cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Licensing on Mobile App vs Desktop Browser

ForcedToSignUp
Local Performer

Why do there appear to be different licensing restrictions in the mobile app vs using desktop browser? For a direct example of what I mean, in a desktop browser, I can listen to Pink Floyd's The Turning Away an unlimited amount of times, on repeat if I want. However, I discovered last night that when trying to select the same song in the mobile app that it's labelled as a "station-only" song, and cannot be individually played. Why is this and how does it make sense?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @ForcedToSignUp. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Looks like there are two different versions of that song (and the album). I do see that the Radio-Only version you're referring to as well. It looks like one version is the original release and the other may be a re-release. In the meantime, I will report this over to our curation team to investigate.

Any song marked as "Radio-Only" will be labeled as such across all devices.

++

One version you're able to listen to on-demand can be found here.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 9.40.00 AM.png

The Radio-Only version can be found here:

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 9.41.43 AM.png

I hope this helps clarify. If you think something else is happening, feel free to share a screenshot of what you're seeing on both devices. I'm happy to take a look for you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @ForcedToSignUp. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Looks like there are two different versions of that song (and the album). I do see that the Radio-Only version you're referring to as well. It looks like one version is the original release and the other may be a re-release. In the meantime, I will report this over to our curation team to investigate.

Any song marked as "Radio-Only" will be labeled as such across all devices.

++

One version you're able to listen to on-demand can be found here.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 9.40.00 AM.png

The Radio-Only version can be found here:

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 9.41.43 AM.png

I hope this helps clarify. If you think something else is happening, feel free to share a screenshot of what you're seeing on both devices. I'm happy to take a look for you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

ForcedToSignUp
Local Performer

Ok, that makes sense. I've run across several different songs that appear to have multiple versions, I just didn't notice this one in particular. Thanks for the help!

AdamPandora

@ForcedToSignUp We're always happy to help.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 😎

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos