Pandora Update: 11/26/19: Hi everyone!
We're aware of an issue affecting Android listeners (specifically those with Samsung Galaxy devices) where the music stops without any error messages, or the music stops when your phone's lock screen is on. We believe that this issue may be related to your "Sleeping Apps" setting, which is causing the app to stop / pause when it is backgrounded.
Please try out the following steps:
Here's a screenshot of what this looks like:
Hope this information is helpful.
Thanks for your patience during this process!
@Darrell Sorry for the continued trouble.
I moved your post over to this thread as it sounds like this setting may need to be adjusted on your device.
Please try out the steps from my original post here to see if it helps.
Feel free to let us know if you still run into any issues.
@low3910 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?
Let me know.
So on my S9 galaxy pandora keeps cutting out. I tried the steps for troubleshooting for Android. However the steps doesn't explain how to make sure the app is installed to local memory vs SD card. So I cant check for this or fix it without help please.
Hi there, @Rpettis07.
Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?
Let me know.
Hi @sandracato08 sorry for the continued trouble with this. Can you let me know the Pandora version you're currently using? (If you need help with this, let me know)
Were you able to successful clear the app data?
Hi @Natalie I moved your post to this thread because it sounds like you might be having a similar issue.
Let's start with some standard troubleshooting for your Android. You can find helpful steps here.
Let me know how it goes. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧
@Natalie, @sandracato08, @Rpettis07, we've been seeing a lot of complaints about playback stoppage and it's been a very high priority for us to get fixed. The difficult part for us is that we haven't been able to repeat the problem in the office. I'm hoping you can help us out. The more info, the better. Here are some initial questions I have.
1) Are you seeing the playback stop on stations, albums or playlists? All of the above? Is it something specific that's not playing correctly or does it happen on anything you play?
2) Are any of you downloading this content you're having playback problems on or have you downloaded the content on pandora at any point?
3) Do you see the problem on a specific network like when you're at home, work, driving?
4) Can you give specific times that the playback stoppage is happening to you so I can try to track down the issue in our analytics? the content you were listening to would also be a huge help.
Thanks for taking the time to bring your issues to us. We want to fix them for you.
This is happening to me as well. I'm about to delete Pandora. I even tried closing the app, deactivating, signing up with a different email, doing an upgrade and it all still does the same. I use pandora on my Samsung galaxy 9+. I have never had this issue until recently. And I am signed into wifi.
@Lightbringer646 I moved your post over to this thread as it sounds similar to what other listeners are experiencing here.
Thanks for your help with this!
I never even got a response after three separate complaints of the problem. There were no hints as to what might be the problem. I finally removed the entire application frim my S8+ and after several reboots to make sure nothing was left, I reinstalled the APP, expecting I'd have the latest revisions and updates available. Now, though the app appears to be running better I am unable to add channels like I could before and even though I've paid the continually increasing rate of subscription, I'm forced to endure commercials and advertisements in order to get to music I want to hear. Only when I stated I would CANCEL my subscription and tell everyone I know to stay away from the paid service did I get a cx response and the suggestion they would look at the problem.
I am having the same issue. After roughly 2 minutes, the music stops.
The app still shows that the song is going (notice the pause button in the screenshot).
I am not doing anything at the moment, it just stops. When I switch back to the app, a new song will start. I turn my screen off, and the. 2 minutes later, the same thing happens.
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10+.
There is no error message.
@BriGuy832 I moved your post to this thread as it sounds like you are experiencing a similiar issue.
Thanks for all your help with this!
Similar issue here.
Answers that apply to your previous questions below. First, my particular situation:
I am using the Android App, version 1910.3, on a Samsung Galaxy S10+. All software versions up to date.
When I play anything from the Pandora app, and start using another app, or turn my screen off, 1 minute to 90 seconds later (I timed it three times), the audio stops. If I swipe down and see the notifications from my phone, the app still shows the audio is playing, as shown by the "II" sign. If I click on that, to see what is going on, the app restarts and a new song starts playing. Then the same thing will happen, over and over.
1) Are you seeing the playback stop on stations, albums or playlists? *All of the above. Is it something specific that's not playing correctly or does it happen on anything you play? *on everything I play (stations and podcasts)
2) Are any of you downloading this content you're having playback problems on or have you downloaded the content on pandora at any point? *I do not have anything downloaded that I can find through the app, so I am experiencing this on streaming content
3) Do you see the problem on a specific network like when you're at home, work, driving? *I only use this on my home wifi network. I have tried different wifi networks, and the issue is present on all.
4) Can you give specific times that the playback stoppage is happening to you so I can try to track down the issue in our analytics? *So far today, it has happened four times. Three times were songs, and once was a Podcast. Times range from 11am-12:40pm, EST. the content you were listening to would also be a huge help. * You can look at my history from today, each song there had it happen.