cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Downloaded songs outside the US

mark5092003
Local Performer

I know you can't listen to Pandora outside the US without some finagling but can you listen to your downloaded songs? I figure if I put it in offline mode it should work?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @mark5092003. 👋

Sadly, we can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States at this time. This applies equally to free and paid accounts, as well as Pandora on all computers and supported devices, including offline. Audio content streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are still working on acquiring the proper licenses so we can offer Pandora in even more places around the world.

++

✈️ Traveling Internationally:

• If you are a Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium subscriber, you will be able to play your downloaded music while traveling outside of the country temporarily.
  • Please note you will need to download your offline content prior to leaving our service area. Android users must also manually set the Pandora app to offline mode before leaving.
  • Also, your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days.
  • Keep in mind Pandora Premium subscribers can download Stations, Playlists, albums and songs for offline listening and Pandora Plus subscribers will be limited to only four stations.

Hope this information is helpful! 🎼

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @mark5092003. 👋

Sadly, we can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States at this time. This applies equally to free and paid accounts, as well as Pandora on all computers and supported devices, including offline. Audio content streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are still working on acquiring the proper licenses so we can offer Pandora in even more places around the world.

++

✈️ Traveling Internationally:

• If you are a Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium subscriber, you will be able to play your downloaded music while traveling outside of the country temporarily.
  • Please note you will need to download your offline content prior to leaving our service area. Android users must also manually set the Pandora app to offline mode before leaving.
  • Also, your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days.
  • Keep in mind Pandora Premium subscribers can download Stations, Playlists, albums and songs for offline listening and Pandora Plus subscribers will be limited to only four stations.

Hope this information is helpful! 🎼

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

JAPAM
Local Performer

We wish Pandora had more reach outside of the US. I travel frequently to other countries and it is unfortunate I can't take Pandora with me and operate it as other platforms can. 
Pandora has been my favorite streaming platform since it came out, I love it more than S....y. but this feature really disappoints and the argument continues to be the same for more than a decade. I really hope this gets resolved soon. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'd love to see Pandora expand internationally as well. To express your interest in seeing this option, please go upvote this suggestion: Ideas: Expand Pandora Internationally

You can click on the 💙 icon next to the title to upvote the idea, and leave a comment if you'd like. Thanks for the feedback around this, @JAPAM

0 Kudos