cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Offline Doesn't Download Most Listened to Stations

Venus2924
Local Performer

How come I am always getting the same 3 downloads. Never anything else. Even though I listen to other stations more. I only get Beatles, Ac/DC,  CRC

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Venus2924 I moved your post to the Android space to keep the community organized.

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, so I'll pass this idea onto our product team to consider. 

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

Let me know if you'd like more information about upgrading.

View solution in original post

26 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Venus2924 I moved your post to the Android space to keep the community organized.

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, so I'll pass this idea onto our product team to consider. 

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

Let me know if you'd like more information about upgrading.

BTW
Local Performer

WRONG!  It does not download the 3 most listened to stations!  2 out of the 3 stations that were downloaded for me I have barely ever listened to and I just added those stations not that long ago.  Whereas stations that I listen to all the time, and have done so for literally years, are nowhere to be found on that list of 3.  It's good to find this out now since I just started a trial and unless this gets fixed there's no way I'll ever let my card get charged.  Honestly, for as long as pandora has been around, this kind of issue is just laughable.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BTW I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

I'm happy to look into this further.

• What stations are currently downloaded for you when you switch to Offline Mode?
  • What stations would you expect to be downloaded for Offline Mode?

Additionally:

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

BluAngelBaby
Local Performer

Same for me. I've had the same problem for 6 months, deleted and re-download to many times to count. Stations I haven't listened to in a year 

Been checking out premium member threads. They're having issues as well so there's no use paying more and having similar issues.

Any solution found? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BluAngelBaby I moved your post to this thread since you are running into similar issues.

I'm happy to look into this further.

• What stations are currently downloaded for you when you switch to Offline Mode?

Additionally:

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this! 

0 Kudos

wilcrisp13
Local Performer

Hi, 

I listen to one station most of the time and when I try to reload my offline station downloads Pandora selects stations I never listen to for the download. I'm about to switch to Spotify if this is not resolved with the month.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @wilcrisp13. 👋

Thanks for posting about this on the Pandora Community. Please check out @AdamPandora's post about offline stations with Plus here.

In the meantime, could you share a few more details about your experience?

Device Details:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

HiddenB
Local Performer

I am having a similar issue, but it only began recently. I've had Plus for years, and previously it downloaded relevant channels and switched to similar ones to what I was listening to when connection was lost.

Now, new device (pixel 6, android 12, consumer cellular. Prev S8+, android 9), Pandora is downloading only stations that I haven't listened to in years. I've deleted saved channels and let it re-download to no avail. It will go from a LoFi channel to a heavy metal channel I haven't listened to since 2015, and similar jarring transitions.

There is one channel that I have listened to daily for over a year. This was previously an offline channel, but no longer. I've deleted several old stations that it downloads, and it just goes for older ones. 

Please don't make me switch to Spotify. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HiddenB Nice to see you around the Community.

I'm showing you currently have the following stations downloaded for Offline Mode:

• Beaumont Radio
  • Watch Out Radio
  • Dreams Radio
  • Thumbprint Radio

If you don't believe these are the correct, what stations would you expect to be downloaded for Offline Mode?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, I've also enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

HiddenB
Local Performer

I've followed those steps. No change; Pandora is downloading stations that haven't been touched in months or years, such as River Flows In You and Heavy F***ing Dubstep. The latter is now listed as a recent channel because it came up in offline listening.

Stations I listen to most, from most to least:

Casey Lee Williams, Dire Straits, Avenged Sevenfold, (Don't Fear) The Reaper, and Ratatat. I used to listen to Dreams a lot before creating Dire Straits; that's the only one that's even remotely justified. I don't even remember making Beaumont Radio, it was so long ago.

The first listed (CLW) I listen to on nearly a daily basis, and have since I made it. The first 3 (CLW, DS, AS) were previously my downloaded channels.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HiddenB I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team.

Can you please send me a screenshot of the stations you are seeing downloaded when in Offline Mode?

Additionally, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

HiddenB
Local Performer

As I said in my first comment, Pixel 6, Consumer Cellular, Android 12 up-to-date (which is build SP2A.220505.002 on the Pixel 6). Pandora v. 2204.1 ANDROID-TUNER 22041003, though that is the current version; I have updated Pandora since posting this issue.

No new information. The stations being downloaded are very random; the only common factor is that they haven't been listened to in at least a few months, mostly more than a year.

The stations that were downloaded on the most recent delete/redownload cycle are "Paper Planes (Diplo Street Remix)", "Kickstart My Heart", and "I Can't Stop". "I Can't Stop" is the 5th station I ever created (of over 50 stations in the last decade and a half), and was last listened to sometime in 2012 when I liked Flux Pavilion. 

I'm not going to post the dozens of screenshots required to show which stations are being downloaded  in each redownload iteration and where they are in the "recent" sorted station list. That would take forever, and that information is (as you demonstrated) available to you. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HiddenB Thanks for following up with that information.

I've escalated your feedback over to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

scorpygirl
Local Performer

Same problem for me. Google Pixel 4, Android 12. I've deleted storage and cache for both Pandora and Google Play.

The offline stations seem to be random too, not the 3 most used stations.

0 Kudos

CameronCongdon
Local Performer

Jumping on this thread to also bring up this issue. Been a Plus member for a good while now and just this morning it switched my Offline Stations to ones I haven't listened to in years and are definitely not my most played. I use the offline feature almost every single day. Here's my phone info that I assume you'd want.

• Model: Samsung Galaxy Note9 - SM_N960U
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Android version: 10
  • Build number: QP1A.190711.020.N960USQS9FVC5
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device: March 1,2022 (this is all I see listed)
  • Pandora version: 2204.1

The stations I had previously as my most listened to were:

1. Nujabes Radio
  2. Gorillaz Radio
  3. Relaxation Radio

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @CameronCongdon. 👋

Thanks so much for posting your device details as well as your recent experience with your offline stations. I've reported your feedback and information over to our engineering team on your behalf.

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @scorpygirl. 👋

Thanks for posting about this on the Pandora Community. Please check out @AdamPandora's post about offline stations with Plus here.

In the meantime, could you share a few more details about your experience?

Device Details:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Let me know. 🎧

CameronCongdon
Local Performer

Thanks! Holler if I can offer any more info.

Kenna1Rose
Local Performer

Ugh I just tried to refresh and the only station I listento was removed from my offline and they added stations I have never listened to! WHY WOULD I PAY FOR THAT?

0 Kudos