cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going International

aeoliah
Underground

Hi there every one at Pandora:

Have you ever considered going international? I can't express my gratitude enough for Pandora and how much it has helped my career. Spotify does not pay artists well at all and it would be so much nicer if Pandora could go World Wide....I know that it would be a great success and would help so many artists get more exposure in other countries. I hope you will give this some serious consideration.

thank you,

Aeoliah

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ChrisPandora

Hey @aeoliah , we appreciate the suggestion.

Currently, we can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States.

Audio content streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are still working on acquiring the proper licenses so we can offer Pandora in even more places around the world.

That being said, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion as I'm sure other AMP users would be interested in this as well. 

The Ideas section allows Community members to make suggestions for what they would like to see on Pandora and AMP and for other Community members to weigh in.

I hope that helps!

Chris | Friendly Neighborhood AMP Support

View solution in original post

5 Replies

ChrisPandora

Hey @aeoliah , we appreciate the suggestion.

Currently, we can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States.

Audio content streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are still working on acquiring the proper licenses so we can offer Pandora in even more places around the world.

That being said, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion as I'm sure other AMP users would be interested in this as well. 

The Ideas section allows Community members to make suggestions for what they would like to see on Pandora and AMP and for other Community members to weigh in.

I hope that helps!

Chris | Friendly Neighborhood AMP Support

markrushton
Local Performer
Spotify does not pay artists well at all

Spotify doesn't pay the artists.  Spotify pays distributors and record companies. 

If an artist signed a bad contract with a label, or has unrecouped advances, or they have to split the money with other people in the band, they're not going to get paid much by their label.  That's not Spotify's fault.

Every streaming service is different.  Pandora has numerous payment tiers based on things like radio play, ad-supported, or premium on-demand.  Spotify has ad, premium, and family tiers.  Spotify is in scores of countries, and that affects the pool of money, too, along with exchange rates.

If recording artists don't know about the differences and details of how the industry operates in the US and around the world, and they don't look at a royalty statement every month, then they're going to believe the clickbait "music news" sites with their screaming headlines designed to rile people up.

0 Kudos

spydamusicprods
Local Performer

Pandora Worldwide ?

Does anyone know if or when Pandora will be available in UK & Europe?

Thanks, Clive

Spyda Music Productions (in UK)

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@spydamusicprods I moved your post over to this existing thread: Going International

You can find more information about this in the accepted solution.

Also if you haven't already done so, make sure to check out our Pandora for Creators Community.

A good place to start would be this thread: Welcome! Come Introduce Yourself

Hope we continue to see you around!

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

Yeah like that won't take 20 years, LOL. What they need is a solution that actually will be useful in a reasonable time frame. Cuz the whole world deserves good music