cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App Pauses With Incoming Phone Call

Tilework39
Local Performer

Continues playing song when getting a call and pauses at beginning of next song and won't allow me to play until call ends. Would like to keep listening while talking on my phone. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Tilework39. 👋

Unfortunately, the sound settings of each app are set by the needs of the app and cannot be altered. So, if you are playing a game or using an app that requires sound (including phone calls), the audio from Pandora may pause. It's not possible for us to override the sound settings, or any other functions of another app.

Hope this helps explain. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Tilework39. 👋

Unfortunately, the sound settings of each app are set by the needs of the app and cannot be altered. So, if you are playing a game or using an app that requires sound (including phone calls), the audio from Pandora may pause. It's not possible for us to override the sound settings, or any other functions of another app.

Hope this helps explain. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Gfmd
Local Performer

What is odd is that this functionality has changed. At one point in time making or receiving calls would not interrupt music but wouldn't allow you to separate phone calls from music as output to a Bluetooth speaker. You would need to manually touch the Bluetooth button during the call to disable the call sound going to the speaker and the music would continue alone. Now you can stop the call from going to the speaker in the first place but unfortunately now the music pauses till the phone call is finished. It's really a pretty crucial feature to develop.

0 Kudos

LSV123
Local Performer

When I'm listening to music and I get a call, even though I have the phone calls off, there's a moment of silence until the call ends. Even Verizon couldn't fix it, and they said that there has to be a way to OVERRIDE it.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @LSV123. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Android: App Pauses With Incoming Phone Call

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here.

While we can't override this, feel free to create a suggestion for this option in the Feature Request space.

Thanks for being a part of the Pandora Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Jgarza14
Local Performer

I just experienced the same thing up till today the feature stopped working. I use to be able to talk on whatsapp voice call and play pandora or even amazon prime. Now it doesn't work. YouTube still works and samsung music. Again all while on a phone call. Need this to work again. 

0 Kudos

Jgarza14
Local Performer
  • Today 8/21/22, pandora was unable to play music while on whatsapp phone call. I use to be able to talk on whatsapp and play pandora for years now, daily. Even amazon prime music. This feature doesn't work anymore. I was just on it, hung up and called back, but music wouldn't play.  YouTube videos and samsung music still play during a phone call. Again, all while on a whatsapp phone call. They never worked on a regular phone call, which is fine.  This is why i used whatsapp.  Need this to work again.  I've emailed both apps with concern,  WA was very fast to reply, but nothing was fixed. Have yet to hear back from pandora...
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jgarza14. 👋

Looks like you have an open support case with our team via email. I would recommend responding to their message as it looks like they have reached out to you. 

In the meantime, the sound settings of each app are set by the needs of the app and cannot be altered. So, if you are playing a game or using an app that requires sound (including phone calls), the audio from Pandora may pause. It's not possible for us to override the sound settings, or any other functions of another app.

++

Since this is a newer issue for you, it may help to run through these steps: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue continues, I can share your feedback with the appropriate party on your behalf. I'll need the following details:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

ruthme
Local Performer

How do I stop phone calls from interrupting the music? Do Not Disturb silences the music. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @ruthme. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. 

Please check out my post about this here.

++

If this is a newer issue for you, it may help to run through these steps: Android Troubleshooting

It's helpful to know the following details:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Kathyann
Local Performer

I want to keep music playing while talking on the phone

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kathyann I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Android: App Pauses With Incoming Phone Call

Please check out the accepted solution for more information around this here.

While we can't override this, feel free to create a suggestion for this option in the Feature Request space.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos