cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App always starts in Offline Mode

bonhamsurf
Local Performer

My Pandora on my Galaxy S10 has recently always started in "Offline Mode". It doesn't matter if I'm connected to my WiFi or using my 4G. It just started a few weeks ago. I have tons of space on my phone, unlimited data, etc.

But every time I open the App on my phone, it's starts in Offline Mode. I've tried everything.

I have a year of downloading music to my phone, so I don't want to uninstall and reinstall the App.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
52 Replies

TmacPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

@DMG @jaygerwolf @nmeisberger @stuco @jvanwals @TheIceMan333  There's a fix coming in release 2001.1 which is ramping up now.  You should see it in the next week.  Thanks for reaching out and let us know if you see more issues.

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

madmax209
Local Performer

These steps did not work, please let the dev team know.

Tweete826919
Local Performer

This is EXACTLY what is happening to me. I find if I toggle the offline mode switch on and off it resets. Is pandora only compatible with 5 GHZ for wi-fi? I thought maybe that was it? But it does it in my car also and thats a 5G connection. Maybe its an android bug?

0 Kudos

MichaelFleyshma
Local Performer
Mine does the same thing, it's very annoying and hopefully is fixed soon. I have a Galaxy s10+.
0 Kudos

ag21197
Local Performer

Long time paying customer. Same problem, starts in offline mode regardless. Don't you love it when engineers take an already great app and get cute and screw it up.. Please fix!!!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ag21197 @MichaelFleyshma 

Trust me, I understand how frustrating this is.

Our engineering team is working on fixes for offline issues on Android devices. Hopefully, this is resolved soon. 

Thanks so much for your patience during this process! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

twegman18
Local Performer

Experiencing the same issue, began with the last major update that changed Pandora's interface. Been super frustrating the last 3 months.

I have a Galaxy S10, carrier T Mobile, issue happens everywhere whether I am on cellular data or wifi. Been with Pandora for over 10 years but never been closer to switching to spotify. Please fix soon.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@twegman18 We appreciate your patience as our engineers work to push out a fix for this.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos

nunhappy
Local Performer

I am also having this issue on Galaxy Note 9. Always starting in offline mode and takes a good second to even refresh to online. This thread was started back in September (3 months ago). At the very least can we get a detailed updated as to what is going on currently? When is this going to be fixed? I apologize but I am canceling my sub until this is fixed. I don't like paying for something that doesn't work as intended. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @nunhappy. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble with your offline tunes.

Which version of the app are you using on your device?

Pandora version:

• If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Thanks for your help with this!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Nicnameroxi
Local Performer

Same issue here: Galaxy Note 10+ I open app while connected to wifi and it goes to offline mode.

Pandora version:

• If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • Version 2104.1 (Android-Tuner 21041005)
0 Kudos

drosen
Local Performer

Was there a resolution to this issue? Pandora 2205.1.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 22051108) always starts in offline mode (regardless of wifi or cellular) and initially starts playing my offline music (even though I have "enable auto-start" turned off -- a separate issue). It takes 20-30 seconds before it goes online.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @drosen. 👋

Sorry to hear that is happening.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know if this helps refresh the connection on your device. 🎧

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

0 Kudos