cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Crashing with "Session Timed Out" on 2106.1

tdalias
Underground

Same issue with pandora v2106.1.  Crashes on start.  Free and premium tier.  Where the fix?

Latest versions of android web view and chrome.  Cleared storage/cache on both.

Samsung s21, android 11, xfinity mobile.

Issue happens on WiFI, Cellular.  Hard restart sometimes fixes.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
89 Replies

Starscr
Local Performer

Been doing this all day with trying to troubleshoot. Thought it was just me.this is ridiculous. 

Version 2104./
Android
Lg k51

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

tdalias
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora,

The issue is changing the audio quality to "High".

I wiped/formatted/rest/factory default my phone.  Whet thru the initial system setup and then installed Pandora.  I did not install any other non-stock app.  I changed all 3 audio qualities (cellular, wifi, while offline) to "High".  Forced stopped the app.  Relaunch the app, then it gives the same error.

I am able to consistently recreate the issue by doing this.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Juniooor11 @Starscr @Scooby727. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience. I'd like to pass this along to our engineering team. Would you mind providing the requested information regarding your device? 

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

++

@tdalias Thanks for the update. We've created an internal ticket with our engineering team for this issue and I've added this additional information to that ticket. Thanks for your patience while we work on this. 🎧

++

@Starscr You mentioned that you're on app version 2104. The newest version available is 2106.1. Could you try updating the app?

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Mikesuefle
Underground

Same problem here.  The odd thing is P works fine when thru Sonos app.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Mikesuefle. 👋

Did you get a chance to run through the standard troubleshooting? If not, you can try clearing the app data using these steps to see if it helps: Android Troubleshooting

In the meantime, I'd like to pass your info along to our engineering team as they are currently investigating this issue. 

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

Mikesuefle
Underground
Yes, that worked.  Thanks.  On my PC (WIN 10), not an issue; continues as before.Sent from my Galaxy

zeb
Opening Act

I've had the same issue. Been over a week since I've been able to use my Pandora app on Android.

An uninstall with phone reboot has the app work for a little bit but the issue soon returns.

Troubleshooting provided here has not helped.

My wife and I are on premium family plan, have same Pixel  4a 5G phone, same Android version, same Pandora app version, but she does not have this issue.

I've tried logging out of Pandora everywhere else including Sonos and Chrome browsers. Nothing seems to help. Tried audio quality settings, didn't help either.

What is the status of engineerings investigation and fix for this? Anyone know?

0 Kudos

PeytonBaksh
Local Performer

Everytime I open Pandora App on my Phone it says "Your Session Timed Out" and a blue "Ok" button which closes the app unexpectantly. But when I use the app on my Roku T.V. it works perfectly Fine. Why is this? And I have a Subscription that isnt processed yet either. Whats going on with Pandora?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @PeytonBaksh @zeb. 👋

Thanks for reporting this. I've shared the information you've provided with our engineering team. It sounds like you both have run through the standard troubleshooting steps and the issue persists.

We appreciate your patience while this is being investigated. 

++

@PeytonBaksh At this time, your Pandora account is registered to our free service.

Could you confirm whether you've been charged for your subscription? If so, I will need to escalate your subscription issue to our User Support team via email since this involves your personal account info.

Let me know. 🎧

Starscr
Local Performer
Everyone is posting the same issue but still no fix.
0 Kudos

emmastjean27
Local Performer

Yes I have been having that issue to and I don't know how to fix it

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @emmastjean27. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: App Crashing with "Session Timed Out" on 2106.1

We're aware of this issue and are sharing the feedback on this thread with our engineering team on an internal ticket. Would you mind providing more details about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Mikesuefle
Underground

Yeah, Alyssa gives a fix that works (delete data) but is not long lasting.  Coming back to listen on following day, have to go thru the same routine to get things working.  Need a permanent fix.

lotto44
Local Performer

I am having the same problem... gone through many troubleshooting situations with no avail what is the solution?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Mikesuefle. 👋

Thanks for letting me know. I've added this information to the ticket we have open. 

++

Hey, @lotto44. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. Please check out my message here for the requested information to share with our engineering team. 

We appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🎧

Coolhand3537
Local Performer

Same thing with S21+.  Deleted and reinstalled numerous times.  Uninstalling and canceling my subscription worked best for me... NO MORE PROBLEMS.  Now I just gotta figure our where to go for my music now.  Been on Pandora for YEARS.  No tolerating this BS though, entirely to aggravating.

0 Kudos

Cyhalsey75
Local Performer

I was just added to our family plan but the app continuously crashes with the error message "Your Pandora session times out" How do I make this stop so I can listen to music? Thisdidnt start happening until after my 3mailwas added to our family plan. I using Galaxy Tab A

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update (07/16/21): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for reporting this error message in your posts. We've also received reports from community members stating the basic Android Troubleshooting steps resolve the issue temporarily. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and they're working on it. In the meantime, we've created an internal ticket so they can investigate what's causing this issue.

If you'd like for your device information to be added to our internal ticket, please provide the following details:

• Model:
  • Carrier:

Thanks so much for your help and patience during this process. 🎧

dmarciano84
Local Performer

I have have been experiencing the same issue with the app telling me my session has timed out.  It used to work fine, the app, and this started recently.  I already tried all the troubleshooting steps and have found that the only way I can resolve it, is by uninstalling and re-installing the app or by clearing out the cache and storage every single time I use it (and then have to relogin)

These solutions work, but are not viable to do every single time I want to use the app.  This is for version 2106.1 of Pandora on a OnePlus 8 Pro (Android 11) on VZW.  I can't do these fixes every time I want to use the app so I will likely been moving to a different app if this isn't resolved in a reasonable amount of time.

0 Kudos

Cyhalsey75
Local Performer
- Model: Galaxy Tab A (8.4", 2020)
- Carrier: T-Mobile
- Android version: 11
- Pandora version: 2106.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 21061006)
- Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? It does
it all the time. Once I clear the data it will work ok the first time but
the it starts giving me the tined out error again after a couple hours of
listening to music. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it o oy
works the first time before giving me the error again
0 Kudos