cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/26/2019: Music stops without any error messages on Samsung Galaxy

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update: 11/26/19: Hi everyone!

We're aware of an issue affecting Android listeners (specifically those with Samsung Galaxy devices) where the music stops without any error messages, or the music stops when your phone's lock screen is on. We believe that this issue may be related to your "Sleeping Apps" setting, which is causing the app to stop / pause when it is backgrounded.

Please try out the following steps:

• You can access this setting in the Device Care menu.
  • Click on Battery, and then, click on More options.
  • Click on Settings > Sleeping Apps
  • From your Sleeping Apps, you should be able to long press Pandora.  Once you're able to view the App Usage for Pandora, you'll want to make sure that the put app to sleep button is toggled to the OFF setting.

++

Here's a screenshot of what this looks like:

screenshot_20191112-192244_device_care.jpg

Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks for your patience during this process!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (3)
72 Replies

Lolah
Local Performer

It just stops randomly. No warning, no message. After it stops I'll press play then it skips to the next song without finishing the song it stopped on. Then it stops on the next song also. I have a galaxy s9. 

0 Kudos

Darrell
Local Performer

I've posted on the constant turning off of my music and yet it's still not fixed and I'm a premium customers 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Lolah I merged your post with this thread as @AlyssaPandora provided some tips on how to resolve this in her message.

Let us know if you continue to experience issues after running thorugh those steps. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Darrell Sorry for the continued trouble.

I moved your post over to this thread as it sounds like this setting may need to be adjusted on your device.

Please try out the steps from my original post here to see if it helps.

Feel free to let us know if you still run into any issues. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

mdjenks1954
Local Performer

it stops on all platforms. the computer is the one i hate. song starts then stops somewhere in the song. evertime!

Goldie
Local Performer

The whole song doesn't play, it cut's off

0 Kudos

Goldie
Local Performer

My songs are stopping 

0 Kudos

dsrtsng
Local Performer

This solution solved the issue I was having with my Galaxy S9+. Thank you. 

AlyssaPandora

@dsrtsng Thanks for letting us know!

Enjoy the tunes 🎤🎶

0 Kudos

Kj6ko
Local Performer

Thanks!  My menu system was different, but I found it as there seems to be a LOT of issues with Samsung S9's shutting down background apps and I shut off all data restrictions and power saving for Pandora and background apps and it seems to have worked!  Both on Wifi and mobile network!  Thanks!

kshepp
Local Performer

Cant seem to find a solution to the same problem as listed above. I have had flawless performance out of my premium family plan for a long time until the last few months. It cuts out for no reason, often. Not sure how to explain it, same S9+ for the last 2 years, No changes, happens regardless of my home high speed wifi, Verizon 4g full bars or other reliable sources. No errors just ends.have to go back and restart. Very frustrating. Love pandora but could use help.

Thank you

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @kshepp. 👋

We believe this issue was related to your Sleeping Apps on your Samsung device. 

Just to confirm, you've tried managing this setting as indicated in my post here?

Let me know if the issue persists. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi folks! 

If you're still experiencing this issue after updating to any Pandora app version after 2001.1, please let us know by commenting on this thread:

++

To check the Pandora version on your Android device:

• If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

++

To update to the newest app version:

• Open the Google Play Store app.
  • Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  • Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  • Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.
  • Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Thanks so much for your help with this! 🎧

0 Kudos