cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App Crashes at Launch

Dawnnettles
Local Performer

Since the update my Pandora keeps crashing I pay 10.91 a month to use this app and now it want work. I will be canceling my Pandora. Why do an update when it causes so many problems and makes it where we can't use the app

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 03/23/21:

Hey everyone! 👋🏽

Android users may have experienced crashes due to an issue with WebView that caused some apps on Android to crash. Updating Android System WebView and Google Chrome via Google Play should now resolve the issue.

For additional assistance with those updates, please contact Google Play support directly.

You can hit the "contact us" button at the bottom, right under "Need more help?"

++

If you continue to run into issues with the app crashing upon launch after running through our suggested troubleshooting steps please reply to this thread with some additional info about your device so that we can let our engineering team know:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

38 Replies

Mitrelhad
Local Performer

Updated app, uninstalled, reinstalled and always crashes upon launch, I've updated  everything and restarted Galaxy Tab III several times.

0 Kudos

redz28
Local Performer

Was getting "Your Pandora Session Timed out" error on Android phone- while walking outside without internet and when inside connected to internet. Uninstalled Pandora app, restarted phone, then downloaded again from Google Play then restarted phone, twice. Both times, when clicking Pandora icon on phone app it opens w/white screen and Pandora icon in the middle, and after a few seconds app closes. Nothing else running on phone. Not getting a login screen.

Can play/stream music on the PC. I have a premium acc't.

I did update my Pandora acc't password on the PC AFTER I started getting "Your Pandora Session Timed out" error messages on my Android phone.

Phone is from T-Mobile, REVVL 4+, model 5062W, Android v10

Thank you,

David Nix

mod edit: removed personal info

0 Kudos

catmi75
Local Performer

Like everyone else, initially was "timed out". I installed, and reinstalled the app, like twice, every day.

Keeps crashing. And I AM PAYING for this. 

And now, it doesn't even start, anymore!

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

musicAmust
Local Performer

Just FYI - I was experiencing the same issues with recent update on Samsung Android 8. However, on Moto A10, no problems. Working on WiFi and data. 

0 Kudos

roxysunshades
Local Performer

Now my app won't open at all and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It acts like it is going to open for about a second or two and then just closes without and error message anything

Ducky
Local Performer

After downloading the update now it just keeps crashing everytime I try to launch the app

0 Kudos

cw12345
Local Performer

"Session timed out" then crashes

I just performed the recommended update to fix this issue with no change. I'm using an LG V40, for reference. 

0 Kudos

Cmatherne
Local Performer

As of today I can't open Pandora or Amazon apps on my Galaxy S10+. My phone did a software update now the app will not open.

0 Kudos

Dlowe1969
Local Performer

Signed up for premium now pandora won't open unless I uninstall and reinstall then plays once then won't open just keeps saying pandora keeps stopping. No apps installed our phone used any different than when I had the free version that always worked. One plus 7t 

0 Kudos

Kmdrury2
Local Performer

I have a galaxy A50 with the lastest update, and it works fine. However my mother, who shares a family plan with me, on her new galaxy S21 and latest update cant even open the app. It crashes immediately and gives a glimpse of the the crash pop-up. I have turned off all timers and battery/data savers. Is it my mothers phone or is it the app.

0 Kudos

Zippy573
Local Performer

App just crashes since 415p today. I can uninstall and reinstall..works for that session.. i put it off my screen.. crashing returns

I cant keep reinstalling to listen. I may hafta cancel sub. I cant even use a browser to listen 

No error message.. just shuts off

0 Kudos

jdiamond16
Local Performer

Since the last update pandora automatically closes and I can't use it. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Please log me off all devices

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Dawnnettles I moved your post over to the Android space since this issue sounds specific to that device.

I definitely understand your frustration. If you're up for it, please try running through our suggested troubleshooting steps to see if we can find a possible solution: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If this does not resolve the issue, then I'd like to report your feedback to our engineering team.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

If any error messages are popping up before the app is crashing, can you please send that over as well?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Jecmrodriguez
Local Performer

Pandora first displayed timed out message,  about 6 days ago.  Waited for fix to come along. Nope can't even open app now. Continues to fail/stop. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue. I have had pandora for years, build up nearly 1000 sing tumb list, my heart is hurting and anxious that pandora is not working.😟😢😤😵

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@redz28 @catmi75 @roxysunshades @Ducky @Zippy573 @cw12345 @Cmatherne @Dlowe1969 I moved your posts over to this thread since you are all experiencing a similar issue: App crashes at launch

If you haven't already done so, please try running through the suggested troubleshooting steps linked in my message above. 

If the crashing continues, please reply back with some additional information so that we can escalate your feedback to our engineering team:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

If any error messages are popping up before the app is crashing, can you please send that over as well?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

AdamPandora

@Jecmrodriguez I moved your posts over to this existing thread: App crashes at launch

If you haven't already done so, I recommend running through the our suggested troubleshooting steps, and if you continue to experience issues, please reply back with the information requested in my message above

Thanks for the help with this! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 03/23/21:

Hey everyone! 👋🏽

Android users may have experienced crashes due to an issue with WebView that caused some apps on Android to crash. Updating Android System WebView and Google Chrome via Google Play should now resolve the issue.

For additional assistance with those updates, please contact Google Play support directly.

You can hit the "contact us" button at the bottom, right under "Need more help?"

++

If you continue to run into issues with the app crashing upon launch after running through our suggested troubleshooting steps please reply to this thread with some additional info about your device so that we can let our engineering team know:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

View solution in original post

Bemour
Local Performer

I have a Pixel 3 and had this issue but after following the steps my pandora started working again.  The issue is I have to do it once a day.  Seems like a waste to pay for premium to a service I have to maually reset once a day.  Anyone have this issue?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @musicAmust. 👋

Are you experiencing the "Session Timed Out" error message or crashing (or both)?

We're actively tracking these reports and sharing with our engineering team.

Could you also share more details about your device(s)?

• Model:  
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos