cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song

Stephie0216
Local Performer

I don't have this issue with other apps that are for music. A couple of days ago I was able to play Pandora at my Job so we are using WIFI but now it just buffers. But I'm able to play Pandora at home on my WIFI and my data in the car.

I have also uninstalled/reinstalled. I also cleared the cache a couple of times. Even logged out and logged back in. I even just updated to the new version that is out today and still nothing. Here is my information for my phone:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Yes

Have you received any error messages other than buffering? No error messages just buffers and changes song every second

Carrier: Verizon

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 11

Pandora version: 2104.1

Labels (1)
49 Replies

davidkwhitaker
Local Performer

Skips songs without playing.

Seems to work okay when I connect Bluetooth to my vehicle.

Uninstaller / reinstalled / restarted phone.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Stephie0216. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. I moved your message over to an existing thread that I think is similar to the issue you're experiencing: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song 

Thank you so much for sharing your device information.

Could you also provide the make and model of your Android device?

Let me know as I'd like to share this with our engineering team. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Stephie0216
Local Performer

Google pixel 3 xl

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @davidkwhitaker. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song

First, I would recommend running through these steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account, and to see if they help resolved your issue: Android Troubleshooting

++

If the skipping issue persists, could you share more info about your device so that I can share this with our engineering team? We have seen a few other mentions of this recently on the Pandora Community, and have created an internal ticket.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know, and thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Redbeard722
Local Performer

Trying to search and play certain songs it will let me click and bring the song up as buffering then just skips to autoplay and an entirely different song. Paid pandora premium on galaxy s20+. I'm logged out and back in, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, deleted app Data etc. This is aggravating. I literally just signed up for premium after 10 years of using the free and this starts happening. 

Noone has an idea on what to do? 

0 Kudos

Herrmann84
Local Performer

I have an LG G8 and my Pandora app was playing music just fine yesterday today it will not play the music it'll come up with a song as it's buffering and then will skip it and go to the next and it'll just keep doing that. Wi-Fi signal is strong internet is working I tested all that I have turned my phone on and off I reinstalled the app and I've gone through and cleared out the storage in the app

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Herrmann84 @Redbeard722👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. Thanks so much for reporting this. I moved your posts over to this existing thread: Android: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song

Sounds like you've run through the standard troubleshooting steps here: Android Troubleshooting

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

++

@Redbeard722 Does this issue only occur when using AutoPlay?

Or does this happen when you listen to stations, playlists, etc?

Let me know. 🎧

mike_sunfox
Underground

I tried to select one stations in the app then it started shuffling through songs in that stations but not playing any of  them.  It take like 5 seconds to buffer then repeats on the next song.  It does the same thing when I select to shuffle all stations.  I cleared cache, I then tried to clear memory and I even tried deleting app and reinstalling it.  Nothing works. It only works on-line on my computer.  I'm about ready to cancel my service. Please help?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mike_sunfox Thanks for sharing your experience on the Community.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If this does not resolve the issue, I'd like to report your feedback to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

mike_sunfox
Underground

YEs that is correct.  Was working fine the day before when just listening to shuffle but when I tried to select a specific station that's when I noticed the problem.  I get no error messages at all.

It played for a bit then went back to buffering.  But I narrowed down the problem to the WiFi.

Samsung Note 9

Verizon

Android 10

Wifi

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information, @mike_sunfox.

I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Mkpoppindiva
Local Performer

Help! My pandora is also skipping like crazy. I have a samsung s20 5g. I've checked for updates. I've deleted and re installed. I've checked signal bars when it happens and I have full bars. It's making me nuts. 

0 Kudos

readhead123
Local Performer

Songs sound is skipping as well as have sound and then do not. periods of time about 1 or 2 seconds. All during same song play.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Mkpoppindiva and @readhead123! Thanks for posting your experience to community. Sorry for any trouble playing Pandora. 

I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account. This helps us better understand what may be happening. 

While this trace is enabled, can you do me a favor and run through some of our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If this does not help, I'd like to report your feedback to our engineering team. Can you send over some info about your device?

• Model:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

ShaneSmith
Local Performer

Every time I log on to listen to music, it says it's buffering, and skips to the next song, starts buffering, then skips to the next song, and that just continues. It will not play a song. Is anyone else having this problem? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @ShaneSmith. 👋

We have seen a few other mentions of this recently on the Pandora Community, and have created an internal ticket with our engineering team. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song

First, I would recommend running through these steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account, and to see if they help resolve your issue: Android Troubleshooting

++

If this issue continues, could you please share more info about your device so that I can update our internal ticket with your feedback / device info? 

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

JessKitsos85
Local Performer

I am having the same issue on my account. My work Wi-Fi is 72 MBPS which should be enough to play my music on the app but it buffers a lot between songs. Eventually one will play but as soon as it ends the app goes back to buffering. I am simply trying to play songs on one of my stations and it doesn't even help to swap stations. If I switch my phone to my cellular data or use my home Wi-Fi then Pandora plays just fine so I don't think it has anything to do with my phone.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @JessKitsos85. 👋

Thank so much for letting us know about this. I can report this to our engineering team for you. We have an internal ticket open so they can investigate.

Could you share the following details about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Baymax112
Local Performer

Having the same issue. Buffers and skips.

Samsung s21 ultra

T-mobile 

Andriod 11

Pandora 2106.1

Very annoying and embarrassing since I'm paying for this. 

0 Kudos