cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to dismiss player notification

RatBug
Local Performer

I had this issue for a long time and then months ago in a fit of frustration I started disabling all pandora notifications. Now I don't have the mobile control widget in the the notifications. I have to open the app to pause etc.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @RatBug @DamnedBrit. 👋

Nice to see you around the community, and thanks for reporting this. I completely understand how frustrating this can be.

If you haven't already, I would recommend trying out these steps to see if it resolves the issue you're experiencing: Android Troubleshooting

++

If the issue persists, could you share a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

++

Can you also send over a bit more info about your device so that I can report your experience accurately?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

DamnedBrit
Local Performer

I have been having this issue for months and seen the generic copy/paste response from AlyssaPandora and others that are simply a waste of time and a complete failure to address the issue. It's cancellation time for me, the inability to actually work on the bug and fix it after being reported for multiple users for two years is sheer ignorance.

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @RatBug @DamnedBrit. 👋

Nice to see you around the community, and thanks for reporting this. I completely understand how frustrating this can be.

If you haven't already, I would recommend trying out these steps to see if it resolves the issue you're experiencing: Android Troubleshooting

++

If the issue persists, could you share a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

++

Can you also send over a bit more info about your device so that I can report your experience accurately?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

DamnedBrit
Local Performer

No, because a) people have been doing that for two years and you've been pumping out the exact same relentlessly pointless answer that has resulted in ZERO fixes and b) I wasn't kidding. I've cancelled my subscription and uninstalled the app. Why would I have *any* reason to think that you or Pandora are going to be any more interested in actively pursuing a solution to a problem you've known about for years? I don't know what your personal motivation is for repeating the same mindless anodyne  "advice" for months on end without making the slightest difference (unless you're just an AI bot shovelling out the standard **ahem**) but from an effectiveness point of view, for this issue, you score an absolute zero and I am not going to waste my time doing what everyone else has done with no discernible response from you or your company.

It's a failure on you and your company to meaningfully engage with your customers to fix *your* problems and because I am unwilling to jump through your hoops you've lost a customer.

Knicholson0
Local Performer

I think the feature is working flawlessly, yeah?

0 Kudos

Steamycaca
Local Performer

LOL they marked it as solved. What a fking joke. Also no, the issue is still happening. 

0 Kudos