cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Licensing for Songs

ForcedToSignUp
Local Performer

Why do there appear to be different licensing restrictions in the mobile app vs using desktop browser? For a direct example of what I mean, in a desktop browser, I can listen to Pink Floyd's The Turning Away an unlimited amount of times, on repeat if I want. However, I discovered last night that when trying to select the same song in the mobile app that it's labelled as a "station-only" song, and cannot be individually played. Why is this and how does it make sense?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ForcedToSignUp. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Looks like there are two different versions of that song (and the album). I do see that the Radio-Only version you're referring to as well. It looks like one version is the original release and the other may be a re-release. In the meantime, I will report this over to our curation team to investigate.

Any song marked as "Radio-Only" will be labeled as such across all devices.

++

One version you're able to listen to on-demand can be found here.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 9.40.00 AM.png

The Radio-Only version can be found here:

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 9.41.43 AM.png

I hope this helps clarify. If you think something else is happening, feel free to share a screenshot of what you're seeing on both devices. I'm happy to take a look for you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ForcedToSignUp. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Looks like there are two different versions of that song (and the album). I do see that the Radio-Only version you're referring to as well. It looks like one version is the original release and the other may be a re-release. In the meantime, I will report this over to our curation team to investigate.

Any song marked as "Radio-Only" will be labeled as such across all devices.

++

One version you're able to listen to on-demand can be found here.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 9.40.00 AM.png

The Radio-Only version can be found here:

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 9.41.43 AM.png

I hope this helps clarify. If you think something else is happening, feel free to share a screenshot of what you're seeing on both devices. I'm happy to take a look for you. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

ForcedToSignUp
Local Performer

Ok, that makes sense. I've run across several different songs that appear to have multiple versions, I just didn't notice this one in particular. Thanks for the help!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ForcedToSignUp We're always happy to help.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 😎

0 Kudos

shisuibejarano
Local Performer

when i try to listen to Left & Right by Moneysetryan on my chromebook it says i dont have the licencs (i dont think i spelt that right ) is there eny way i can share it or download it 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @shisuibejarano. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions. In the meantime, you can create a station that will play similar songs and artists, based on an artist or a particular song.

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be played on stations, on-demand, or offline. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this. 🎧

0 Kudos