cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bookmarks Not a Feature with Premium?

sarie07
Local Performer

Ok, so I am a creature of habit. I don't like the new interface of the Pandora app, but I can adjust. What I dislike most is that I can no longer "bookmark" a song. Is adding a song to "collection" the new way to bookmark?? 

Please hellllp. Thanks!! Pandora is my preferred way to listen to music, so I hope to continue learning and growing along with the app!

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @sarie07. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 

I'm very sorry for any confusion about the bookmarks. Unfortunately, this is not currently a feature with Premium (looks like you've enabled complimentary sessions).

In the meantime, I would recommend creating a feature request if you'd like to see this option available with Premium on mobile devices.

You can still give the tracks you love Thumbs Up on your stations. If you have Pandora Premium or enable a session again, you can also collect songs and make playlists with those tracks. 

Hope this information is helpful! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Danae
Underground

It looks like bookmarks aren’t a feature period. 
I just lost 10+ YEARS of underground music bookmarks. 

I am shook.

No email. Nothing. I have no screen shots. Dear lord it’s gone... I just noticed. 
Why pandora would you take something like that away? Computer space? Yes, but like it’s a service... you just totally shot yourself in the foot. Human genome project Is understood by your users and you just totally ruined your platform and algorithms now. I have 10+ years of algorithm work invested into your platform... very not cool, Pandora!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Danae. 👋

Sorry for any confusion.

Looks like you currently have a free Pandora account. Bookmarks aren't currently a feature with Premium. Instead, you can download and collect songs of your choice, or use your Thumb feedback for stations.

For free and Plus listeners, you can view both your bookmarks and your Thumbs Up from your profile on the web. However, only your Thumbs Up will be viewable on your mobile device. 

Feel free to create a feature request if you'd like to see this option on mobile.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Danae
Underground

Lol I literally said... they took away bookmarks for ALL USER LEVELS. 

Doesn’t matter the account type. And if I want a feature I have to request it.

But ma’am what about the last 10 year worth of bookmarks you’ve absconded with by removing the future. I have a few tricks left up my sleeve to find my bookmarks (I.e. use devices with outdated versions of the application). I have still yet to look on my desktop profile to see the changes there.
Pretty much you just want to push people to paying for premium so they can create playlists instead.

Still doesn’t take away from the fact that the algorithm is now screwed up. Because you can like a song as a human, but not want your entire station to now sound like that. Screenshots is what you’ve reduced people to now if they want to save a song.
This is a developer issue not customer service..

0 Kudos

Danae
Underground

I amend. I see the records are still kept on the desktop site according to the previous comment. But still Imma make notes of all the songs I have saved so when you do decide to completely remove the feature (to boost profit margins), I’ll have records.

Lame, developer decision though..

The older I get.. the worst user friendly things become.. it’s depressing to age. Progressing to the age of being subpar and it being preferred by the masses... 

0 Kudos