cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: "Playlist is no longer available"

june18
Local Performer

I noticed many other people are having the same problem I am- 'playlist no longer available'.  what's the status on a fix?  is anything being done?  I have a Premium Membership but I am not experiencing Premium services:(    Please give us all an update on your progress.  thnaks

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
43 Replies

AdamPandora

@june18 To clarify, does that error message pop up when you attempt to give a Thumbs Up to a track?

If so, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

june18
Local Performer

i have a 1 PLUS 8 5G UW and the phone recently got updated on 1/27 to  IN2019_15_210110

don't know if that means anything to you.....

it didn't seem to change anything regarding Pandora- still getting 'playlist no longer available'

whenever i ask for a different station....

my desktop version works fine.  i guess it's my phone.

oh well

0 Kudos

thefab_5
Local Performer

I have been getting the error every time I would thumb up a song so I tried the solution given by signing out of the app, updating, and signing back in and I received the message as soon as I signed back in without doing anything else. My phone information is:

Phone model: Moto z3
Carrier: Verizon
Android version 9
Build #PDX29.84-51-11-7
September 1, 2020
Pandora version 2101.1
Connected to Wi-Fi

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@june18 Thanks so much for providing those details. Sorry for the continued trouble with that error message popping up. I'll be sure to share this with our engineering team on your behalf. 

If you haven't already, I would also recommend running through these standard troubleshooting steps to see if it helps.

Appreciate your patience while our engineers look into this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

zv49
Local Performer

Based on all the previous discussion topics on this, it is not uncommon.  Here is my information for my phone and when it is occurring:

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S9
  • Carrier: VERIZON
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 10
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): QP1A.190711.020.G960USQS9FUB2
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): FEBRUARY 1, 2021
  • Pandora version: 2102.1.1

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? CELLULAR DATA

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? This error also occurs when I create a new playlist, it immediately says that the playlist is no longer available

zv49
Local Performer

Also, I have attempted the troubleshooting attempts as previously listed and none have worked.

0 Kudos

MOHLovesAlaska
Platinum Certified

@zv49, truly sorry for your troubles. Here are the one's who you can reach out for help. @ErickPandora (manager) @AdamPandora , @TannerPandora , and @AlyssaPandora . These four are the moderators for Pandora. I don't know about a response tonight. But for sure sometime tomorrow morning. Have a great night. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora

@zv49 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error Message: "Playlist is no longer available"

We believe this should have been resolved with the release of Pandora version 2102.1.1, however it sounds like the error message is still popping up for you.

Can you please try signing out of the app, and then signing back in?

If you continue to experience issue with this, can you please send us a screenshot of the error message you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

toddster
Underground

@AdamPandora 

I have had this problem for a long time now through multiple versions of Pandora and on two different phones. I would like to see it fixed so here are my details.

While listening to any radio station (stock, or my seeded station):

Thumbs down – works as expected.

Thumbs up – error message – rating registers – music keeps playing

Remove a previous thumbs up – error message – rating registers – music keeps playing

The error message is always the same “Sorry, this playlist is no longer available.” It appears in a pop-up box that must be acknowledged with the “OK” button to clear it. (screen shot attached)

I have lived with the error for so long because it does not stop the music or freeze the app; it just needs cleared. However, when it followed me from my old phone (Galaxy S10+) to my new one I thought this is enough, I want it fixed.

Phone: Galaxy S21 5G
Carrier: Ting Tello (T-Mobile GSM) edited for carrier correction
Android version: 11
Build: RP1A200012G991U1UEU2AUC8
Security patch: April 1, 2021
Pandora version: 2103.1

Happens on Wi-Fi and cellular data

Happened exactly the same on previous versions of Pandora and Android and a different phone when using this account.

I usually listen to a station that I have seeded heavily. I tested the behavior by playing a stock artist station that I have never listened to. The same error occurs.

I have signed out, cleared cache and data, uninstalled, reinstalled and the error persists.

If you need additional information please let me know.

Screenshot_20210416-141336_Pandora.jpg

toddster
Underground

Edited the last post for accuracy:

Carrier: Ting Tello (T-Mobile GSM)

I entered my carrier wrong; it is actually Tello. I had the same problem on TracFone (Verizon CDMA), Mint and Cricket though, so I don't think it is related to the carrier.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@toddster Thank you for sharing your experience with the Community.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to try and reproduce this once more on your end.

If the error message pops up again, please make sure to reply back to this thread and let me know.

0 Kudos

toddster
Underground

@AdamPandora 

Thanks Adam,

I just went on and reproduced the error on my station and a couple of stations that I don't listen to. Let me know if you need anything else on my end.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@toddster Thanks for writing back with that. I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Mlnay2
Local Performer

Do you happen to have a possible timeline as to when this issue may be resolved? It is frustrating to not be able to use the full service I am paying for. 

toddster
Underground

Well I finally gave up. Solved the problem by moving to another music service. I like Pandora but this has been happening far too long.

0 Kudos

mjcoyle02
Local Performer

Every time I hit the thumbs up symbol to like a song I get the error message "Sorry, this playlist is no longer available".

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@mjcoyle02 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Does this error message appear on any station you attempt to give Thumbs Up ratings on, or only some?

Additionally, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

0 Kudos

mjcoyle02
Local Performer

Hi - The additional information you requested is below. Attached is a screen**ahem** of the error message.

This error happens on every song I thumbs up on every my station that I create.  However, it does not happen with curated playlists.

I am listening to Pandora on a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G on the Verizon Wireless network.

The Pandora app appears to be updated when I go to Google Play store.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@mjcoyle02 It doesn't look like any screenshots were added to your last message.

Can you please try sending that one more time?

You can add that image by clicking on the camera icon in the reply box:

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 5.11.59 AM.png

Thanks again for the help with this!

0 Kudos