cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find Pandora Modes

Tdg
Local Performer

I read on the app description that Pandora Modes was added, but after 30 minutes of clicking everything in the app I don't see it. What am I missing? I love this feature on the web interface.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Tdg You should see 'My Station' under the name of the station on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, not all stations will have Modes available. 

For more information about Modes, please visit our help page

Thanks for posting to community! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Tdg
Local Performer
On the web interface, yes, but not on the Android app. Same station on both players. I wish I could send a screenshot.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tdg If Modes still isn't appearing within the Pandora app on your Android device, I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed here.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Tdg
Local Performer

Did all this.  Just uninstalled and reinstalled. Perhaps this version hasn't been released to Samsung users yet because it definitely isn't there. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tdg Would it be possible to send a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Also can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:

• Carrier:

• Android version (Settings > About Phone):

• Build number (Settings > About Phone):

• Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):

• Pandora version:

• If you can open Pandora, go to Settings and scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

• If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out. We really appreciate your help with this.

Tdg
Local Performer

Sure. Screenshot_20191010-155441_Pandora.jpg

Samsung Note 9

AT&T

Screenshot_20191010-155821_Settings.jpg

Pandora version  1910.1RC12

Doesn't matter how I'm connected. The screen and app look and behave in the same manner. 

I don't understand your last question,  sounds like a form question and doesn't apply.  As stated Pandora Modes are not available in my (current Play Store) version. 

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tdg The station in your screenshot does not have Modes. Some modes may only be available on certain stations. I recommend attempting to create an artist station and attempting to change your Mode(s) in the app, I've highlighted where to do this in my screenshots below:

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

Tdg
Local Performer

The Adult Alternative station has Modes on the browser but not on my app. None of the stations has modes on my app.

I don't understand how or apps differ, but they do. I'll have to live without them or stick to the computer while at work.

0 Kudos

Tdg
Local Performer

Right after replying to your message, I changed stations and the button you show at the top of your screenshot appeared. I clicked it saw the menu, then backed out and it was gone. Restarted the app it was there but when I switched foreground apps and returned it was gone again.

I'll try clearing the data and reinstalling again. I suspect a bug on the Note 9.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up with us @Tdg. Let me know if clearing the app data helps. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Tdg
Local Performer
Thank you for your help. I think this might be related to the integration with Waze. I usually launch Pandora from Waze. After clearing the data and reinstalling Pandora it was working perfectly. Then I linked Pandora to Waze and started having odd behavior. Not the same, problem, but for example, when switching to Pandora from Waze, Pandora was a blank pink page with only the version number at the bottom. Restarting Pandora fixed, but I was able to reproduce the issue by launching Pandora from Waze then opening the Pandora app and switching back and forth a few times. I did not see the Modes button disappear, so that's a good thing. Again, thank you.
0 Kudos

garyg1
Local Performer

I know this is an old thread and probably doesn't apply anymore, but I was encountering the same problem, "My Station" was not appearing under the station name on my custom station on the mobile app, so I couldn't change modes. I finally fixed it by opening Pandora on my Desktop PC, going to that station, and changing the mode from there. Then I went back to the mobile app & restarted the app, it was fixed, "My Station" appeared and I could change Modes on that station on the mobile app. I think changing the mode on Desktop just "unlocks" the Modes feature for that station on the Mobile App or something like that.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @garyg1. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with modes. If this happens again with a different station, please let us know so we can take a look to see what's going on.

In the meantime, we hope that you're enjoying the tunes! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024