cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Background Color Change

Blackshirt2099
Local Performer

Hey there everyone. I'm sure my concern will just go unheard here but my particular issue is the blue background that Pandora uses for its Android app. There has been numerous studies done that shows the harmful effects of any blue light source to the eyes retina which does cause damage over time. This is something that has affected me personally while using the Pandora app and eventually, my eyes will get strained while looking at the Pandora screen for too long which then will lead to me getting a bad headache.

I'm obviously with others here who want something better put in place. I just don't get why there can't be any kind of color change or skin change where each user can choose what is comfortable for them. Even applying some shade of gray or black in substitute of the blue would be much better. Pandoras competitor Napster for example has a well designed app that isn't intrusive to one's eyes or generic looking.

I don't know what any of us here can really do to have this done but it would be great to get some kind of detailed resolution from the Pandora staff on this matter and to see if Pandora is taking all users eye health seriously. If anyone here feels the same way, please voice your opinion because it does matter!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Blackshirt2099. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback about this. I completely understand where you're coming from.

Changing the Background Color:

At this time, changing the background color is not a feature of Pandora on any device. Another community member created a feature request for this option that you may be interested in: Ability to change colors on now playing screen

• To upvote an existing feature request, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request.
  • To learn more about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic here: "How do requests become features?"

++

Dark Mode:

If you're interested, Pandora now supports Dark Mode on Android devices updated to Android 10 and running the latest version of Pandora. You can find out more information about that in my post here.

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Blackshirt2099. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback about this. I completely understand where you're coming from.

Changing the Background Color:

At this time, changing the background color is not a feature of Pandora on any device. Another community member created a feature request for this option that you may be interested in: Ability to change colors on now playing screen

• To upvote an existing feature request, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request.
  • To learn more about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic here: "How do requests become features?"

++

Dark Mode:

If you're interested, Pandora now supports Dark Mode on Android devices updated to Android 10 and running the latest version of Pandora. You can find out more information about that in my post here.

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Blackshirt2099
Local Performer

You need to understand that most devices won't be able to upgrade to Android 10. Android 10 for that matter is only available for a handful of phones as is right now. So the real problem for Pandora is that they made a new feature which most users will never be able to use as a result of their phones not being able to upgrade to Android 10. I fall in that large category as a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active user.

So in short, Pandora should have this new feature available for Android 9 and above users, not Android 10.

0 Kudos

Rea
Local Performer

Not everyone who has Pandora is android

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Rea. 👋

Agreed! Aany Pandora listeners use several different devices to stream their music + podcasts. This specific thread was created by another listener in the Android space of the Pandora Community.

Changing the background color is not a feature of Pandora on any device. In the meantime, we do have an existing feature request for this option that you may be interested in: Ability to change colors on now playing screen

Hope to see you around the community space more often! 🎧

0 Kudos

fullmetalheart
Underground

I remember this USED to be a thing we could change (I had some background that was pictures of cassette tapes or something) but I guess they removed the feature at some point.  The blue really drives me crazy too and I kinda hate it.  I keep the window open on my desk at work and the blue is just annoying.

0 Kudos

Killstein
Underground

I have the premium subscription and the background changes with the album pic of the song being played. 

this is a BIG issue for me because I drive at night and it's often WAY too bright. 

some songs you can't see (Because your phone brightness is down) and then others you want to turn down the brightness more...

At night with the brightness down you can't see the name of the song and artist because it's so small of text.

There needs to be a dark mode and a way to change the text size for people with bad eyesight.  

I can see it fine if I am holding my phone but when driving at night and the phone in a holder with the brightness down you can't see that. 

there are some major design flaws here.