cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: "Playlist is no longer available"

june18
Local Performer

I noticed many other people are having the same problem I am- 'playlist no longer available'.  what's the status on a fix?  is anything being done?  I have a Premium Membership but I am not experiencing Premium services:(    Please give us all an update on your progress.  thnaks

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
37 Replies

mjcoyle02
Local Performer

Screenshot_20210627-205623_Pandora.jpg

 Attached is a screen shot of the error message.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for following up, @mjcoyle02.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps as they should resolve this: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If that error message continues to appear after running through those steps, then I'd like to report your feedback to our engineering team.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

mjcoyle02
Local Performer

I tried all the Android troubleshooting steps and I'm still getting the error.   Please forward this to your engineers.  This error happens on both wifi and cellular.  The error only happens on My Stations that I create.  It does not happen on pre-made curated playlists.

Here is the additional information you requested:

Android version: 11

Build number:  RP1A.200720.012.G781VSQS3DUE2

Android Security Patch Level:  Not noted on device.  Only says "June 1, 2021"

Pandora version:  2105.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 21051001)

Hope this helps resolve the error.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for following up with that information, @mjcoyle02.

I ended up merging your messages into this existing thread since the issue is specific to your Android device: Error Message: "Playlist is no longer available"

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

mjcoyle02
Local Performer

Update:  The Google Play Store had a Pandora update to Pandora version 2106.1 which I installed this morning.   However, I'm still getting the error message, "Sorry, this playlist is no longer available ".  Also, I noticed that the error message pops up when I press "my collection" upon first opening the app.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for the additional info, @mjcoyle02.

I will make sure to update our engineers with this as well.

Thanks again for your patience with this!

mjcoyle02
Local Performer

I'm no longer getting this playlist not available message.  I canceled my premium membership through the Google Play store and let it expire.  Then when ads started up again, I re-started a premium membership through the Pandora website and the error message stopped.

0 Kudos

june18
Local Performer

i'm sure it's my phone....

i was so relieved when the issue was fixed for a while (i think the app crashed and when i reinstalled it- the problem was gone) but now it's back and not just when i try to play my Thumbs Up playlist but on start up, station changes and advances.  i tried uninstalling and reinstalling- no luck

i have a One+ 8 5G UW

Android version 11

build # Oxygen OS 11.3.in67CD

Model- IN2019

Software version-  IN2019_15_210604

i have Pandora version 2107.1 (Android-Tuner 21071006)

fortunately, it's not preventing any music from playing but the constant pop-up is very annoying:(

any ideas?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@june18 I completely understand how frustrating that pop-up can be. You are correct, this issue was fixed however, it seems like it started popping up again.

It sounds like you've already tried out the standard troubleshooting steps here: Android Troubleshooting

Thanks so much for providing your device details. We have an open internal ticket with our engineering team for this issue. I've added your info to the ticket so that they can investigate. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

june18
Local Performer

the error massage 'sorry this playlist no longer available' is still popping up constantly!  it's been weeks now. 

any word on a fix?  the latest Android update didn't have any effect.  

I am paying for a premium membership and this bug is beyond tiresome:(  

I may have consider switching to Spotify....

0 Kudos

mabrown11
Local Performer

I'm having similar issues. I pick a song, Add to playlist, Name the Playlist, Save, then Error message pops up.

• Model: Galazy S21 5G
  • Carrier: Spectrum Mobile
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):  11
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):RP1A.200720.012.G991U1UES4AUH9
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): Sept 1, 2021
  • Pandora version: 2108.1 (android tuner 21081005)
0 Kudos

iliadz
Local Performer

I know this has been covered many times, but this bug is still out there. I tried clearing the cache of my android phone, uninstalling pandora, and even deleting all but two of my actual playlists. No matter what I do, the error comes up. I have been a subscriber off an on for probably a decade or two, if that matters. 

This is beyond frustrating to see it, over, and over again. I've canceled my subscription as well. Not that it's a huge deal but, regardless, you are for sure losing valuable subscribers from this. It's a yearly plan so if it's fixed before February of 22 I'll give it another shot. 

It's the latest version of Pandora as of 9/16/2021, on a new android phone, Samsung S21. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @iliadz. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error Message: "Playlist is no longer available"

This issue was fixed however, it seems like it started popping up again recently. I appreciate you taking the time to try out the troubleshooting. Sorry to hear that it didn't help. 

I'd like to share this on an internal ticket we have open for this issue. Could you send over the following info?  

• Android version: 
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Jodabu1
Underground

I just checked out this thread to see if I could use the information for a different issue. I keep getting the error message, "Sorry, this playlist is no longer available" every time I thumbs up a track. The two threads on that issue did not help me. I'm thinking that maybe it's related to the "My Thumbs Up" playlist. So I was thinking about deleting it, logging out, uninstalling, reinstall, etc., etc. So I came here to see what would happen if I deleted.

I also noticed that I have only 606 songs in my "My Thumbs Up" playlist. Yet, when I go to My Profile, I show that I have 1024 Thumbs Up. Shouldn't these two match, or at least be a lot closer? I'd like to delete and reset my "My Thumbs Up" playlist—not my thumbs ups, just the playlist if it is corrupted.

0 Kudos

mabrown11
Local Performer
I'm usually connected to wifi when this happens. I don't know if it happens
when on cellular only.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jodabu1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error Message: "Playlist is no longer available"

It sounds like you are running into two separate issues.

"Sorry, this playlist is no longer available" error:

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Profile thumbs up count differs from My Thumbs Up playlist:

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are working on it. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Jodabu1
Underground

Thanks, I didn't mean to highjack this thread, but I didn't know if there was a relation to the Thumbs Up playlist.

Here is the info regarding my device

Android Phone Model: OnePlus 7 Pro GM1915
Carrier: T-Mobile
Android Version: 11
Build number: Oxygen OS 11.0.1.4.GM31CB
Pandora Version: 2108.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 2108100)

Happens when connected to either Wi-Fi or Cellular

Other patterns: the error message pops up when thumbing up a song or if the screen rotates (portrait to landscape or vice versa). The pop up occurs when the screen changes orientation regardless if music is playing or not and in any of the tabs at the bottom (For You, My Collection, Search, Profile).

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for the info, @Jodabu1. 🤝

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos