cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: No Sound When Attempting to Listen

High873
Local Performer

The sound wont come out on my app what can i do?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @High873. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this.

• Are you attempting to connect to any Bluetooth devices (ex. headphones, speakers, etc) when this happens? 
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Are you able to make phone calls and use other apps with sound from your Android device?

++

Troubleshooting:

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening in case we need to share this with our engineering team.  I would recommend running through the steps below to see if this helps with the volume issue.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Lilf
Local Performer

I'm having this issue where I press play and the song starts playing but no audio comes through. I've tried rasing the volume and nothing happened.

Please help.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Lilf👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience on the Pandora Community.

I've enabled traces on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Android Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes and whether this helps with the audio. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

ZYMBO
Local Performer

I have the same problem all the sudden on my s22 ultra. Sound bar shows its playing but no audio. Cleared data and checked all sound settings, still having same issue. I can listen to music and audio on every other app except pandora. 😞

0 Kudos

High873
Local Performer
I do recall this moment. I don't remember how I fixed the issue but when I
did I felt dumb because it wasn't Pandora's issue it was a problem with my
head phones or phone settings audio was off!!! Hope this helps...

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZYMBO Nice to see you around the Community.

• Are you attempting to connect to any Bluetooth devices (ex. headphones, speakers, etc) when this happens? 
    • If so, are you able to get sound to play through your phone's speaker? Or is there no sound regardless of whether or not you are connected to a bluetooth device?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know.

0 Kudos