cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Crashing with "Session Timed Out" on 2106.1

tdalias
Underground

Same issue with pandora v2106.1.  Crashes on start.  Free and premium tier.  Where the fix?

Latest versions of android web view and chrome.  Cleared storage/cache on both.

Samsung s21, android 11, xfinity mobile.

Issue happens on WiFI, Cellular.  Hard restart sometimes fixes.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
89 Replies

lcrosswe
Underground

Model: Google Pixel 3a

Carrier: Mint

Android version: 11

Pandora Version: 2106.1

Patterns: This happens EVERY time I open Pandora. I have a paid family account and I cannot use it on my phone. Please fix it ASAP!

0 Kudos

bretlagro2
Local Performer

Samsung A71 5G

T-Mobile

Android 11

Pandora 2106.1

"Session timed out" persistent notification in app. Tried all fixes, basic and advanced.  Nothing worked.

Problem started as soon as I signed up for a plan and started a subscription. 😞

Luckily subscription came with 30 days free. Hope it can be fixed by then.  Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Cyhalsey75 @dmarciano84 @lcrosswe @bretlagro2 I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

bretlagro2
Local Performer

Might be something to note.  If I clear out my cache and data and sign back in, it seems to work. But, I have to do this EVERYTIME I open the app!  Just not fun.  None of the troubleshooting steps work. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing. I'm in my free month of Pandora before my subscription fee starts, so I really hope it's fixed by then. Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@bretlagro2 I've gone ahead and updated our engineering team with this additional information.

Thanks again for your patience!

Kd82
Underground

Every time I click on Pandora it says that my session has timed out and it cuts off it will not let me do anything help please

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Kd82 I moved your post over to this existing thread: App Crashing with "Session Timed Out" on 2106.1

Please check out @AlyssaPandora's  message here for the requested information to share with our engineering team. 

Thanks for working with us on this! 🤝

Kimberly4
Local Performer

Why can't I listion to my music? I open the app and it says time out. I have installed the app and restarted the app again. Is it just me having these issues?? I have the samsung s21+. What's the problem if anyone can help. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Kimberly4 I moved your post over to this existing thread: App Crashing with "Session Timed Out" on 2106.1

Please check out @AlyssaPandora's  message here for the requested information to share with our engineering team. 

Thanks for your help with this!

Starscr
Local Performer
Sometimes when you don't hit ok and swipe the screen it allows you to play
it.most of the time is when you leave the ap running in the background and
close out.
0 Kudos

Kimberly4
Local Performer
I trued to not push the OK button and there is noting still. I forstoped
the app and still nothing. Do you think 9 need to go to Verizon to let them
check it out to see if they can see the problem.
0 Kudos

dmarciano84
Local Performer

As a professional software developer, I am confident that this is a code/server issue based on the session timeout message and the fact that clearing the app's data/cache, and logging in again, resolves the issue (until it occurs again after not using the app for sometime).  Unfortunately, Verizon won't be able to assist in resolving such an issue.

AlyssaPandora

@dmarciano84 is correct  - thanks for the helpful tip!

@Kimberly4 This appears to be an error with the app, not your actual device or wireless carrier. Our engineering team is aware of this issue. Would you mind sharing more details about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know in your next post, and I can share this with our engineers on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Kimberly4
Local Performer
Version # 2106.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 21061006
0 Kudos

CrazyCranium
Local Performer
  • Model: Pixel 3a XL
  • Carrier: Google Fi
  • Android version: 11
  • Build number: RG3A:210705.001
  • Pandora version: 2106.1

New to using Pandora, but a couple patterns I have noticed.

• It will work fine if I start Pandora while in airplane mode, it will go straight to offline mode with no issues.  If I turn off Airplane mode I will get the error again.
  • Clearing App storage fixes the issue temporarily.
  • After clearing storage, it seems to work until it has finished downloading offline stations.  If I start the app after downloading offline stations has finished, then I will usually get the error again (unless I am in airplane mode)

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thank you so much for your device details, @Kimberly4 @CrazyCranium.

I've added your information to the internal ticket we have open with our engineering. While I completely understand how frustrating this can be, we appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🎧

Akc2
Local Performer

Then crases, can't get anywhere to check settings for Pandora. Tries to get me to buy another subscription when u just bought please premium.

Data and battery saver off

0 Kudos

lcrosswe
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora 

Do you have any idea as to the estimated time of the fix? It looks like the majority of us with this problem are paid subscribers. I would imagine that Pandora would be interested in keeping our business. It only makes sense for us to have Pandora if it actually works on our devices. The initial post about this problem was on 7-2. That was 19 days ago.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there @lcrosswe. 👋

I understand where you're coming from. At this time, I don't have any new updates or an ETA for a fix. However, I can assure you that all the information on this thread has been reported and our engineering team is working on this diligently. Any new updates will be posted on this thread. For now, the latest update on this issue has been posted and marked as the solution; so that it's easily visible for other community members) here. Thank you for your patience during this process.

++

@Akc2 Thanks for posting your experience. Would you mind providing these details about your device so that I can add this to the ticket we have open?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

MattG82
Local Performer

I have a new Motorola Ace and I get the session timed out message when just opening the player, unless I clear cash Everytime. Happened with my old phone as well which was a Samsung A20. Both T Mobile as provider.

0 Kudos