cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Edit Playlists on Premium App Version 2004.1

Kyle1
Local Performer

Does anyone know how to fix the issue of a playlist not allowing you to move songs around

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Korgath13! Thanks for the info. 

We released the latest version for Android recently. Can you try and update the Pandora app to 2004.2 and see if this helps?

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

41 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Kyle1. 👋

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• What kind of playlist does this issue occur with? 
  • Is it one you created? If not, is it My Thumbs Up or a curated playlist by Pandora?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Kimmykim72
Local Performer

I've tried to rearrange and delete songs from a playlist I have made. Some songs  were added via Pandora's suggestion. I haven't been able to complete task. The songs aren't being rearranged nor deleted after saving the playlist. What's going on? 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Kimmykim72. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as we received a similar report about Premium listeners having trouble editing their playlists from an Android device. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here.

++

If you still have trouble, please provide the following info to report to our engineering team:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
    Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

DP813
Local Performer

Hello,

I have my playlists that I created.

I'm trying to change the order that songs play in.

I go to edit, make my changes, and then save.

Lo and behold none of the changes took.

I can change the name successfully and also delete and it's gone.

Halp

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @DP813. 👋

Sorry about the trouble with editing your playlists.

I moved your post over to this thread as you're encountering a similar issue as others on this thread.

Please check out my post about this here.

If you still have trouble after trying the steps, please provide the requested information. I'd be happy to report this over to engineering if the issue persists after troubleshooting.

Thanks for sticking with me on this! 

0 Kudos

DP813
Local Performer

No luck on suggested solutions.

Model: HD1925

Carrier: T-Mobile

Android Very: 10

Build #: 10.0.32.HD61CB

Android Security Patch Level: not listed

Pandora Version: 2003.2 Android Tuner 2003.2RC4

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for running through the troubleshooting steps, @DP813

I also appreciate you taking the time to send over your device details. I've shared your experience along with that info with our engineering team.

They're currently looking into this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Madame_Mendoza
Underground

I can't change the order of my playlists anymore like I could when I first got Premium. I could when I first paid for it, but for like, two weeks or so now I haven't been able to put the songs that I add to any of my playlists in the order I want them in. 😒

How do I get to do that again?? 

Penny Lane Kirkpatrick (Mendoza)

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Madame_Mendoza I moved your post over to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing the same issue.

Please try running through the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora linked in her message above.

If that doesn't help, please follow up with the additional information requested in that same post, and we will be happy to pass your feedback along to our engineers for further review.

Thanks for all your patience with this. 

Madame_Mendoza
Underground

I've tried all that, more than once. And I have also sent all the "Phone information" they asked for in an email well over a week ago and they've still not gotten back to me with anything they might've been able to figure out with that. 

I need some sort of other way to fix this, I do not find it fair to pay for premium if I cannot do this like I'm supposed to be able to.

Please do not ask me to try everything that I already have that has already been suggested to me.

I'd like a different suggestion please!

Thank you!!

Penny Lane Kirkpatrick (Mendoza)

TannerPandora

Hi @Madame_Mendoza Thanks for following up. I've checked in with our User Support team and I do see that you've emailed in and have confirmed that your info has been reported to the ticket for this issue. Please know that our engineers are diligently working on a fix for this. 

Since it wasn't mentioned in your original post on community that you had already reached out to our User Support team, we often start with standard troubleshooting steps with issues like this. Sorry for any repetition on our part. 

Thanks for being part of community, we appreciate your continued patience. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

PrincessSara
Local Performer

I'm also having the same issue. Can I get help with this also please

Matt271763
Underground

All of a sudden when I try to rearrange my song order in my playlists, it won't save the edited list. Does anyone know what is going on? I have a Samsung Galazy S10.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @PrincessSara @Matt271763. 👋

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are currently investigating what is happening.

Thanks so much for your patience while they work on this! 

0 Kudos

Matt271763
Underground

Everytime I go into Edit and try to rearrange my song list on my playlists and save it, it won't save the changes. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10. How do I fix this issue?

I tried all the troubleshooting and none of it worked to get this issue fixed. This appears to be an issue for a lot of people. I found this on another post so I'm going to fill it out as well. Hopefully someone from the support team will actually take this seriously and fix it. People pay for a subscription so they can have extra features like controlling your playlists. I don't like paying for something I'm not getting. 

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 10
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):QP1A 190711 .020. G973USQU3DTC9
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): April 1st, 2020
    Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2003.2
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening: WiFi

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Matt271763. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread as other listeners have mentioned similar experiences.

I'm very sorry for the trouble you're running into when editing your playlists.

In the meantime, I've shared your details with our engineering team as we have a ticket open to investigate / fix the issue. Your patience is much appreciated while they work on this.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎧

0 Kudos

Chief1
Local Performer

I'm having trouble editing from my mobile device. Editing on my computer works perfectly fine, but nothing goes through on my phone. I'm clicking the save button after moving a song and it just goes back to the original version. I've tried signing in and out. I've fully deleted the app, and even went so far as to fully reboot my device. Still, it refuses to allow any of my edits through my phone.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chief1 I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are having similar issues.

Please try running through the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora linked in her message above.

If that doesn't help, please follow up with the additional information requested in that same post, and we will be happy to pass your feedback along to our engineers for further review.

Thanks for all your patience with this. 

0 Kudos

PrecookedDonkey
Local Performer

So since it seems I have been having the same trouble as everyone else has, instead of posting about that, can I just ask why don't the devs just go ahead and fix all the issues with playlists while they are working on this bug? We wouldn't be here if we did not like your service, but I cannot be the only one who thinks that having to long click and drag a song from anywhere in a playlist to another spot is a total pain in the rear end. And having to swipe, swipe, swipe to get a playlist to the bottom or top of a playlist. And only being able to move one song at a time. Really, not being able to rearrange a playlist is a trivial problem compared to playlist construction and management in general. I have not used other music services because I have not ever felt like I needed to switch away from Pandora, but this is getting really old. Are there any plans to revamp playlist mechanics in the future, or is this what we get?