my Pandora friends.  I pay for premium service. Would like to be treated as such.  What do you think?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@vioia61855 Thank you for sharing your experience.

I do see you currently have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please make sure to reply back directly to their email if you have any additional questions about this.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

darrenfrick
Local Performer

I am the only one on my account and none of my other devices are streaming and I’m getting these messages every 15 minutes

0 Kudos

Jenn27
Local Performer

Why wasn't this implemented when concurrent listening was started? We need to be able to see what devices are connected. I continue to get the message "Someone else is listening" when I've not shared my account with anyone.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @darrenfrick @Jenn27. 👋

I understand your frustration. To keep the community space tidy, I moved your post over to this existing thread as it sounds like you're experiencing this issue: "Someone else is listening" Message 

For now, I would recommend upvoting this feature request by clicking on the ❤️ icon next to the title.

++

Someone from our User Support team will be in touch via email to assist with your account. 

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Nighty
Local Performer

I believe my pandora got hacked, im not sure if theres a complete purge of the devices set on the account. If all devices could be removed off the account that would be great.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Nighty. 👋

Your post was moved over to this existing thread to keep the community organized: "Someone else is listening" Message

All devices have been removed from your account by our User Support team. If you'd like to reset your password to ensure that your account is completely secure,  click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the correct Pandora account. 

If you run into any additional issues, please let us know. 🎧

marribell34
Local Performer

Mine did as well except all the quick links they provide are broken and I get a sad face when I try to click them.  So here I am with a Pandora account I cannot use and NOBODY to speak with because Pandora is so special they only communicate via internet that doesn't work!! Can I just close my account using my email without having to go to each device?!  How do I fix this issue?!!

I've tried emailing but all the links Pandora provides are broken and I get a sad face.  I just need someone from PANDORA

0 Kudos

marribell34
Local Performer

THIS LINK DOESN'T WORK!!!! 

contact our support team 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@marribell34 I checked on my end and the link to contact our support team still functions properly.

It should direct you to this page:

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 9.37.25 AM.png

Can you please confirm what device you are using when that link doesn't bring you to the contact form?

Can you also send over a screenshot of what you are seeing as well?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

AdamPandora

@marribell34 I will have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help with this.

Thanks for your patience! 

zitsky
Underground

I've been getting this error since I upgraded to latest Pandora on Android.  Worked with tech support to clear devices and change passwords.  Still happens.  Only two devices and not used at same time. Only get error on one device not the other.

Emailed tech support again trying to submit a bug report.  He just wants me to reset password and devices.  Sigh.

I really hate Pandora right now.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@zitsky I do see you have already been in contact with your support team regarding this issue.

I am going to have them reach out to you once more since it sounds like you are still running into trouble.

Please keep an eye out for their email.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 🤝

zitsky
Underground

Thanks.  I need someone who isn't just reading from a script.