cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Crashing with "Session Timed Out" on 2106.1

tdalias
Underground

Same issue with pandora v2106.1.  Crashes on start.  Free and premium tier.  Where the fix?

Latest versions of android web view and chrome.  Cleared storage/cache on both.

Samsung s21, android 11, xfinity mobile.

Issue happens on WiFI, Cellular.  Hard restart sometimes fixes.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update (08/02/21): Hey everyone 👋

The newest Pandora app version 2107.1 should be available to all now. Please try updating the app as it should resolve the "Session Timed Out" error message. 

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

When new versions of the Pandora app for Android devices become available, we also share more details in this thread.  More info about today's app release will be updated here soon: Android: Release Notes

++

If you continue to receive the error message after updating to app version 2107.1, please let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
89 Replies

awilliams8888
Local Performer

it telling me the same thing

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@awilliams8888 Please try running through the basic / advanced troubleshooting steps to see if this removes the error during your listening sessions.

If the error message continues to pop up after running through those steps, please send us a screenshot of the error.

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

tdalias
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora 

App crashes immediately upon loading

Or a pop up says "Your Pandora session timed out."  When you hit "OK" the pop up immediately comes up again.  After 5+ pop ups, App "opens" but does not load any information.

I'm not running any vpn, adblocker.  Over 30GB free space.

I've also made sure that that the app does not go into deep sleep in the samsung device care options. 

Android troubleshooting

Basic troublshooting - does not resolve

Advance troublshooting - does not resolve / cannot access because app does not load.

Disable battery optimization - does not resolve

Remove background restrictions - does not resolve

AlyssaPandora

@tdalias Thanks so much for providing those details. I've reported this issue over to our engineering team on your behalf. We've created an internal ticket for this issue on 2106.1. Thanks for your patience while they look into this. 🎧

bloohaloo
Underground

Same thing happens to me. I just got my subscription and it's not looking good. My only fix is clearing the data under the app storage.  Happens wifi, cellular,  and I've got PLENTY of space

AdamPandora

@bloohaloo I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If this does not resolve the issue, I'd like to report your feedback to our engineering team. Can you send over a screenshot of the error message, along with a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

eeleor
Local Performer

Help i like this app but it keeps crashing

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @eeleor. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

I would recommend checking out @AdamPandora's message about this issue here.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account. If the issue persists after running through those troubleshooting steps, would you mind providing the requested information? Then, I can share this with our engineering team.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

AlyE
Local Performer

i'm having the exact same issue and i've tried the troubleshooting tips and nothing works! please help!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @AlyE. 👋

It looks like you've also been in touch with a member from our User Support team via email.

Would you mind sharing the following information regarding your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know as I'd like to share this with our engineering team. 🎧

bloohaloo
Underground

Alright. So I went through the advanced troubleshooting, storage location, background process, etc. So far it's been working fine. However, is there no way to have my downloads on external? Having the full app there, also, would be awesome. I do experience odd audio now that I've done these changes.  The volume levels between songs change. Not device or what it plays through. I've been listening to the same album over and over since it was recently released so I know it isn't that, either.

Galaxy s10 Lite

Straight Talk

Android 11

RP1A. 200720. 012. G770U1UEU3DUC1 (delete spaces)

March 1, 2021

Pandora v. 2106.1

Sterlingsolesky
Local Performer

Samsung s7 here. Tried uninstalling. Updating. Made new account with browser and logged in app. No matter what same thing. Bootloop but plays most recent station if app openwd and then do something else and do not return to app. If i return it pops up session timed out. And closes repeatedly 7+ times till android pops up saying "app keeps stopping". Only fix ive found is completely delete all storage and memory of the app and relog into app. Have to clear every bit of storage, memory and cache. Like a fresh app install. Will work. And have premium. Until i step away and and then try and open app to play music again. Or to bypass a song or change channel....

0 Kudos

bloohaloo
Underground

Same for me dude. A moderator instructed me to go through the pandora troubleshooting. I went through the advanced troubleshooting guide and it seems to be working now.  I have the family plan and the two other users on my account have iPhones and have no problems at all 

Sterlingsolesky
Local Performer

How do i do this?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @bloohaloo. 👋

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you're back to listening without any issues. Storing music on an external memory card for offline listening is not currently a feature. 

I would recommend upvoting this existing feature request by clicking on the 💙icon next to the title of the suggestion: Downloading to SD Card

++

Hey there, @Sterlingsolesky. 👋

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account. I would recommend running through the basic / advanced troubleshooting steps here: Android Troubleshooting

Could you also share the following details about your phone?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

bloohaloo
Underground

@AlyssaPandora, I spoke too soon and it's still doing the same thing. And even if it wasnt, this isn't something a premium subscriber should have to do. Standard to low data instead of high quality? No sdcard? Guys come on. I talked up pandora to the misses and y'all have in fact made yourselves look like amateur fools. This is absolutely unacceptable 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@bloohaloo Thanks for your feedback, and for letting me know about the issue still occurring. I've added your feedback / device information to our engineering team on an internal ticket we have open for this issue. We appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🎧

Scooby727
Local Performer

My Android S21 just updated today with a new security patch and version 11. Now the Pandora app will not work. It either kicks me out or says I'm times out. When I click the gear it says my profile has an error and will not load. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. What else can I do??

0 Kudos

Juniooor11
Local Performer

Tire of reboots, cleaning data, cache, uninstalling and installing ect.

I am in the same boat fix it or I am moving to a different one

0 Kudos