cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Crashing with "Session Timed Out" on 2106.1

tdalias
Underground

Same issue with pandora v2106.1.  Crashes on start.  Free and premium tier.  Where the fix?

Latest versions of android web view and chrome.  Cleared storage/cache on both.

Samsung s21, android 11, xfinity mobile.

Issue happens on WiFI, Cellular.  Hard restart sometimes fixes.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
89 Replies

MuhammedsGirl21
Local Performer

Still saying session timed out I am to the point where I am going to cancel my card so I do not get charged for an app that NEVER WORKS!!

0 Kudos

Aeshaw
Underground

Mine just started the session timed out issue in the last couple of days. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it did nothing. Still not working. 

Cellular data and wifi do it.

Galaxy S9+ on T-Mobile postpaid account. 

Not on a family plan with Pandora.

0 Kudos

clearwater80
Local Performer

same thing with me.  every time i start the app it crashes.  i have to delete all data from the app, then sign in again every time

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update (08/02/21): Hey everyone 👋

The newest Pandora app version 2107.1 should be available to all now. Please try updating the app as it should resolve the "Session Timed Out" error message. 

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

When new versions of the Pandora app for Android devices become available, we also share more details in this thread.  More info about today's app release will be updated here soon: Android: Release Notes

++

If you continue to receive the error message after updating to app version 2107.1, please let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

jbswear
Local Performer

Updated.  Rebooted.  Still times out every time. 

Android

Samsung Note 10+

Why am I paying for this?

0 Kudos

zeb
Opening Act

2107.1 appears to have resolved the issue for me! 

Aeshaw
Underground

~~~UPDATE!~~~

I fixed mine! I uninstalled, reinstalled, then cleared cache AND data through my phone's settings for the app. I had to log back in, so maybe just logging out and back in will help, I don't know...but it's working flawlessly now!

Up to date Samsung Galaxy S9+ 

Only problem left is I just started a 90 day free trial of premium in the last week and it no longer shows on my account that I have premium.

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora

@jbswear Let's try these steps from your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. This should help resolve the error message you're seeing along with being updated to 2107.1. It sounds like the app may need a refresh. Let me know how it goes. 

++

@Aeshaw I've taken a look, and the email address associated with your Pandora Community profile is a newly created account (created on 07/30/2021). I think you may be logged into the wrong account.

Please keep in mind, Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device or phone number. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts.

Someone from our User Support team will reach out to you via email to assist with regaining access to your original Premium account. Please keep an eye out for their message soon. 📬

0 Kudos

Tiantase
Local Performer

Litetally ready to cancel mu subscription... reboot uninstall reinstall always crashes... s21 att provider latest updates etc... whats the fix

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Tiantase. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. This issue should have been resolved in the release of 2107.1. Have you tried clearing your app data / cache? If not would recommend trying out the following while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account:

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos