cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Crashing with "Session Timed Out" on 2106.1

tdalias
Underground

Same issue with pandora v2106.1.  Crashes on start.  Free and premium tier.  Where the fix?

Latest versions of android web view and chrome.  Cleared storage/cache on both.

Samsung s21, android 11, xfinity mobile.

Issue happens on WiFI, Cellular.  Hard restart sometimes fixes.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
89 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Thank you for posting your device info and feedback, @MattG82. I've added this information to the internal ticket we have open. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Bncustoms_joel
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. The app crashes ever since I upgraded to a premium family plan. 

S21 

Verizon 

0 Kudos

ExcaliburVT
Underground

Just signed up with the Family Plan to determine if I should switch from YouTube Music to either Pandora or Spotify. Getting this error EVERY TIME I try to open the app. The only thing that seems to help is clear the storage and log in again. Needless to say that this is a deal breaker if this is not fixed immediately. A critical issue that was reported a month ago should not still be around like this. 

lcrosswe
Underground

I agree with you100% @ExcaliburVT . I have been with Pandora for more than 10 years, but my family plan subscription runs out at the end of August and this issue is making me think long and hard about leaving Pandora. I love Pandora, but this is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos

shaun1977
Local Performer

I can listen to Pandora two or three songs and then my phone goes out of session from Pandora I have to delete Pandora to put it back on my phone Android and then I can listen to two or three songs and then it'll do it again can you help me

0 Kudos

zeb
Opening Act

Had what I thought was an interesting idea - since I have a Family Plan, I created a new Pandora account with one of my remaining accounts and using a different email.

The results are the same, I still get the session timed out message and then the app crashes. I thought maybe it was something about my account on my phone, but appears to be something about my phone, or so it seems from that test (I've provided phone details elsewhere).

Also, to note, I had Pandora Support remove all devices from my account. That too did not help.

Would LOVE to have Pandora give an update on this. I'm going on a month of not being able to use Pandora on my phone.

0 Kudos

ExcaliburVT
Underground

Model: Google Pixel 4a (5G)

Carrier: Google Fi

Android version: 11

Pandora Version: 2106.1

Patterns: Receive prompt that your session has timed out and then if you don't respond after a period of time you get a message "waiting for connection.  Try again?".  Hitting retry simply repeats the message that your session has timed out and the app exits.  Opening the app a 2nd time results in a hard crash "Pandora has stopped".

I used the "Report Issue" functionality within Android.

Please note that I am a brand new user in the 60 day trial and I have only been able to use the App for a short time. I started a family plan and the app worked the first time I signed in but the VERY NEXT TIME I opened the app this issue began occurring.  The common element that I seem to see in this thread is that most people have a family plan.  

Steelersfan12
Local Performer

Why is my Pandora keeps timing out

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update (07/26/21): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks so much for posting your feedback and device details to share with our engineering team. They have been working on this. When the newest Pandora app version 2107.1 becomes available to you, please try updating the app. 

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

When new versions of the Pandora app for Android devices become available, we also share more details in this thread: Android: Release Notes

Thanks for your help and patience during this process. 🤝

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

zeb
Opening Act

Do you have an estimate on when 2107.1 will be available? I don't see it yet. Is there a beta program I can sign up for to get ahead in line - I REALLY want to get over this issue.

Also, was there something specific in that release that addresses this specific issue or is it just hopeful that upgrading the app will clear something up, but no guarantee? 

johnna01
Local Performer

The same crashing problem was happening to me but as soon as I went to the google play store, searched pandora, and pressed open, the app opened fine again without crashing 👍

0 Kudos

AlyE
Local Performer
Same here, getting tired of not being able to use something I pay for every
month.
0 Kudos

yuraimagouveia7
Local Performer

I am having a a problem I have paid for my Pandora and it keeps telling me that my session is timed out when I already have paid for it I have bought a new phone updated all my emails and my cards so where can I go to get some help to get my Pandora to play again I have been with Pandora for years this is never happened what is a problem with Pandora App I've been having this problem for at least 2 months or less maybe one month please let me know what I can do because obviously we cannot talk to a person we have to talk by email and that's not right either because I'm not getting anywhere with emailing a person about my Pandora they're not fixing the issue they're just trying to work around it and work around it and I'm not getting anywhere with my app for Pandora they want me to subscribe to Pandora premium and I just don't have the money for Pandora premium right now I just want a regular Pandora the five the four whatever 499 you pay five and change for it I'm happy with that for now please help me with this situation

0 Kudos

Knighthawk321
Local Performer

This had better fix the issues, especially the "session timeout" issue. This has been going on far too long for a product with Pandora's otherwise good reputation. If you want to keep in your customers' good graces, this next update will fix the problems once and for all. Otherwise you will see us leaving in droves. 

0 Kudos

Bncustoms_joel
Local Performer
  • Model: Samsung S20+ 
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 11
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): RP1a.200720.012.G986US2DUE2
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): June 1, 2021
  • Pandora version: 2106.1

Having this issue since I upgraded to the Family premium plan. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps and nothing works. Issues on both cellular network and WiFi. The only way I can get it to work is to delete app data and relaunch the app. This will allow the app to work until it is closed. once the app closed it will not open again just a spinning look of "your session timed out" message. Is there a way to go back to an old version of the app that works until the new version is working?

0 Kudos

rowdyty18
Local Performer

session keeps timing out i clear data and cache and still resigning in all the time since last update fix this!

0 Kudos

ba2
Local Performer

Not sure how long the link will be valid, but it should download the apk for 2107.1 directly from Google:

https://play.googleapis.com/download/by-token/download?token=AOTCm0RlqzYPI-YIZbXoBMLR4HefbJF5NvqXGAj...

0 Kudos

Stinson702c
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa- 

I'm having the same problem. The app pulses a "P" then says session has timed out. I have reset the storage and removed the battery optimization and allowed background restrictions. 

If you can help, I would appreciate it.

• Model: google pixel 5
  • Carrier: ATT
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 11
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):RQ3A.210705.001
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):N/A
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.2106.1
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Thank you Bob
0 Kudos

MuhammedsGirl21
Local Performer

I'm about to cancel my subscription I'm so sick of paying for a crappy music app!

0 Kudos

zelic51
Local Performer

I'm not sure what Google Play Store you're looking at, but mine says "manage apps & device" and when I go to Pandora it says it was updated June of 2021.  I uninstalled what I had just two days ago and re-installed in order to satisfy a new Google Nest wifi system in my home.  Boy, was that a mistake!  When I re-installed, and opened a new account with my gmail address, I could NOT get Pandora to open on my phone. It shows version 2106.1, and every time I try to open it, it says "session timed out" and the P just keeps popping.  Going crazy!  I've done all your troubleshooting, still doesn't work.  Samsung 7, on both home wifi and outside on the 4g Tmobile network.  I loved listening to Pandora, and I hope it works on my phone again.  Works fine on my Windows 10 desktops and laptops, and believe you me, I ain't gonna touch it on those.

0 Kudos