cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora Shuts Off / Stops Playing

Libby
Local Performer

My pandora shuts down after a minute of playing.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
95 Replies

HeatherB
Local Performer

Same problem in my Samsung Note 9. Even if it doesn't crash the sound cuts out like a bad cell phone conversation. Why am I paying monthly for a service I can't use?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @HeatherB  I moved your post over to our Android Board to help keeps things tidy.

Can you let me know a little more info about your experience and device so I can take a closer look?

• Does the app crash when you open Pandora?
  • Are you able to play music before it crashes?
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share in Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

Lonelyhrted_89
Local Performer

What about on android os 10? Like none of my apps will play my music but for a few seconds then pauses. What should i do

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Lonelyhrted_89. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Pandora Shuts Off / Stops Playing

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread in my post here.

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue you're experiencing. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

kwijybo187
Local Performer

My Pandora keeps pausing after a few minutes regardless of my having the app open on the screen showing the song playing or if I turn off the screen while I'm driving or on a different app.

I already turned off batter saver, restarted phone, turned phone off and back on, deleted Pandora from my device and re installed.

Nothing is helping.

This problem started about 24 hours ago.

Moto g stylus

Running Android 11

Pandora version 2108.1.1

0 Kudos

Chmoor01
Local Performer

I am having the same issue no error messages no other apps running I play from a mobile phone which is a Motorola G7. This happens about 10 minutes after playing starting to play and then it'll just constantly do it every minute or so afterwards. It's like an invisible finger hits the pause button.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @kwijybo187. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Pandora Shuts Off / Stops Playing

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread in my post here.

If the issue persists, would you mind providing a few more details?

• Carrier:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have any error messages popped up?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

kwijybo187
Local Performer
It did it yesterday while.on both wifi and data
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Chmoor01. 👋

Let's try out the steps from my post here.

If you continue to have issues, could you provide your device information so that I can report this over to our engineering team?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for letting us know about this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Firefly97
Local Performer

Same issue here. Samsung Galaxy Note 9. AT&T on or off wi-fi. Every trouble shooting step hasn't helped.

0 Kudos

Firefly97
Local Performer

Pandora keeps pausing and after following the posts with trouble shooting steps it's continuing to pause. 

Pandora version: 21110.1

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Build: QP1A.190711.020.N960USQU9FUK1

On or off wi-fi

Tried uninstall and re-install

Tried changing audio quality, allowing all permissions, clearing data and cache, allow to run in background, don't put to sleep. Not getting an error message, just pauses constantly. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Firefly97. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening to your tunes.

Could you also confirm which OS version you're on?

Let me know and I can share these details with our engineers. Thank you for your help with this! 🎧

0 Kudos

pp052128
Local Performer

mine is doing the same pretty aggravating

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@pp052128 I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here.

If you continue to run into issues, could you please provide your device information so that I can report this over to our engineering team?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

Jrod009
Local Performer

I have the same issue. On Android phone oukitel wp7 8 fb ram and cahe has been cleared and app updated

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jrod009 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Pandora Shuts Off / Stops Playing

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Additionally, please check out @AlyssaPandora 's post regarding the settings for sleeping apps here.

Something else to note, when updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default.

This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

You can also find more info about the battery optimization in this helpful article

Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos