cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song

Nathan5000
Local Performer

It just shows its buffering for 10 seconds then skips to the next song? Nothing plays it just skips and skips.  And idea's?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
55 Replies

DavetheDefiant
Underground

It's probably, because I'm hunting for some long lost stations, that I lost the bookmarks to when you removed station bookmarks, which I had bookmarked because you have a station limit, even though you save the stations indefinitely, which I know, because I've stumbled on other lost stations by trying to start a new station with the same artist or track that the lost station was started with, so I know they're there... When I add the right track, they pop up with all of the old seeds I added, and all of the thumbs up and down, and whatever name and description I gave them however many years ago. Because they're very complex stations with many seeds that I renamed, I have no idea what track or artist I started them with... I've found some, but not the ones I really want, so I keep adding artist after artist and song after song, and deleting stations when I hit the limit, and then this nonsense starts.. 

If you could just give me the old station bookmarks back, and get rid of the silly station limits since you save them anyway, I wouldn't have this problem.. lol

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@DavetheDefiant Thanks for clarifying that information, and for your feedback.

Could you provide the names of the station(s) that you're trying to recover?

I can help with restoring any deleted stations that you're looking for. 

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

DavetheDefiant
Underground

I don't even remember the half of them. I had a bunch I named for a feel or vibe, like sultry and frantic. Then I renamed some of them when I realized some were almost exclusively a particular sub genre, and renamed some of them for that sub genre.. things like Trip Hop, Electro Hop, Dark Cabaret, Dream Pop, Electro Punk.. I can't think of what else but there were a lot.. 

I also was trying to encourage the algorithm to play artist only or as close to it as I could, by giving a thumb up to every track from the artist, before you added the artist only option, and I realized it negatively affected my thumbprint station... good news is I made it through my list of artists this week and cleared out the extra thumbs up.. yay.

I'm neurotic...lol. I've always been fascinated by Pandora's algorithm and try to see what it can do under different conditions, like a station with over 6000 seeds, which had pretty interesting results, but became nearly impossible to load the station details.. I don't need that one. LOL

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@DavetheDefiant I completely understand where you're coming from. Looks like you had many deleted stations. I can see that you've created over 2000 stations since 2010. For this amount, I would need station names to restore some of them.

In the meantime, I've restored the following:

• Trip Hop
  • Electro Hop
  • Dark Cabaret
  • Dream Pop
  • Electro Punk
  • Electro Pop

If you can think of any other names, I can search for them to restore for you. 🎧

0 Kudos

YoungE
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. Will you please assist?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @YoungE. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Thanks so much for posting about this.

• Are you receiving any other error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Have you tried running through our basic / advanced troubleshooting steps? If not, please try them out here.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

0 Kudos

AxDeath
Local Performer

Why is this marked as solved? I'm still having this issue a year later.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @AxDeath. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

I would recommend checking out my post here for troubleshooting.

Let us know if the issue persists. 🎧

0 Kudos

Larjan14
Local Performer

Same here! Tried everything no help.

Only having pandora issues. All other apps are working fine. 2 months of this problem 

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Larjan14. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this. Based on your message, it sounds like you've already tried out the troubleshooting steps: Android Troubleshooting

++

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you received any error messages? 

Let me know, and I can report this over to our engineering team. 🎧

0 Kudos

jcellington
Local Performer

As the title says. I am on Pandora 2102.1.1 with a Samsung Galaxy S20plus and the songs just buffer for a few seconds and then skip to the next one. I have cleared data, the cache, and uninstalled/reinstalled the app. 

I have also tried wifi and mobile data and neither works.

I have a good connection because I can easily steam HD video with no issues.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @jcellington. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble. 

I will definitely report this over to our engineering team.

Would you mind sharing a few more details about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Have any error messages popped up (other than "buffering")?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

jcellington
Local Performer

No error messages.

Android version 11

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@jcellington Thanks for getting back to me with those details. I've passed this along to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

panthius
Local Performer

I just started experiencing the buffering skip issue since thing this afternoon.  This happens on Wifi or Data.  I am running the latest Pandora app available on the Google Play Store.  one interesting thing is that I can still connect and hear the commercials and the artists messages without issue, this is only the music I cannot connect and hear.  I have tried all troubleshooting steps to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Huawei Mate SE running Android version 8.0.0 (latest they have available).

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @panthius. 👋

I've taken a deeper look at your Pandora account.

It's possible that this error message was triggered by multiple listeners on your account, a problem with Pandora on your device, or an issue with your internet provider. This could also mean there were indications that the Pandora service was being accessed in ways that don't fit our Terms of Use. You can review our terms here.

When this happens, we automatically disable access to Pandora for a period of time.

In the meantime, could you try again and let me know if you continue to have trouble with this?

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos