cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: All Releases Won't Show on Search

AdrianPadilla
Local Performer

When I select to see all releases from an artist it never seems to load up. Why is this happening?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @devastone. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience. If you haven't already, I would recommend trying out the troubleshooting steps to see if it helps: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, could you share a bit more? 

• Which artist(s) does this happen with that you've noticed?
  • Do you listen on any other devices, such as your computer?
  • Or, does this only happen on your LG Pixel?
  • Do any error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say?

++

Also, please provide the following details about your device:

• Model: LG Pixel
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.):
  • Does this happen on WiFi or Cellular Data? Or, both?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AdrianPadilla Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

To clarify, when you select to see all releases, does it just bring you to a blank page? If so, can you please give me an example of an artist this happens with?

Also, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Erikclar
Local Performer

It does it on both my work phone, a Samsung Galaxy 9, and my personal, Moto5G. I select "Show all releases " and spinning circle comes up and never goes away.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Erikclar I moved your post over to the Android space.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Also does this happen with every artist, or only certain ones?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Stevebowen64
Local Performer

This has been happening for weeks. It happens on my Samsung S10 phone app and my Samsung Tab S6 tablet. This morning I clicked "all releases" for ZZ Top. All I get is a blank screen with a spinning circle. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Stevebowen64 Sorry to hear that!

Please try running through the troubleshooting steps listed here.

If you continue to experience issues, please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

star-mist33
Underground

This is happening to me, too. All songs will load, but all releases will not. It just sits with the loading circle. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@star-mist33 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Can you please give me an example of an artist this happens with?

Also, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

star-mist33
Underground

I just ran into this issue with Billie Eilish. I've seen it on others as well but can't remember who. (I just tried with Muse and it worked fine.) I'm using the Android app on a OnePlus 7 Pro, using wifi and Straight Talk (AT&T). No error message, just the spinning "loading" circle indefinitely. How do I send you a screenshot? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @star-mist33.

It may help to run through the following troubleshooting steps on your device: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to run into issues with this, please send over a screenshot of what you are seeing.

To send a screenshot, you can click on the camera icon:

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 11.02.50 AM.png

Thanks for continuing to work with me on this!

0 Kudos

norcalbytes
Local Performer

All releases won't load for collected artists.

Selecting "All Releases" from an artists page infinitely loads.

Screenshot_20210508-123613.png

This seems to happen only with the artists that I've collected or have downloaded songs from. 

The All Releases section loads fine on random artists that I have not collected or played songs from.

I'm using a Pixel 4 XL. I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps for Android and Pixel specifically. I have plenty of free storage space and RAM.

The issue persists through deleting downloaded songs, clearing cache and storage, logging out and reinstalling the app.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@norcalbytes I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

*For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.*

If you continue to experience trouble after running through those steps one more time, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Pixel 4 XL
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

devastone
Local Performer

This has been happening to me for months now.  I have to find a song from a release and backtrack that way.   There is an issue with the app, at least on my android phone (LG Pixel).  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @devastone. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience. If you haven't already, I would recommend trying out the troubleshooting steps to see if it helps: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, could you share a bit more? 

• Which artist(s) does this happen with that you've noticed?
  • Do you listen on any other devices, such as your computer?
  • Or, does this only happen on your LG Pixel?
  • Do any error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say?

++

Also, please provide the following details about your device:

• Model: LG Pixel
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.):

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

devastone
Local Performer

That seemed to fix it for now, but I lost my collections and downloads.  Not a huge deal, but annoying.  I'm already at standard audio, don't really want to lower it more than that.  

FWIW:

Carrier: T-Mobile

Android Version: 7.0

Pandora Version: 2104.1.1

Seems to happen on WiFi and Cellular

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@devastone Thanks for getting back to us with that information. I will share this with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

Mightsrain
Local Performer

When using the mobile android app, going to an artists page and selecting 'See All Releases' to view their album list almost never loads correctly. It just spins like it is loading and never finishes

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Mightsrain. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience, and sorry for the continued trouble.

Which artist(s) have you noticed this issue with?

Also, have you tried clearing the app data? If not, I would recommend trying out these steps: Android Troubleshooting

++

If the issue persists, I can report this over to our engineering team. It's helpful to know:

• Model: 
  • Carrier:

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Madrooster7
Opening Act

I am getting the exact same issue, connected to any network, with ALL artists, and have already tried clearing cache, which did nothing.  Also, get rid of "top songs " and "top releases" time and space wasters! Singles- based format is user hostile BS!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Madrooster7 Can you please send me a screenshot of an example of what you're seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos