cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song

Nathan5000
Local Performer

It just shows its buffering for 10 seconds then skips to the next song? Nothing plays it just skips and skips.  And idea's?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
55 Replies

Ejotam
Local Performer

Reset network settings in your phone

AlyssaPandora

Sounds like this step has worked for you, @Ejotam.

Feel free to let us know if you run into any issues. In the meantime, enjoy the tunes! 🎹

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

scottrparent
Local Performer

I'm having the same buffering issues with my Android 9 phone running Pandora 2006.2.  It was working fine yesterday and now today it's doing the same buffering thing described above.  To top it off Pandora doesn't work at all on my laptop (Windows 10) with Google Chrome.  I can get it to work with IE 11.  However, I can't cast from IE 11.  I'd really like to work with Chrome so I can cast to my stereo like I could do yesterday.  Pandora has gone from an app (and Web Site) that I was excited about to one that no longer meets my needs.

Please tell me a solution to this is pending.  I'd rather not switch software.  Or if anyone knows of an extension for IE 11 that will allow me to cast to my stereo, that would also be helpful.

Scott

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @scottrparent, thanks for being part of community! Sorry for the trouble with Pandora. 

I see that you've emailed our User Support team as well about this. To curb any confusion and duplicate troubleshooting steps, I recommend following up via email with them. 

Thanks for posting! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

bluediver8080
Underground

I'm having this same issue. Galaxy Note 10. I have updated to the latest version of pandora cleared the data, uninstalled and re installed the app. It works fine on cell data (AT&T) just not on wifi. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @bluediver8080. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble.

It sounds like you've already tried the basic troubleshooting steps here.

Could you share the following details so that I can report your experience?

• Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know, and I can share this information with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

bluediver8080
Underground

Android version 10, pandora version 2008.2

AlyssaPandora

@bluediver8080 Thanks so much for getting back to me.

I've reported your account info / device details over to our engineering team. We currently have an internal ticket open with them to look into this issue.

Appreciate your patience while they continue to investigate. 🛠

0 Kudos

TerrySandin
Local Performer

same issue. If on wifi I watch the screen refresh to new album constantly. Whatever timeout you have set in just keeps pushing to the next selection. I just watched over 20 albums pass by because they couldn't or wouldn't buffer. As soon as I shut wifi off, things start playing. Change your buffer timeout or fix this.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @TerrySandin. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I would recommend trying out these steps to see if it helps with the issue you're experiencing.

Are you using an OS older than Android 6.0? 

Let me know. Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

TerrySandin
Local Performer

Thanks for the response Alyssa. I am running Android 10 on a Galaxy Note 10+.

It seems to me this has been an issue for me for years. Its frustrating but I think I might see what the issue is. I just tried this at the house via private Wifi and it worked. I will try it at the shop tomorrow and see if its a firewall issue. Don't have this issue with any other streaming sites though.

bluediver8080
Underground

Alyssa with a little troubleshooting on my side I have determined the issue is Pandora will not work on a IPv6 network only a IPv4 network. I have tested this at 5 different locations. This literally took me 5 days to test and verify yet Pandoras engineering team has been looking into this since April according to this thread. Please pass this onto them as I would like to be able to use the service that I pay for. Thank you

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@TerrySandin To keep the community organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song - Please keep me updated on your progress. 

@bluediver8080 Thanks so much for providing that info. I've shared this with our engineering team. 

0 Kudos

DavetheDefiant
Underground

Having this issue on 2009.2.

Only plays on data. On Wifi it just buffers and skips.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@DavetheDefiant Our support team has enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to run into issues, I'd like to report this to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version: 2009.2

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

DavetheDefiant
Underground

It seems to be okay now, but I've been getting this on and off lately. I've cleared the cache, restarted, cleared the data, restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted, and usually none of that helps, but in a few days it starts working again. Meanwhile it works through Google home and Alexa integration, just not directly in the Pandora app, except on data; it works fine on data; it just buffers on WiFi. When this occurs I can click wifi off just long enough for a song to start, and turn it back on, and it may finish the song or even play a few songs, or not; results vary.

• Model: Samsung Galaxy s9 plus
  • Carrier: Spectrum Mobile over Verizon Network
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 10 - 11 is not available for me yet; it says I have the latest version when I try to update
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): QP1A.190711.020.G965USQS8ETH5
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): September 1, 2020
  • Pandora version: 2009.2
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @DavetheDefiant! Thanks for the info. I've passed this along to our engineers. 

When this happens is there an error message that comes up? If so, the next time this happens, can you take a screenshot for me?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

DavetheDefiant
Underground

DavetheDefiant_0-1602612247537.png

At the moment I'm getting this in Chrome after it buffered and skipped a bunch of songs, and it's also buffering and skipping on my phone. I'll update with another screenshot in a moment.

0 Kudos

DavetheDefiant
Underground

Screenshot_20201013-140525_Pandora.jpg

This is what I'm getting on my phone after it was buffering and skipping a bunch of songs.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @DavetheDefiant. 👋

Thanks so much for posting those screenshots.

It's possible that these error messages were triggered by a problem with Pandora on your device, or an issue with your internet provider.

This could also mean there were indications that the Pandora service was being accessed in ways that don't fit our Terms of Use. You can review our terms here.

When this happens, we automatically disable access to Pandora for a period of time. I made a small change to your account from my end. You should be able to listen normally shortly.

Let us know if you continue to experience issues. 🎧

0 Kudos