cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Device Activation Code

obac80joe
Local Performer

How do I get a device activation code for a Samsung android. 

Labels (1)
65 Replies

FranklinLewis
Local Performer

have a code to activate pandora on my samsung tv,dont know where to enter

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @FranklinLewis. 👋

Please use the following steps to activate your in-home device:

• Launch the Pandora application.
  • Select New User.
  • An activation page will appear with a code - leave this code up on the device screen as you continue.

From the web, visit www.pandora.com/[brand of device] and enter the activation code there (e.g. www.pandora.com/samsung).

Or, from a mobile device, open the Pandora app and go to Settings, then tap Device Activation and enter the code.

Finally, select Continue on the in-home device.

You can also find out more information about how to activate Pandora on Samsung devices here.

Hope that helps. Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Docfloyd17
Local Performer

The code 45E434H8

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Docfloyd17 What is the make and model of the device you are attempting to activate Pandora on?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

krw01171958
Local Performer

I already have Pandora from direct tv. My new wi fi modem will not reconnect. I’m being asked for a password. I know no such password 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@krw01171958 To clarify, are you receiving a prompt to sign in using a password on your WiFi modem?

If so, that would be a separate password from your Pandora account.

That would be something you would need to reach out to your internet service provider for assistance with.

If you need help resetting your Pandora password so you can sign into the Pandora app through DirecTV, let me know.

0 Kudos

Usrrvz
Local Performer

I know where to enter code are they suppose to email the activation code how do I get it. I am billed for no commercials I might as well cancel 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Usrrvz. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

The Device Activation tab is for activating your Pandora account on in-home devices such as Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, etc. These devices generate codes that need to be entered on a separate device for activation.

If you're attempting to activate Pandora on your mobile device, you already have simply by signing into the app with your Pandora account email address and password.

If you'd like to activate Pandora on an in-home device, such as a Smart TV or Blu-ray player, you can do so using the following steps:

• Launch the Pandora application
  • Select New User
  • An activation page will appear with a code - leave this code up on the device screen as you continue
  • From the web: Visit pandora.com/[brand of device] and enter the activation code there (e.g. www.pandora.com/samsung)

Alternatively, from a mobile device: Open the Pandora app and go to Settings, then tap Device Activation and enter the code. Then select Continue on the in-home device.

++

We typically don't email activation codes. However, if you're referring to a promotional code or a code for a free trial, please let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

landwatersurvey
Local Performer

I got a new phone. I need an activation code and need to redo my password to keep other people from using my account. Why is this so hard and phone support not available?!?!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @landwatersurvey. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble.

No worries - someone from our User Support team has reached out to you via email to offer further assistance. If you don't see their message yet, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there.

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

ML4
Local Performer

Let me understand what your saying please, I do not need an activation code for my android if I am already a  user with a new account ?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct, @ML4.

To access your existing account on your Android device, you will first need to install the Pandora app.

You can then sign in using the email address your account is registered under.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

donaldgeorgi
Local Performer

I have a Pandora account which is active on my computer, tv, etc. I had to replace my cellphone with a new Galaxy AO3s. I can load Pandora, put in my email and password but always get ads. There is one action which asks for an Activation code. I have tried my cell phone unlock code and my password but never get rid of the ads. 

DKG

0 Kudos

donaldgeorgi
Local Performer

I have a Pandora account which is active on my computer, tv, etc. I had to replace my cellphone with a new Galaxy AO3s. I can load Pandora, put in my email and password but always get ads. There is one action which asks for an Activation code. I have tried my cell phone unlock code and my password but never get rid of the ads.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @donaldgeorgi. 👋

Looks like you have two Pandora accounts registered under different email addresses. Someone will reach out to you shortly via email to offer further assistance with your accounts. Please keep an eye out for their email, and if you don't see it soon, check your spam / junk folder. 📬

0 Kudos

rebeccacoxburru
Local Performer

How do I activate my device on a cricket LG 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @rebeccacoxburru. 👋

If you're attempting to activate Pandora on your mobile device, you already have simply by signing into the app with your Pandora account email address and password.

Are you having trouble downloading the Pandora app on your Android device?

Would you need assistance with resetting your password?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Sweetnlow379
Local Performer

How do u get a deactivation code and why do we need one?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Sweetnlow379. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: Android: Device Activation Code

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread. 

Feel free to let me know if you need further assistance with getting set up on a new device. 

Happy listening! 🎧

CarTunes-21
Underground

I signed up for Pandora Premium with the military discount approximately two weeks ago. I have not been able to access the log in screen to activate the new account. I have free account with another Gmail account and attempts to log in goes to that account.

My new account is for Gregory L. Lowry , Email acct. :

Please advise on path forward to acti vote this new acct. 

Thank you for your assistance. 

Greg Lowry

mod edit: removed email addresses

0 Kudos