cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth connectivity issues with my car

Nancyjh
Local Performer

I recently purchased a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek that has Pandora already loaded as an app. I signed up for the Pandora premium account, but am having two different issues when connecting to my car via Bluetooth.

I've already paired my car with my android phone, a Samsung Galaxy S20, plus paired my car with my phone's Android Auto app. If I launch Pandora on my phone, then connect my phone to my car via a USB cord - no issues whatsoever. But, it's really hit or miss with Bluetooth. Most often I get the "unable to connect" error on my car, even though it's properly paired and I have launched the Pandora app on my phone. On the (very) rare occasions that it launches, it works fine, and I can both see and navigate through my playlist.

To get around the connectivity issue, I've tried setting the Pandora app on my phone to launch from the car, and it will do so, however the car's screen then continually says "launching Pandora" and I never get to see my playlist, then am forced to change to a different song or album using my phone. Quite frustrating, and I have not seen any posts that address the issues I am having. Would appreciate some help and advice! The Pandora version I have is the latest: 2108.1.1. I realize that I could just default to always using a USB cord, but that's a bit of a pain, IMO.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Nancyjh! Thanks for posting to community. Congrats on your new car! 🚗

Just wanted to clarify which app you're using. 

In Subaru, the Pandora app is integrated into the head unit of your vehicle (PandoraLink). However, if your vehicle is equipped with Android Auto, you can also access the Pandora app through the Android Auto app, like you mentioned in your post. Android Auto will appear a little different than PandoraLink

Can you confirm which one you're using? When connecting your mobile to your Subaru and using PandoraLink, you may see an Accessory Screen pop up on your phone that asks that you use the head unit. If you don't see this notification, but are still connected, then you're using Android Auto.

Also, do you notice any similar issues connecting to other bluetooth devices, such as speakers?

I see that you're on the latest version of Pandora, can you let me know the Android OS you're on? If you need help finding this, let me know. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Nancyjh
Local Performer
It appears that I am using the Pandora link, as I get in through the apps section of my screen. But, whatever issues I was having before seem to have corrected themselves, so I think I am good now.
Thanks!

TannerPandora

Really happy to hear that, @Nancyjh! 🎉

Let me know if it happens again.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos