cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song

Nathan5000
Local Performer

It just shows its buffering for 10 seconds then skips to the next song? Nothing plays it just skips and skips.  And idea's?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Appreciate you sharing these helpful details, @crowhera16.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to share with our engineering team, and this info will help them diagnose the issue you're experiencing. This may be inconvenient, however, I'd like for you try these steps with the newest version of the app (2004.1). 

Let me know if you still have trouble, and I can report this over to our engineering team along with the info captured from the trace. Thank you again for your help with this! 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

55 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Nathan5000. 👋

Thanks so much for pointing this out.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing buffering issues when you attempt to listen. 

• Are you receiving any other error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Have you tried running through our basic / advanced troubleshooting steps? If not, please try them out here.

Let me know how it goes! 🎧

0 Kudos

Galinda
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem on my phone.  Computer and TV app are fine but my phone will play about 40 seconds of a song and then skip to the next song.  Extremely annoying.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Galinda Can you please take a look at the message @AlyssaPandora posted above and follow up with the requested information?

Additionally, please try running through the troubleshooting steps linked in that same message, and let us know if that resolves the issue.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Galinda
Local Performer

The link for troubleshooting is broken.  There are no error messages on my Pandora app.  It just plays part of a song and then skips to the next song. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Galinda. 👋

Sorry about the broken link and for the trouble you've experienced! I updated my original message to reflect the correct one. 

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening, and in case we need to report this to engineering.

Please try out the steps listed here.

Let me know if you still have trouble accessing the link, and after performing those steps. 🎧

0 Kudos

crowhera16
Local Performer

Hi there,

I tried searching through past threads to find the answer to my problem but I'm not having any luck.

For the past few months, I have not been able to play any songs on the Pandora app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9, Android version 10, Pandora version 2003.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 2003.1RC8))). No matter which station I go to, a song will "buffer" for a few seconds before skipping to the next one--only for the next one to do the same thing. I even tried making a new account to see if my account was the problem, but even on this test account I was encountering the same issue.

I already tried following all of the Android troubleshooting guides on this site with no luck. Any help from the community would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @crowhera16. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space tidy. Looks like you're experiencing something similar to the other listeners in this thread.

You mentioned that you're on Pandora app version 2003.1

Could you try updating the Pandora app to the newest version 2004.1 on your device?

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Let me know if this helps with the buffering issue. 🎶

0 Kudos

crowhera16
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa,

I updated to version 2004.1 and restarted my phone. However, upon testing multiple stations, the problem persists.

Do you have any other potential  solutions we could try?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@crowhera16 Thanks for the follow up.

Mind sharing a few more details?

• Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Any error messages (other than "buffering") that you've noticed?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know, and I can report this issue on your behalf.

0 Kudos

crowhera16
Local Performer

Hi again Alyssa,

To answer your questions:

• I am on Wi Fi when the problem happens. I tested it on cellular data and it works; however I have limited data availability and cannot afford to use the app without a Wi Fi connection
  • No other error messages are given
  • I don't know if I have tested it on another Wi Fi or not; I suppose it could be the particular Wi Fi service I am trying to use that is causing the problem (edit: I just tested my account on a laptop using the same Wi Fi and it worked there, so I don't think it is the Wi Fi)

Let me know what you can find out.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Appreciate you sharing these helpful details, @crowhera16.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to share with our engineering team, and this info will help them diagnose the issue you're experiencing. This may be inconvenient, however, I'd like for you try these steps with the newest version of the app (2004.1). 

Let me know if you still have trouble, and I can report this over to our engineering team along with the info captured from the trace. Thank you again for your help with this! 

View solution in original post

crowhera16
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa,

I repeated the troubleshooting steps with the most up to date version and I am still having the same issue. If you could forward it to the engineering team for review, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Alphasprincess
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem on my Android phone. There is no video capture of the screen on my phone I tried.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Alphasprincess thanks for posting to community! 

I moved your message to an existing thread in our Android board that sounds very similar to the problem you're having: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song.

I've asked our Support team to enable a trace on your account. Would you mind running through some standard support steps while this trace is enabled.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps:*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes. 

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for trying those steps again @crowhera16. Sorry for the continued trouble with this. 

I've gone ahead and passed your info along to our engineers

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🎧

0 Kudos

NinjaSkater
Local Performer

I am having the same issue as Crowhera16.  My Android Pandora app will play just fine using the data package but as soon as I connect to any WiFi the songs just skip to the next and keep skipping until i disconnect from WiFi.  I have gone through the troubleshooting and checked the battery settings and all the permissions for the app.  I would like to see a resolution to this.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @NinjaSkater. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about what's happening, and I'm sorry for the continued trouble you're experiencing. I can report this to engineering on your behalf.

Please provide the following details:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

mommyprincipal
Local Performer

Hello,

I dont know what is happening with my Pandora account. I go to one of my stations with my Galaxy S8 phone and start playing a song. It plays for a little over a minute, but shuts down. I go to my phone and look at Pandora and it automatically goes to the next song without finishing the first. And the stopping cycle begins again...never finishing a song. Please provide guidance.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mommyprincipal! Thanks for posting to community.

I moved your message over to an existing thread that I think is similar to the issue you're experiencing: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song 

Can you let me know the current version of Pandora you're on? If you need help finding this, let me know. 

0 Kudos