cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
308 Replies

jyoung
Underground

It truly feels like we are being ignored. It's a very bad look for Pandora. Even to those of us that have been premium members for over a decade. WE NEED A RESPONSE!!

Lindseyjmeyer7
Opening Act

Going on 4 months and still no resolution.  Please provide update 

Lindseyjmeyer7
Opening Act

It's been almost four months. Can you show any concern for the lack of urgency to solve this problem 

DarkTemplar
Local Performer

Any updates Pandora? 

alyssamanfredo
Local Performer

Tired of waiting. Canceling. Been a customer over a decacde.

blangman1
Local Performer

Same.  I'm on Amazon Music now.  Contested annual recurring charge with credit card, ain't paying that either.  BYEEEE.

Uncle00Buck
Underground

Same thing is happening to me for the last 3 months. My phone continues to play after i disconnect from every device, forcing a manual stop. Frankly, if Pandora can't address this, given that I'm paying for service that used to be flawless but has no plans to fix an inteoduced problem, I will drop the service if it isn't resolved in six weeks. 

DarkTemplar
Local Performer

Used to have 12 pages of replies. Clearly some moderator is looking at this thread because they've been deleted. Who needs to play/pause/skip or do anything inside a music player?? I don't think any of the other music players offer this functionality so that's probably why it's taking Pandora devs so long to fix this. It's not a common feature... to play... pause... or skip.... yea....

Ponda_Baba
Underground

Is there another service that would import my playlists?  I'm not going to pay for a family plan when all the members of my family have the same stupid issues and won't use the app!

Leoms
Underground

There are.  Clearly, the mods have been told to ignore this topic because they're not even hitting the button to respond with a macro any longer, lol.  I'll do some research on the other apps and post my findings here when i have them.  

comeonman
Underground

Around 3 months of this and it's not getting any better. I feel like it's near constant now everytime I use the app I expect it to freeze on me. Doesn't matter if it's Bluetooth or plugged into another device it's constant and frankly pissing me off to the point I might ditch the app and spend the time setting up a new one for my taste.

• S22 ultra
  • Android 14
  • I am on Pandora v 2401(ANDROID TUNER 24011009)
  • Doesn't matter if on wifi, data , or offline
  • Verizon 
  • SAME. EXACT. THING

The control tab on the lock screen becomes inoperable after five or six songs. The only fix is to close out the app. Pandora will randomly start playing in your pocket. Same fix. I have been with Pandora for a LONG time, pay for premium. I have deleted/reinstalled the app, cleared cache, data, etc.  I have Googled..seems to be a pretty common issue since December. 

WHAT IS THE FIX? The app is unusable at this point. 

mod edit: merged comments + format

0 Kudos

comeonman
Underground

Just wanted to update. There is no fix...just get your $ back and move on. They instantly refunded my premium family membership. I would have preferred a fix, but this is unacceptable for a paid app. I have been a paid subscriber many, many years, but I'm moving my business to spotify.

Daisy01
Local Performer

I am experiencing the same thing. It started the last 2 updates. I may be canceling my Pandora. It's so flipping annoying 😑 

Will this be fixed???

0 Kudos

Levi2
Underground

S21 plus  unresponsive buttons and have to turn off app to stop playing. I'm having the same issue.  I have had pandora premium for years. I can't get this issue resolved and I think I will leave the app. What is the point of paying for premium if this keeps happening. I'm having the same issue and the buttons are grayed out and buttons unresponsive 

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

Mccallonk
Local Performer

Keeps happening to me no matter what I  do it continues.. its is extremely frustrating to pay for a family premium 😕 

Flobish
Local Performer

Still an ongoing issue. I'm going back to spotify

0 Kudos

fdraven1
Opening Act

They have been aware of this issue since Decembers android devices update, and are unwilling to fix it. look under android devices here. So all this stuff they have been having you do is BS and they are just stringing you along.

0 Kudos

KayKaySlay
Underground

I already made the switch and cancelled my Pandora membership. This is ridiculous. 

I went to Spotify and unfortunately I couldn't import my playlist

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

Ponda_Baba
Underground
Where did you go? Were you able to import Playlist? Thanks!
0 Kudos

Jessica1
Opening Act

I have problems multiple times a day every day with pandora freezing. If it's on autoplay it won't let me skip, pause, or change stations. It basically won't let me do anything unless I completely close the app and relaunch it. Snd even that only works for a short while until if happens again. I pay for premium, the app could at least work the majority of the time.