cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora Shuts Off / Stops Playing

Libby
Local Performer

My pandora shuts down after a minute of playing.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Swtgardner83. 👋

Please check out my post regarding the settings for sleeping apps here.

Something else to note, when updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default.

This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

You can also find more info about the battery optimization in this helpful article

++

If you're still having trouble, I would recommend trying out the basic / advanced troubleshooting steps for your Android device.

Feel free to keep me updated. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

79 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, @Libby.

Please try out the standard support path for trouble streaming on Android devices here.

Let me know if this helps!

Jhadedadoll
Local Performer

My Pandora keeps pausing rapidly and I'm not sure why..I tried all the troubleshooting options on the help center and nothing seems to be working..I keep having to play the song because it keeps pausing..I can't even get through a whole song without it pausing 2 or 3 times..Eventually I keep pressing play and then the app just stops..It's very frustrating !

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jhadedadoll I moved your message to this thread since it sounds like you are running into a similar issue. 

If you have already ran through the troubleshooting steps linked in @AlyssaPandora's reply above, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:

• Carrier:

• Android version (Settings > About Phone):

• Build number (Settings > About Phone):

• Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):

• Pandora version:

• If you can open Pandora, go to Settings and scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

• If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out. We really appreciate your help with this.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

PIEBALDDOG
Local Performer

my pandora shuts down

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@PIEBALDDOG Sorry to hear that is happening.

• Would you happen to be using a Samsung device when this issue occurs?
  • If not, what is the make and model of your device?
  • Also, are you receiving any error messages?

Let me know. 📲

Kj6ko
Local Performer

I am having the same issue, shuts off after about 1 minute. Fine before last  app update. And yes, it is a Samsung  Was fine before the update and doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or connected to the cell network. Thanks. 

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Kj6ko. 👋

Sorry about the app shutting down after a minute.

Have you checked out my post regarding Sleeping Apps on Samsung devices?

If not, feel free to see if these steps are applicable to the issue you're experiencing.

Let me know if this helps!

Swtgardner83
Local Performer

I am having the same problem as all of these. Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Pandora keeps shutting down after about a minute. It is very frustrating. Everything is up to date

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Swtgardner83. 👋

Please check out my post regarding the settings for sleeping apps here.

Something else to note, when updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default.

This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

You can also find more info about the battery optimization in this helpful article

++

If you're still having trouble, I would recommend trying out the basic / advanced troubleshooting steps for your Android device.

Feel free to keep me updated. 🎧

View solution in original post

Tiger50
Local Performer

Pandora keeps stopping on my Moto X 2015 Pure Edition. It always worked perfectly in the past, but now it plays music and just stops.  Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Tiger50 I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

Can you please try running through the troubleshooting steps linked in @AlyssaPandora's post above?

Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

Abounds
Local Performer

I have done these steps,  even deleting and reinstalling the app and still having the issue 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Abounds Thanks for letting us know, and sorry for the continued trouble.

Could you share the following info?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧

Cwilliams
Local Performer

My Pandora app randomly stops working as well. It will play 1 or 2 songs and then completely freeze and become completely unresponsive. There is nothing I can do to remedy. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled, I pay for this app so it is very frustrating. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Cwilliams. 👋

I've taken a look at your account and I'm unsure of which device you're using when this issue occurs.

Are you using an Android device? Or, an iOS device?

Do any error messages pop up when this happens?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Lici89
Local Performer

If I turn my screen off pandora stop its not even in the notification bar on my phone. How can I fix it?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Lici89. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. 

Please try out these steps to see if it helps resolve your issue.

++

If you continue to have trouble, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Are you experiencing any error messages when this happens?

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Ruutiboy
Underground

Plays a song or oart of song and pauses. Hit play and goes to reload and play another song. Thought it was wifi so cut that off and use data only. Still the same

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Ruutiboy. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening.

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything tidy: Pandora Shuts Off / Stops Playing

Let's try running through the standard Android troubleshooting steps here.

I hope this helps. Let me know. 🎧