cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to Download Pandora App

Marybates515
Local Performer

I first kept getting the "Timed out" message.  Decided to uninstall app and then reinstall.  Now every time I try to install the app from Google Play Store I get a message that just says "Something went wrong, try again" and it won't install. Samsung S9

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
30 Replies

Michaeljk
Local Performer

Nope, still have the same issue. ALSO on my Samsung Galaxy S5 I removed the app and reinstalled (or rather tried too) and now I am not able to get connected. Same error message (Not compatible with device.)

It was working fine just 2 weeks ago.

Michael Kenmir

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Michaeljk What Android version do you currently have installed on your phone?

• Android version (Settings > About Phone):

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Michaeljk
Local Performer

Hi,

Android Version 6.0.1

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying that with me, @Michaeljk.

The current version of Pandora requires Android 7.0 or higher. To confirm the Android version you are running on your device, open Settings, General, About Device, and Android Version. 

If your device is running a version older than Android 7.0, you will need to update your device's operating system. 

For some Android devices, you can update by going to Settings > General > About device > Software updates > Check for update

If you are using a device that is not able to upgrade to Android 7.0 or higher, you should be able to download a previous version of the Pandora app from the Google Play store. 

Otherwise, you won't be able to download Pandora on that device. 

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos

Michaeljk
Local Performer

OK, well my phone is so old that it can't update further to 7.0 and the App Store doesn't have the earlier version of the app. 

I will need to cancel my subscription then and move on.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Dimosh
Local Performer

Did not help 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dimosh To clarify, are you having trouble downloading the Pandora app on your Android phone?

If so, what Android version do you currently have installed on your device?

• Android version (Settings > About Phone):

Let me know.

0 Kudos

jfreddy
Local Performer

Allyssa.  I have Samsung on5 and the play store indicates "unable to install on this device"  Please do not guess and send me somewhere.  I reinstalled the os on my device to the latest version.  My advice is that the Pandora coders do not or have not included the latest version of Samsung ON5.  I had Pandora on same phone earlier versions.  Can this be fixed.  I have and use Spotify but all I really want is Pandora.  Can Pandora tech assist and advise?  Thanks!!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jfreddy Welcome to community.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble downloading the Pandora app on your Samsung On5.

As moderators of the community space, we do our best to offer effective troubleshooting steps in the hopes it will help to resolve issues our listeners are facing. Since we aren't able to work in person, this may include offering multiple steps to find the right solution. In most cases, these steps help us further investigate and further asses what may be happening. The more information you provide us, the better position we are in to help to the best of our abilities.

In your post above, you mentioned that you received a message from the Google Play Store that said "unable to install on this device". While we are not able to investigate issues or notification from the Google Play Store, I'm happy to provide some information that have helped listeners in the past with a similar experience.

If the steps from the accepted solution did not help to resolve this, you'll want to ensure that your location and region settings for your mobile are accurate and set to the United States. Our service is only available within the country and may be preventing you from installing the app.

If these settings appear correct, I recommend reaching out directly to Google Play Support for further assistance.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

jfreddy
Local Performer
Hi. Here's the thing. I reinstalled android on this Samsung Galaxy ON5.
When completed I then reinstalled my apps. Prime, Spotify, Netflix, etc.
When I look for Pandora; Google Play says "This app won't work for your
device". Before the reinstall I had Pandora just fine. Android on this
ON5 was updated and it is my thinking that something in this new version is
conflicting with the present version of Pandora. I am an advanced user
both laptop and phone and I clean cache's frequently. This isn't about my
physical phone. It's about a conflict with the new version of Android on
my ON5 and the existing Pandora version.

I mean no disrespect to you, but you are a moderator and probably are
really are a smart PR Marketing professional. This is a tech issue and not
a 'go to settings and clean the cache or its a google play issue'. I am one
of many who have and are experiencing this very issue. Can you please,
please elevate this to a level above the Q/A of the community? Your
answers to others seem to be the same, look in the handbook kind of answers
and nothing more. Can you help resolve this issue as I have expressed
herein? I think Pandora is the best music platform. And BTW, I have been
with Pandora quite some time including time before Rdio. Thank you much!

Jim Meyer
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @jfreddy. 👋

Thanks for your feedback around this, and sorry for the continued trouble. I understand your frustration around this. 

If you haven't already, please ensure your Google Play Store app is up to date using the steps below.

How to update the Google Play Store

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. At the top right, tap the profile icon.
  3. Tap Settings About. Play Store version.
  4. You'll get a message that tells you if the Play Store is up to date. Tap "Got it".
    • If an update is available, it will automatically download and install in a few minutes.

You can also try running through these steps to help with downloading apps from the Google Play Store

In the meantime, we've gone ahead and shared your feedback with our engineering team on an internal ticket. If the above steps don't help, we've exhausted troubleshooting steps we can offer and I would definitely recommend contacting Google Play Support for further assistance with this error message on the Google Play Store platform. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos