cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Error 3002 Causes App to Crash

TeeJaySolaire
Local Performer

I have tried restarting the app, installing and uninstalling and rebooting my phone to no avail. I also checked the battery restrictions. Please advise?

Screenshot_20230713-202158.png

Screenshot_20230713-202242.png

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @TeeJaySolaire! Sorry for any trouble with this.  Can you please confirm your Pandora version?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TeeJaySolaire
Local Performer

Hello! My Pandora opening screen says it is version 2306.2.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for confirming that for me, @TeeJaySolaire!

I've gone ahead and created a new ticket and passed this along to our engineering team for review. It appears you've already tried some extensive troubleshooting and at this time, I don't have any additional steps to add.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and thanks for your patience during this time.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

NayadR
Local Performer

I've had the same issue for years every single day. It doesn't matter what android device I used or where I go with wifi or cellular. 

I've updated to the latest version, clear cache/data, uninstall/reinstall (just to download all those songs all over again one by one. There should be a download collection selection), turned off battery optimization and used wifi & cellular. It mostly happens with my collected songs.

The worst part is that once it starts  it won't stop. Force closing it doesn't stop the 3002 error. Even downloaded songs does it but it's been awhile being offline because every time I try to download a song the error comes up and I don't even know if it downloaded. Sometimes I don't download but still the error happens.

The only time I don't get an error is when I'm listening to stations. Never have an issue when listening to my stations. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NayadR I definitely understand your frustration.

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend adjusting your battery optimization settings and to clear the app data.

Clear app data:

You can find instructions on how to clear your app data here: Android Troubleshooting

Battery Optimization:

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded.

Please try the following steps:

• Open your device Settings and then Apps.
  • Scroll to find Pandora or use Search in the upper right hand corner.
  • Select Battery
  • Next select Unrestricted.

Due to the numerous models of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for every device. Please look up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app if the above does not apply.

If neither of those suggestions resolve your issue, I'd like to report your experience to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

NayadR
Local Performer

Screenshot_20231001_133647_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20231001_133635_Settings.jpg

  

I've tried everything you have listed and hasn't resolved the 3002 error or random crashes. Primarily happens when I play from my collections.

There were too many letters and a digits to type and it wouldn't let me copy and paste so I screenshot the phone information.

The Pandora version 2308.1.1

Carrier: AT&T

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NayadR Thanks for following up with that information.

I've escalated your feedback to the engineers who are currently investigating this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

NayadR
Local Performer

Hey @AdamPandora 

It's been some weeks. Wondering if you found any information cuz I'm still getting the 3002 error code. I'm really considering canceling after November. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that this issue has persisted for you, @NayadR. I understand how frustrating this has been. While we don't have any new information to share right now, we will keep you updated on this thread.

We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

maineking
Local Performer

I've had the same issue for over a year now, on my last two phones. I was hoping upgrading and multiple updates would've fixed it. My current phone is also android 13 and the Pandora version is 2310.1.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maineking Sorry for the trouble.

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend adjusting your battery optimization settings and to clear the app data.

Clear app data:

You can find instructions on how to clear your app data here: Android Troubleshooting

Battery Optimization:

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded.

Please try the following steps:

• Open your device Settings and then Apps.
  • Scroll to find Pandora or use Search in the upper right hand corner.
  • Select Battery
  • Next select Unrestricted.

Due to the numerous models of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for every device. Please look up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app if the above does not apply.

If you continue to experience issues with this after running through the troubleshooting steps listed above, please reply back to this thread and let me know.

0 Kudos

Therm16
Local Performer

I have also been experiencing the 3002 error even after updating to a new phone last month, and with the 2310.1 version of pandora 

I have tried re-downloing the app, clearing cache, battery optimization(and unrestricted) and stil experience crashing ever 15-20 minutes.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Therm16. 👋

Sorry for the difficulty you have experienced with the error message and crashing. 

I've passed along your feedback to the right people who can address it properly.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

44Woot44
Local Performer

So now all of a sudden, my Pandora app is doing this (Feb. 19, 2024, 10:00AM). It never has before.

(and it still opens and runs in the background!) Endless loop of cancel/retry. Found a work-around to be able to listen, but this needs to be fixed. Tired of something that I pay a premium price for to keep bugs and glitches from listening. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@44Woot44 If you haven't already done so, I would recommend adjusting your battery optimization settings and to clear the app data.

You can find instructions on how to complete those troubleshooting steps in my message above.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos