cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Notification Panel Icon

Fortinjlf
Local Performer

Running Android 11. Pandora icon does not show in notification panel when it is running in background. Occasionally it will appear and then quickly disappear. Have tried changing settings in app and system settings to no avail. Any suggestions appreciated. 

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Fortinjlf. 👋

Thanks for your patience over the holiday weekend. 

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening - in case we need to share this feedback with our engineering team.

Let's try running through the standard Android troubleshooting steps here.

Feel free to let me know if you still notice this behavior after trying out those steps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Fortinjlf
Local Performer

Thank you for your reply, however I have tried those steps ad nauseum with no success. I had no trouble at all with it on my Galaxy Note 8. But my new Galaxy Note 20 Ultra has had this problem from the beginning.

I don't believe it is a problem with the phone, since my other music players do not exhibit this behavior. Their icons show up fine. But as I stated earlier, occasionally the icon will briefly show up on the notification bar and then quickly disappear. But it usually does not show up at all. Very odd.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fortinjlf Thanks for letting me know.

Just to confirm, are you referring to the widget that would appear on your screen similar to this one in my screenshot below?

Screenshot_20191209-174940.png

Is the Pandora app installed to your SD card?

If so, widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. You will need to keep the app installed to the phone's local memory and the widget should work fine.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Fortinjlf
Local Performer
  • No. I am referring to the small icon that appears in the notification bar (upper left of home screen). It appears when app is on and/or sleeping.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fortinjlf Thanks for clarifying those details.

• Does the music also stop when you notice that the app is missing from the notification bar? 
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

If you're noticing that the Pandora app does stop playing, I would recommend checking your Sleeping Apps.

• You can access this setting in the Device Care menu.
  • Click on Battery, and then, click on More options.
  • Click on Settings > Sleeping Apps
  • From your Sleeping Apps, you should be able to long press Pandora.  Once you're able to view the App Usage for Pandora, you'll want to make sure that the put app to sleep button is toggled to the OFF setting.

++

Would you mind providing the following info so that I can share this with our engineering team?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Appreciate you sticking with me on this! 🎧

0 Kudos

lynia143
Local Performer

I am now experiencing the same issue. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and checked all permissions several times with no luck. @Fortinjlf did you ever had luck in resolving this issue? I, too, see the occasional flash and then it's gone. I have a Samsung s22 and only recently noticed this issue. Until a couple of weeks ago it was working perfectly fine on this phone.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lynia143 Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

lynia143
Local Performer
Hi Adam, 
There's nothing to see, because the icon is missing 🙂  
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up and sorry for the continued trouble, @lynia143. I understand how frustrating this can be.

Have you tried clearing the app data? If not, you can find those steps here: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, would you mind sharing your device details so that we can report this over to our tech team?

It's helpful to know:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Appreciate you sticking with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

lynia143
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa, 

I hope this information helps. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora this weekend with the same result. My information is as follows:

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S22 SM-S901U
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number) 2304.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? I've tried both with the same result

I hope this helps us get to the bottom of it!

Michelle

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lynia143 - I was looking over this thread and just wanted to confirm your experience. I don't personally have an Android, so I'm not able to test this myself. However, I wanted to grab some additional details and make sure I'm understanding what is happening so that I can pass this along to our engineering team who can take a closer look.

I managed to get a screen grab from a colleague who has a Pixel - I know, it's not a Samsung 😣 - but hoping this example will helpful.

Can you confirm if this is what you mean - in the screenshot, the Pandora widget is available with the app backgrounded.

Notification.png

If that's correct: Can you confirm that the battery optimization settings are set to unrestricted? Sometimes these settings can revert back to a default state after an update.

If that's incorrect: Can you please take a screenshot, even if the icon is missing, of where it's suppose to be. This will be helpful, not only so that I can fully understand your experience but for our engineering team as well.

Thanks for  the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos