cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Artist biography missing

lostsailor73
Underground

I no longer see the artist biographies after upgrading to new Samsung phone. They used to be on the artist main page. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lostsailor73 Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're currently seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

lostsailor73
Underground

Thanks, Adam! it doesn't have a option to attach screenshot but url so I attached a link to an artist page for an example. 

Screenshot_20230708_151143_Pandora.jpg

 Here you go. It didn't have me logged in for some reason. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lostsailor73 If you continue to scroll down on that screen, do you see an "About" section listed under Top Releases?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

lostsailor73
Underground

Yes, it's there. I guess they had moved it but when I had checked earlier I didn't see it. Thanks so much for your help. It looks like I'm good to go now. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lostsailor73 Always happy to help!

Enjoy the music. 😎

0 Kudos

BobbyT1959
Local Performer

That doesn't work for all artists.  The "About" link doesn't show up. Any thoughts on what to do in that case?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @BobbyT1959 

Artist biographies may not be available for all artist but I'm happy to pass this along. Can you let me know the artist(s) that you're not seeing an About section for?

All of the biographical and lyrical info on Pandora comes from partner services. Our partners at TiVo take care of our biographies and album descriptions. Let me know and I'll be sure to pass this on to the appropriate teams.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

stacyeve61
Local Performer

I am looking for biographies also,why is it so vague? That's what I pay for 

0 Kudos

lostsailor73
Underground

It looks like they removed them for some reason. Hopefully they can resolve this because, like you said, we pay for this content. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stacyeve61 @lostsailor73 What are the names of the artists that you're not seeing an About section for?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

lostsailor73
Underground

Any really. I just looked up The Beatles for example, since you know there will be a biography for them. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lostsailor73 I was unable to reproduce this on my end.

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing when you are on the page for The Beatles?

You should see an ABOUT section if you scroll down a little (it would be located under TOP RELEASES.

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

lostsailor73
Underground

Screenshot_20231119_194152_Pandora.jpg

See attached.  Thanks Adam. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lostsailor73 Thanks for sending that over.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps if you haven't done so already: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If that does not resolve the issue, I'd like to report your experience to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

lostsailor73
Underground

Hi Adam,

I appreciate your support. 

I tried the troubleshooting steps, although I didn't clear the memory because I don't want to lose my library. I did clear the cache with no resolution. 

Here is the information you requested:

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S23
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): TP1A.220624.014.S911USQU1AWCB
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): April 1, 2023
  • Pandora version: 2310.1Same issue over wifi and cellular 
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lostsailor73 Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos