cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Stuck on "For You" Screen

Kevinr14
Local Performer

I have an entirely new set of very frustrating problems now. After installing the latest android version (1910.02) , the app automatically switches back to the home or "For you" screen when I try to switch to a different screen such as my collection or settings. I am unable to get to any other part of the app because it instantly switches me back to the "for you" screen. Furthermore, if a song is playing and I put the app in the background or shut the screen off, the app says says "Your Pandora session timed out" and crashes when I attempt to open it again (with music still streaming). Please fix ASAP! I pay for the premium subscription and can't even use the app for over a week now.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
14 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Kevinr14.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening from your device.

I moved your post to a separate thread as this sounds like this is a new issue that you're experiencing.

If you haven't already, could you please try out these steps for Android devices?

This could help resolve the problem you're noticing. Let me know if the issue persists after trying the steps.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Ashes23
Local Performer

I recently upgraded to the Premium. The app won't let me search or create a playlist. After a second or two it goes back to the "For You" tab. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I have the same issue. Please hlep.

HopefulHerbie
Underground

So, today, I went from the free trial of Premium to the billed version.

Suddenly, it boots up to a welcome screen, then flashes to a playlist screen. Back and forth every 5-10 seconds or so.

Problem is, it keeps going back to this bouncing screen even when I'm typing in a search or scrolling a playlist. I lose my place every few seconds. It's making Pandora completely nonfunctional. 

I'm running it on an S8, and had no issues with the free version.

Pics are the two screens it keeps abruptly going back to.

Screenshot_20191021-214433_Pandora.jpg

Screenshot_20191021-214425_Pandora.jpg

Chrisnoll
Local Performer

I just upgraded to premium and having the same problem. Can't do anything because my screen keeps switching to the "for you" screen every 2 seconds. Very frustrating! Gonna have to cancel premium service.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @HopefulHerbie.

I moved your post over to this thread as @Chrisnoll @Kevinr14 are both experiencing a similar issue.

Please check out the troubleshooting steps from my message above, to see if it helps.

++

If you still run into issues with running through the troubleshooting steps, please provide the following info so I can report this to our engineering team: 

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks so much!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ashes23 I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community organized.

Mind checking out my message above to see if those steps help with this issue?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

rwp
Local Performer
Same here. Tried all the fixes. S8+ My free trial ended and I started paying today.
0 Kudos

HopefulHerbie
Underground

None of the fixes worked, even after multiple attempts and phone reboots. Gave up and went to bed.

Today, it was back to working normally. Very bizarre that so many are having this issue right after the paid upgrade takes effect.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rwp Thanks for trying out those steps.

Please provide the requested information from my message here, so that I can report this our engineering team.

0 Kudos

rwp
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora wrote:

@rwp Thanks for trying out those steps.

Please provide the requested information from my message here, so that I can report this our engineering team.

This issue fixed itself today.  No Pandora update, but Android did do a security patch update last night.  Not sure if that's a coincidence or the fix.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing this update, @rwp.

Sounds like you're back to listening without any issues. Enjoy the tunes!

0 Kudos

AlexJediKnight
Local Performer

I tried your troubleshooting steps. I went into settings and cleared my data from my Android. I just bought Pandora plus and it keeps switching back to the for you section as well after it wanted to upgrade my Pandora app today. You guys got to fix this because it completely makes me not want to pay for it the day I upgraded from free Pandora to Pandora Plus.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @AlexJediKnight. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I completely understand your frustration.

Could you share a bit more about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

geeceyuri
Underground

You can force quit and reopen the app. If no use, try to update the app. And I know an repair like TunesKit can help you.